stargate atlantis novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, folks!

I just wondered if any of these novels that I'm gradually re-collecting feature Lorne to any great extent? I lost the originals in a house move, and it's too long ago now to remember which ones I had, and which I didn't!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cate
    sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
      Hey, folks!

I just wondered if any of these novels that I'm gradually re-collecting feature Lorne to any great extent? I lost the originals in a house move, and it's too long ago now to remember which ones I had, and which I didn't!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cate
      There's quite a bit of Lorne in Allegiance.
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Thanks, Artie!

I've only been able to find the e-reader versions so far, and I don't have an e-reader, so I'll have to order the paperback.

Cate
        sigpic

Comment

Ooooh, I've just read a few pages back, and saw you can download some software from amazon to use on your PC. Now, I'm not technically minded, so this is a question for anyone who's used this download - is it fairly easy? Does it need much memory? And can I download the SGA novels, including the new ones for the Legacy series?

All help and advice gratefully appreciated!

Cate
          sigpic

Comment

And can I download the SGA novels, including the new ones for the Legacy series?
            I have an Amazon account and have purchased ebooks there. Even if you do not have a Kindle, Amazon stores your ebooks in your own Kindle library folder on their website, where you can read the books on your browser. After you buy the ebook, you would go to "My Account," then select "Manage Your Kindle." The list of your ebooks will appear. For each book, there is an "Actions" button you can click and select "Read Now." A new tab will open in your browser for Amazon's Cloud Reader and the book text will be there.

Another ebook option is Crossroad Press, which sells the files as .pdf and uses Adobe software to read them on your desktop, instead of in your browser:
            http://store.crossroadpress.com/inde...dex&cPath=7_47

Comment

Thanks so much for the help, WraithTech! I guess this applies to the UK Amazon site too?

By the way, I love your banner, it's gorgeous!

Cate
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much for the help, WraithTech! I guess this applies to the UK Amazon site too?
                Good question about if the US, Canadian, and UK Amazon sites all work the same. Maybe you could try downloading a free ebook, if they will let you download the classics for free, to give it a try. I found some links by Googling "free Amazon ebooks." I live in the US and can download them and also found links from Googling "free Amazon.uk ebooks."

By the way, I love your banner, it's gorgeous!
                Thanks!

Comment

I'll give that a try, WraithTech, and let you know if it works. Thanks again for the help!

Cate
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm all up and running, and I have my first Kindles!

Woot!

Cate
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm all up and running, and I have my first Kindles!

Comment

As a complete technophobe, I'm rather proud of myself. I think this calls for a nice mug of hot chocolate to celebrate!

Cate
                        sigpic

Comment

As a complete technophobe, I'm rather proud of myself. I think this calls for a nice mug of hot chocolate to celebrate!

Cate
                          Yay! Which ones did you get?
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Hey, Artie!!

Well, you kindly gave me the heads up on Lorne's involvement in Allegiance, and I've been intrigued by this folow on from series five Legacy series - so I've got the whole lot, and am just about to start Homecoming.

I'll let you know what I think of it once I've finished it, but from the reviews here and on Amazon, I'm in for quite a ride!

Cate
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey, Artie!!

Well, you kindly gave me the heads up on Lorne's involvement in Allegiance, and I've been intrigued by this folow on from series five Legacy series - so I've got the whole lot, and am just about to start Homecoming.

I'll let you know what I think of it once I've finished it, but from the reviews here and on Amazon, I'm in for quite a ride!

Cate
                              Lorne gets a spectacularly heroic moment in Allegiance. There's quite a bit of him in The Lost too. Ice diving!
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Yes, I've read both those books now, Artie! Loved the ice diving in The Lost, and nearly keeled over for what happens to him in Allegiance!!

I'm now halfway through The Furies, and it's brilliant - just like watching a really well written episode!

Cate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X