stargate atlantis novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David N Wilson View Post
    I know...it was up for pre-order last year, because it was due out last December. Then it went to MGM for approval and stayed there....forever....I'm just glad it's finally out there.
    Received "Brimstone" the other day....LOVING IT!
    I'm on chapter 19.....let you how I like the rest of your book later, I just didn't want to wait any more to squee to you about the story!

sig by Varda

Comment

Oh..just read your post.

I will say that the very beginning - the first chapter - made me smile to write...classic Rodney.
      LOVE that first chapter!! Had me smiling and thinking...poor Rodney!! LOL!

Just trying to think of the perfect plot. If some of you read Brimstone though, and have any questions, I'll be paying attention.
      David (and Trish of course)
      So far no questions from me...your story is clear and smartly written! Well done!
      I'm reading it very slowly...usually a chapter at a time. Gotta do some work related stuff and it's eating a huge chuck of my time, but in between....I read a chapter!

sig by Varda

Comment

Yeah, I did it - cancelled my amazon order and switched to fandemonium!

The message: For International orders, please allow 5-10 days for delivery.

OK ... now I'm waiting again ...
        sigpic

Comment

I did, too. The postage was much cheaper than I'd have thought, and the books actually made it to Sweden in 5 working days! Looks like I'll be getting my books directly from Fandemonium in the future!

Comment

Oh, and on the best-selling thing - it's the NEWEST one...that's always the one that does best, at least for a while. It should probably be selling more than it is, but people are just starting to find it.
            "Brimstone"...O..M..G!! Absolutely LOVED the book!

Well written, characters are the ones we know and love, and story kept me glued to the book! Got me trouble at work... stayed passed my lunch time because I was reading it and didn't want to stop!

I really hope you are writing or going to write another SGA story!

sig by Varda

Comment

Just got Death Game and Dead End the other day. Death Game is an awesome story so far! It's set a few months after Ronon joins Sheppard's team. I'm only about 1/3 through so far.
              Next series of books will be the LEGACY series. There will be 5 books in all and they all take place after season 5 ends. There is: Homecoming, The Lost, Alliegiance, The Avengers, Secret and The Inheritors. The summary on the first couple of books look really good. Looking forward to them.

Death Game is my first SGA book, so I'll have to start getting the rest.

Comment

We are THRILLED by your reaction. So happy to know we nailed the characters because, like I said, we love them too, you know? Rodney is still my favorite.

Comment

In a previous post I mentioned I only had one Atlantis novel.
                  That novel is 'Nightfall' by James Swallow.

I've enjoyed what I've read so far.

ttyl
                  Starfist
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

We are THRILLED by your reaction. So happy to know we nailed the characters because, like I said, we love them too, you know? Rodney is still my favorite.
                    Rodney is my favorite as well.
                    Are you planing on writing any more SGA stories? Sure hope you are!

sig by Varda

Comment

My books arrived at last!
                      I'm halfway through "Brimstone" and so far I like the story.
                      The non-team-figure makes me smile - well done! And the familiar characters are to the point, fascinating and funny.
                      I'm looking forward to the following chapters.
                      sigpic

Comment

We'd love to write more novels. I loved Atlantis, and am also taken with Universe, so I'd be happy writing either one. We'll see. I'm actually talking to the folks at Fandy tomorrow about a semi-related thing that I'll tell you all about as soon as I know if it will happen.

Meantime, very happy people are enjoying Brimstone. This is the sort of project you work on and you feel the characters in your head the way you saw them on the screen, but you never really know if your version of something and the version other people see are close...like...did you "get" it?

And also love that someone enjoyed Ensign Cumby. There is a story behind him...but I'm not going to get into it until I'm sure most folks who want to read the book have had their chance....

David

Comment

yup, thoroughly enjoyed 'brimstone' though i do have one quick question :
                          Spoiler:
                          where did McKay get a working personal shield from? the one he had in 'hide and seek' was used up by the shadow monster thingie wasn't it? if not i would've thought the team would've used it all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
                            yup, thoroughly enjoyed 'brimstone' though i do have one quick question :
                            Spoiler:
                            where did McKay get a working personal shield from? the one he had in 'hide and seek' was used up by the shadow monster thingie wasn't it? if not i would've thought the team would've used it all the time!
                            Well I asked :
                            Spoiler:
                            There was never any evidence it was used up. I was told that it wasn't used because it was too unpredictable and nearly killed Rodney (even though it was his fault) ... so it was still available. One of the things I enjoyed most was bringing it back

Comment

And also love that someone enjoyed Ensign Cumby. There is a story behind him...but I'm not going to get into it until I'm sure most folks who want to read the book have had their chance....

David
                              I'm the someone
                              Finished "Brimstone" and I think it's good. Maybe a little too Rodney centered but you mentioned that he is your favorite character.
                              Can I note something?

Spoiler:
                              On p. 195 Sheppard and Mara "ran straight to the cell where Ronon, Teyla and Cumby were still locked up."
                              They thought Teyla dead and she is no more in this cell, she's crushed!
                              Sorry, but this kinda annoyed me ...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Libero View Post
                                I'm the someone
                                Finished "Brimstone" and I think it's good. Maybe a little too Rodney centered but you mentioned that he is your favorite character.
                                Can I note something?

Spoiler:
                                On p. 195 Sheppard and Mara "ran straight to the cell where Ronon, Teyla and Cumby were still locked up."
                                They thought Teyla dead and she is no more in this cell, she's crushed!
                                Sorry, but this kinda annoyed me ...
                                Absolutely...and sorry about that...not an excuse, but ...
                                Spoiler:
                                When we first wrote this, it was another character who fought and was crushed. MGM felt it would have more impact if it was one of the main team, so we rewrote it to make it Teyla...unfortunately there seems to be this one place where neither the editors, Trish, nor I caught one instance of the old story leaking through...very sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X