Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one am disappointed that DST is now going to do two waves of Atlantis figures. We will now have to wait over an year to get into the secondary figures from Sg-1 that have really made the series. Don't get me wrong I like SGA but it does not have the depth of SG-1. So now we wait for a Kull warrior, Bratac, Apophis, Baal, Unas, Sokar, Jacob Carter for the sake of WEIR. Gods help us.

What alien character could they use for SGA series 2? A wraith warrior, Michael, Genni (please no)

Comment

Originally posted by Montu View Post
      I for one am disappointed that DST is now going to do two waves of Atlantis figures. We will now have to wait over an year to get into the secondary figures from Sg-1 that have really made the series. Don't get me wrong I like SGA but it does not have the depth of SG-1. So now we wait for a Kull warrior, Bratac, Apophis, Baal, Unas, Sokar, Jacob Carter for the sake of WEIR. Gods help us.

What alien character could they use for SGA series 2? A wraith warrior, Michael, Genni (please no)
      Well, they already have 3 waves planned for SG-1, I guess they just wanted to be fair with the Atlantis figures.

Hopefully SG-1 series 4 & Atlantis series 2 will go into production at the same time. It's always a possibility!

(That's what I'm hoping for anyways-- I want Apophis & Jonas Quinn in figure form! )

Comment

Aren't the Buffy and Angel lines produced seperately from each other? They're listed seperately on DST's site so if they're seperate then hopefully SG1 and SGA will also have seperate production lines. Which would be nice...if we're starting to average one SG1 wave a year then maybe we could at least get one wave of each a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedigreedo View Post
          Aren't the Buffy and Angel lines produced seperately from each other?
          Not really. The waves are still structured the same. So either you get an entire Angel wave instead of a Buffy wave or you get a wave with Angel and Buffy mixed together. I imagine we'll see three waves of SGA figures, with wave 2 and 3 featuring McCay, Teyla, Ford, and Ronin. After that, we'll see either staggered or mixed waves featuring secondary and guest characters from both series and, I'm sure, other variants of the main characters as well.

The key is to be patient. We'll see just about everyone we want to see made, it will just take time. We can't realistically expect to see more than one wave of figures every 3-4 months. They will mix things up once all the main characters from both series have been given the spotlight, but they can only produce so many figures at one time and so many waves every year. Chances are they will get to the characters you want, just give them time. It will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by knightone View Post
            Not really. The waves are still structured the same. So either you get an entire Angel wave instead of a Buffy wave or you get a wave with Angel and Buffy mixed together. I imagine we'll see three waves of SGA figures, with wave 2 and 3 featuring McCay, Teyla, Ford, and Ronin. After that, we'll see either staggered or mixed waves featuring secondary and guest characters from both series and, I'm sure, other variants of the main characters as well.

The key is to be patient. We'll see just about everyone we want to see made, it will just take time. We can't realistically expect to see more than one wave of figures every 3-4 months. They will mix things up once all the main characters from both series have been given the spotlight, but they can only produce so many figures at one time and so many waves every year. Chances are they will get to the characters you want, just give them time. It will happen.
            That is very sound advise. Look how long it took to get any Stargate figures in the first place! Maybe there is some hope with the 2 pack figures. The Daniel and Anubis look like an experiement that we as collectors should make sure is profitalbe for DST. Imagine a Apophis/Teal'c Serpent Armor 2 pack or a Unas and Teal'c or a O'Neil and Baal oh the list could go on and on.
            BTW has anyone heard anything about ship date of the Daniel/Anubis set?

Comment

Originally posted by Montu View Post
              BTW has anyone heard anything about ship date of the Daniel/Anubis set?
              It's supposed to be released on or around the time wave 3 is released, so that means spring or summer of next year.

Comment

I'm excited by the announcement of the action figures.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/1...s_in_the.shtml

Wier, Sheppard, and a male Wraith as the first round was a good choice. I'm hoping Teyla, McKay, Ronon will be in the next round.

Of course now we all have to go buy them when they come out so that they will continue to make more.

Comment

I assume that everyone has seen the Q & A part 5 that GW posted with DST. In it DST encourged us to make our desire known to Toys R Us, KB Toys etc... our desire to stock SG-1 figures. If DST can get the kind of distribution that includes even one of the big companies then we all can be assured that the character list will be filled out to our delight. (Apophis, Carter, Quinn etc...) So think of what the Lord of the Ring fans did with their petetion of 50,000 to save the movie of Hobbit. What could we as fans do to start a petetion to give to TRU or KB to demonstrate to them that there is great interest in SG-1?

Comment

I would recomend that we all pick on of the big ones and start with them. I think Toys R Us would be the best bet since they do alot of specialty stuff anyway and since more and more KB's seem to be shutting down across the U.S.

Comment

It might also be best to write directly to their corporate offices. It's the corporate buyers that make the decision as to what to carry or not and most stores have no real control over what they receive anyway these days. It's all done through who ever controls the distribution for their companies. The individual stores have no real say in anything anymore.

Comment

would any one know if the figures would be sold in ireland or england?

Comment

Forbidden Planet should have them in the UK. International distribution is handled differently from US distribution, so they may show up in other places as well. K-Mart stores in Australia got the Star Trek figures from DST recently, so it's worth checking out TRUs and other large chains if you are outside of the US.

Comment

i hope so i would love to get my hands on these

Comment

If I got a whole collection of Atlantis figures, I could do what Lord Helmet did in Spaceballs.

Comment

Is it me, or was Weir a really odd choice for this wave?

Male Wraith = good and popular, John Sheppard = good and popular, Elizabeth Weir = average and unpopular.

Rodney would've been a much better choice...

In my opinion.

- Marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X