Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they paired her with Shep and the Wraith because she is not as popular and would not sell as well paired with another character later on. That is the only reasoning I can see.
    Last edited by jmw326; 04 December 2006, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Well... for that logic to apply one has to assume that the person doing the buying would want her to go alongside the Wraith and Sheppard, right?

But if they are a collector of that degree then I can't see why they wouldn't buy her paired with any one of the characters...

Also, if there not interested in the full set of figures then I can't actually see why they would care to buy in this wave either.

Nice theory though, it has some gravitas...

- Marcus

Comment

I don't know. To me it makes sense that Weir is in this wave. She is far more active in the episode-to-episode events than either Hammond or Landry have ever been, or even O'Neill when he was base commander. She's more of a part of each episode as well as being more of a part in more missions than the SG1 commanders. So, to me, it makes sense that she would be part of the early releases for Atlantis even though Landry and Hammond were not part of the early SG1 releases.

It also makes sense that she is paired with Shepherd. They seem to be on more of a special wavelength as far as their working relationship than any of the other characters both on Atlantis and on SG1. They are very supportive of each other and seem to back each other up in a way no other character does for another in either series.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117 View Post
          Well... for that logic to apply one has to assume that the person doing the buying would want her to go alongside the Wraith and Sheppard, right?

But if they are a collector of that degree then I can't see why they wouldn't buy her paired with any one of the characters...

Also, if there not interested in the full set of figures then I can't actually see why they would care to buy in this wave either.

Nice theory though, it has some gravitas...

- Marcus

Actualy no, since these are being mostly sold at online specialty shops and you get better deals on buying the set then buying them individualy that logic would apply because most of the collectors I know on these and other boards would rather buy the set with only one figure they don't really care for then buy a set with only one figure they may want (in that case they would buy indivudualy). Since Shepard and the Wraith are pretty much going to be big sellers it only makes since to pair the less populare Weir with them so that the stores don't have hundreds of Weirs sitting on thier shelves.

Comment

Good point. I appologise for not thinking up that side of things before.

- Marcus.

Comment

No biggie, we are all here to help each other out with this crazy addiction to action figures we seem to share.

Comment

i wonder if they would be making some wraith queen figures that i would love to get

Comment

This line seems to be doing really well so I would say that after they get all of the core figures out for both shows we will be seeing alot of the other figures that we all want.

Comment

Well said. She's more dynamic & really does take part.

I must agree that she is an odd choice-- since we're used to the way DST is releasing SG-1, with order of character importance (or the way it seems presented) & Weir not being portrayed as much as say McKay & Shep.

None the less, I'm still happy she's getting a figure release, since I was afraid she wouldn't get the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by wriathlord View Post
                      i wonder if they would be making some wraith queen figures that i would love to get

I would be willing to bet a Wraith queen would be the alien in either wave 2 or 3 of Atlantis.

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                      I must agree that she is an odd choice-- since we're used to the way DST is releasing SG-1, with order of character importance (or the way it seems presented) & Weir not being portrayed as much as say McKay & Shep.
                      I'd say she is an important part of the team. And another thing to consider is that she is the leader of the expedition and Shepherd is the leader of the main Atlantis teams. So this wave could be considered the "leader" wave. I think the main reason the first wave of SG1 was structured the way it was is because O'Neill and Jackson are the two original characters of the franchise taken from the movie as regulars for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by knightone View Post
                        I would be willing to bet a Wraith queen would be the alien in either wave 2 or 3 of Atlantis.

I'd say she is an important part of the team. And another thing to consider is that she is the leader of the expedition and Shepherd is the leader of the main Atlantis teams. So this wave could be considered the "leader" wave. I think the main reason the first wave of SG1 was structured the way it was is because O'Neill and Jackson are the two original characters of the franchise taken from the movie as regulars for the series.
                        I never said she wasn't an important part of the team-- don't get me wrong... but it does seem like Rodney & Shep are the main focus of the show. That's all I meant.

But I do get what you mean.. & it does seem important to release the leaders first.

Comment

This isn't about Atlantis, but does anyone know if there will be any random SGC guards? Also, does anyone know if they will make ship models?
                          - this'll teach you to take my job!

Comment

Originally posted by m-16 a2 View Post
                            This isn't about Atlantis, but does anyone know if there will be any random SGC guards? Also, does anyone know if they will make ship models?
                            DST currently doesn't have ships included in their license. They can renegotiate at any time they feel it is necessary, of course, so that may change in the future. But as of now, no ships are coming in the forseeable future from DST.

As for random SGC guards, you can try asking the question in the "Ask DST" thread tacked at the top of this section.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. O'Neill View Post
                              yay!!!!!! atlantis figures are coming!!!! im too surprise that weir is in series 1. i was expecting mckay like in my figure line up but that cool and dst is continuing the BAG format. can't wait for tay fair 07 for the prototypes.
                              I share your view and am so glad to see ATLANTIS Action figures being released. My friend is a BIG!!!! Col Sheppard fan so I know what she will want!!! I like Dr Weir but was hoping that Teyla or Rodney would have been in the 1st series But I guess they will be series 2!!!!!! I am unsure whether they would add LT Ford or Dr Beckett since they are no longer part of the main cast but I wish if they do more than 2 series we could see those characters
                              get action figures also????

Thanks for the news!

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                                I never said she wasn't an important part of the team-- don't get me wrong... but it does seem like Rodney & Shep are the main focus of the show. That's all I meant.

But I do get what you mean.. & it does seem important to release the leaders first.
                                I agree with you. I thought for sure wave one would be Shep, McKay, and Wraith. McKay should be in wave 2 though so no worries.

Comment

Working...
                                X