Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Well, I don't have any other action figures really so I don't know how the usual timing of the waves goes and I'm a very impatient person!

Comment

^ Me neither thats why I have taken the advice from other people and I can tell

Comment

^ I know from a lot of my posts it's pretty obvious!

Comment

^ Im quite impatient too, I want something as soon as I think about having it

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
            ^ WOW you dont waste time do you, I mean I want the figures now but well be lucky if we get wave 2 by the end of this year according to what other people have posted about this subject (I dont know about the habits of toy companies, but other people do)

Like your thinkin!!!
            You know what's funny? I go to Target and Wal-Mart a lot and see a bunch of new Star Wars figures in the toy aisle every few months. Why do those get pumped out so fast? It's going to be very tough for me to wait until 2007 to finish my SG team.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
              Don't take offense, but I hope your wrong. I would like to see Atlantis figures being released at least after two waves of SG-1. It would be much better imo if this series was released between waves of SG-1 as I stated before. But I will try not to get my hopes up.

Oh, no offense taken. I would like to see Atlantis figures as well and sooner rather than later. It's just that the reality of such things doesn't usually mesh up very well with what we would wish for. Even the Buffy figures, which became hugely popular, were around for a couple of years before they got a concurrent Angel line going. It takes time and resources to plan and expand a line. REalistically, we won't see Atlantis figures until after three or four waves of SG1 because DST doesn't know how the line will do, even if the line is hugely successful, they will need a good deal of time to coordinate a second line of Atlantis figures, and they will have to devote resources for that line as well on top of any nadditional plans for SG1.

As for wanting wave 3 by year's end, I would also like to see as many SG1 figures as they can produce in a year. But seeing how wave 1 isn't going to be out until summer/fall, and it usually take 4-6 months to get another wave out after a release I'm still saying we'll be lucky to see wave 2 by year's end. You have to keep in mind that it take 9 months minimum to get a figure from concept to manufacturing, and that's under ideal circumstances. It takes an enitre team to conceptualize and prototype a line and the team can only work on one wave at a time. As much as we would like to see more toys and figures, it's actually not a simple process and they can't just crank them out one after the other. That's just the unfortunate reality of things. Once the line gets going, though, I'm sure we'll be able to expect three, maybe four, waves per year. Since this is only the beginning, we're going to have to be patient.

You know what's funny? I go to Target and Wal-Mart a lot and see a bunch of new Star Wars figures in the toy aisle every few months. Why do those get pumped out so fast? It's going to be very tough for me to wait until 2007 to finish my SG team.
              First, Hasbro is a major manufacturer of toys. They're second in the industry and have been around for a very long time. They have the resources and in-house personnel to pump out more product than anyone except Mattel (who's number one in the industry and Hasbro's only major cometiton). Second Star Wars is a long lived line with a large and well established customer base as well as being very appealing to young children year after year. Hasbro is able to devote more resources and people than DST even has access to or would be able to have access to even if they wanted it and Hasbro is more than willing to to so because they know SW is a sure sell no matter what. DST and their associates aren't Hasbro and don't have the resources a company like that would have. They also don't know how well the SG line is going to do yet. Also, DST never plans more than two waves ahead because they never know how well the specialty market is going to perform at any given time. Even a successful line can have the bottom drop out because the specialty toy and comic industry is having a dry spell. Hasbro's SW line doesn't have to worry as much because, between the collector's and children's market, they're covered either way. The same can be said of Hasbro's GI Joe and Transformers line, lines which also appeal to both children and collectors. DST's market is different and so their strategies and busioness practices also have to be different.
              Last edited by knightone; 21 January 2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

^ Are you an employee of some comic shop or do you just collect alot of figures, you have lots of knowledge my friend

I know, but as knightone said somewhere in his post DST will eventually just pump them out very quickly when the customer base is established and they have completed a few waves of the SG figures, be patient young one

Comment

^ I think it's pretty much established that anyone waiting for this stuff is going to become very impatient, very quickly...

Comment

Ok, so we can expect SG-1 Wave 1 Sum/Fall 06, SG-1 Wave 2 Spring/Sum 07? Maybe SG-1 Wave 3 Winter 07?

Here's hoping that SG-1 sales are great, and DST pumps out waves of SG-1 and Atlantis quickly.

Comment

^Hopefully they will pump them out quicker than that but thats not too bad I suppose, its better than waiting for 2007 for wave 1 and who knows maybe they will suprise us all and they will be in stores to purchase in June (they may have taken the distribution into account when they decided a release date)

I know Ill be gettin very impatient very quickly if they arent out in June

Comment

WraithWarrior, I've been collecting toys for twenty years, since I was ten. And I don't mean I was buying toys at ten, I was collecting them. I was buying three of every toy I wanted to have one to play with (and I still do play with my toys to this day) and two to keep in the package (to have one back-up in case one is damaged or defective). Obssessive? Yes, absolutely. I'm a collector after all. I did spend a lot of time in comic shops as a teen as well as my first year or two in college (yeah, I'm a huge geek, can you tell?). After that, my collecting has been on and off. Only certain things catch my attention these days, but I've been waiting for SG toys since the first seasaon of SG1. It's been such a long wait, I figure I can wait a few months more. At this point, we know for sure they're coming, so I'm just happy someone finally picked up the license.

I think after the first wave comes out (as long as it comes out in summer/fall), we'll see wave 2 in winter '06/'07 and wave 3 by summer 2007. It should be a 4-5 month wait between waves once the line gets going. This first wave is going to take the longest just because everyone involved from MGM to the actors to DST has to get into sync working with each other. After everyone knows how to deal with each other and the line, things should start moving at a quicker pace.

Comment

Originally posted by knightone
                          After that, my collecting has been on and off. Only certain things catch my attention these days, but I've been waiting for SG toys since the first seasaon of SG1. It's been such a long wait, I figure I can wait a few months more. At this point, we know for sure they're coming, so I'm just happy someone finally picked up the license.
                          As am I. I remember hearing a year or so ago on Gateworld, someone was planning on releasing Atlantis figures. Guess this is what they were referring too.

Originally posted by knightone
                          I think after the first wave comes out (as long as it comes out in summer/fall), we'll see wave 2 in winter '06/'07 and wave 3 by summer 2007. It should be a 4-5 month wait between waves once the line gets going. This first wave is going to take the longest just because everyone involved from MGM to the actors to DST has to get into sync working with each other. After everyone knows how to deal with each other and the line, things should start moving at a quicker pace.
                          I didn't know that first waves take the longest. That's very good news, I hope there really is roughly a 4-5 month wait between later waves.

Comment

There is a significant difference between collecting and buying...

Comment

If youve been waitin for that long, I know what you mean about it doesnt matter about a couple of months, but hey I aint been waitin for that long and at least they are comin out

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                                Too bad they don't make some of the talk. Imagine a Zelenka figure.
                                Oh that would be absolutely hilarious! I can think of so many good sound bites!

Comment

Working...
                                X