Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Art for the upcoming release of Stargate SG1 in the UK can be seen on Play.com (Amazon have not put it up yet)

SG1 Season 10: Vol 1
    SG1 Season 10: Vol 2
    Stargate Atlantis Season 3: Volume 1

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      holy ****!!! that new cover looks terrible.

Photoshop sux!!
      I agree the new artwork does suck, it really needs to be changed.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        What the frak are they thinking!?!?!?!

Changing this artwork to this!

The first one was gorgeous! The final one has some very strange facial expressions and no Carson! >

OMG! That is horrible. What's sad, I can imagine myself in the store, seeing that cover, and well, I wouldn't even be inspired to pick up the box set. It would definately be passed over and quickly.

And why oh why is Teyla the only one NOT in gear? Hell, even Weir is decked out in a tac vest.....strange and dumb.
        sigpic

Comment

The first one was gorgeous! The final one has some very strange facial expressions and no Carson! >
          ???

So now Ronon has this unflattering expression, half of Rodney's face has this weird halo, Teyla looks out of place, Shep's face looks like a comic book, and Weir's...holding a gun (). Oh, and Carson's gone. Man, that's a bad cover. What is up with the Stargate promo department? Maybe it's too be expected after the obviously photoshopped SGA s2 promo shots and the laughably over-airbrushed SG1 s10 promo shots, but still. Lame.

Comment

The new cover is too funny. But it's terrible. Ronan looks ridiculous!!!
            I like the first cover so much better. But in the end, it's the dvd's I want.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
              The new cover is too funny. But it's terrible. Ronan looks ridiculous!!!
              I like the first cover so much better. But in the end, it's the dvd's I want.
              *sigh* I keep wishing it was a hoax.

Comment

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7706

Disc break-down of the extras. What's missing is the trailer or featurette for Ark of Truth. I was almost certain we'd be getting some goodies for it on this. Maybe it will still be added. Also missing is commentary for The Real World. I guess the episode sucks too much to even discuss, hah. A pity that none of the cast seem to be in the commentaries, but other than that they seem decent.
                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Also, THEY FRAKKED UP THE EPISODE ORDER. AGAIN!!
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Where? And does it matter?
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                      Where? And does it matter?
                      They have 'Sunday' as episode 14 when it should be 17. And yes - it matters.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Wow, you're right. That's a pretty massive screw-up, which will create a glaring continuity goof. They must be listing them in production order, IIRC that is how it went and confused some people for a while.

I just pre-ordered the season from Amazon. Haven't pre-ordered a DVD in a while, especially a Stargate one. I hope it doesn't take forever to arrive. Right now they say September 24th.
                        Last edited by Beckmen; 26 July 2007, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                          Follow the link to see info on Season 3 DVD release.
                          http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7448
                          I am not happy that none of the cast are included in the commentaries. I think some of the best commentaries come from the cast members not the writers. Case in point, The Princess Diaries had a commentary with Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews that was really good. Atlantis cast would really be a great commentary especially Joe Flannigan.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the UK S3 boxset looks like, it's just a shame we've got to wait until next year after they release them all individually to get them. That second cover does look quite bad though.

There aren't usually that many main cast commentaries on Stargate DVD's though are there? I'd imagine that they were busy filming S4 while they were doing the other S3 commentaries. It's all about who is available when.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it seems logical that when they recorded the S3 commentaries, S4 was in full-swing production. The cast was too busy. But Seasons 1 and 2 had a good amount of cast commentaries. Just a pity.

Comment

From About.com (DVD release article)

Spoiler:

"Since there's no need to time it with a forthcoming new season, the
                                tenth and final season of of Stargate SG-1 is already out and is
                                loaded with features. But for Season 3 of Stargate Atlantis you'll
                                have to wait until Sept. 18. Watch Carson Beckett die all over again!"

http://scifi.about.com/b/a/000040.htm

sigpic
                                www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Working...
                                X