stargate atlantis novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
    Yes, I've read both those books now, Artie! Loved the ice diving in The Lost, and nearly keeled over for what happens to him in Allegiance!!

I'm now halfway through The Furies, and it's brilliant - just like watching a really well written episode!

Cate
    Spoiler:
    The first time I read Allegiance, when that jumper hit Lorne's I was just biting my nails going "Oh no! Oh Lorne! You knew you couldn't stop him, right? But you just had to try anyway!" It was so true to his character. He would do what he had to do even knowing that it probably wasn't going to work.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Absolutely, and I think that's why he became such a popular character. He shared so many of Shep's traits, like the ones you mentioned under your spoiler, and just did whatever it took to save the people he cared about.

And knowing he had a family back home, including the two nephews that he mentions so fondly in Spoils Of War, made him all the more heroic - even if he never sought any plaudits for it.

Hm, can you tell I just love the guy?!?

Cate
      sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Absolutely, and I think that's why he became such a popular character. He shared so many of Shep's traits, like the ones you mentioned under your spoiler, and just did whatever it took to save the people he cared about.

And knowing he had a family back home, including the two nephews that he mentions so fondly in Spoils Of War, made him all the more heroic - even if he never sought any plaudits for it.

Hm, can you tell I just love the guy?!?

Cate
        I think in the future, in "season seven", Lorne should get SG-1 when Cam moves up.
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Well, he made a great future General in The Last Man, and he led SG1 in the alternate universe we saw in The Road Not Taken. So not to be biased or anything, but yes, I think you're right!!

Cate
          sigpic

Comment

Well, just finished The Furies, and I can safely say I'm completely hooked on this series now. And I'm treating myself to a proper Kindle!

I've been umm-ing and aaaah-ing about getting one for a while especially with the length of my journey into work. But getting these novels has given me the final push - hopefully I'll get one this weekend!

Cate
            sigpic

Comment

Well, just finished The Furies, and I can safely say I'm completely hooked on this series now. And I'm treating myself to a proper Kindle!

I've been umm-ing and aaaah-ing about getting one for a while especially with the length of my journey into work. But getting these novels has given me the final push - hopefully I'll get one this weekend!

Cate
              I love my Kindle. And it's really nice that a lot of books are much cheaper for Kindle than in paperback. I can afford to buy more!
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Well, I have you to thank for this too, Artie - if you hadn't given me all that help on how to get these books onto my laptop, I would have just kept putting it off.

I don't want the Fire model, though, since my iPod does that job for me already. So I'll just get one of the more basic models, and take it from there.

Cate
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I have you to thank for this too, Artie - if you hadn't given me all that help on how to get these books onto my laptop, I would have just kept putting it off.

I don't want the Fire model, though, since my iPod does that job for me already. So I'll just get one of the more basic models, and take it from there.

Cate
                  You're welcome! Just call me the book enabler!
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Well, I've asked several of my 'Kindled' workmates, and they've all said the same thing - they absolutely love their Kindles!

It's been interesting to see the different models too, ranging from the most up to date ones to the older models, with the external keyboard. I must admit, this is the model I'm leaning more towards, since the keyboard looks to be more finger-friendly for typing than the model with the touchscreen version.

Now all I need to do is find one - I feel a visit to a certain auction site coming on!

Cate
                    sigpic

Comment

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/227417.html

The cover for the last Legacy book!
                      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post

Oops... posted the same link just seconds ago in the legacy-thread

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
                          Oops... posted the same link just seconds ago in the legacy-thread
                          It can be everywhere!
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post

Oh, wow - that's gorgeous!! And only a few more weeks to wait!

Woot!!

Cate
                            sigpic

Comment

Yey will be out just after the half term holidays so I should get time without the kids to read it.

Comment

I must admit I have mixed feelings over this book - I can't wait to see how this series ends, but it's such a shame it's the final one! I really hope that more follow, they're really addictive!

Cate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X