Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only good thing about it is we can get the money from the Christmas bonus... Hard part is having those 50 bucks in your account and not touching them until January !

Comment

A lot of us got this email:

"This past week we've received a number of emails asking when the second
      season of Atlantis will be released. Fans have been speculating that it'll be
      out in November, since season 1 released last November, but that's not the case.
      We asked around and were told MGM/Sony is looking at sometime in January,
      though a specific date hasn't been locked in yet. We'll report back with any
      new information we can dig up."

URL: _http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6459_
      (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6459)

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        A lot of us got this email:

"This past week we've received a number of emails asking when the second
        season of Atlantis will be released. Fans have been speculating that it'll be
        out in November, since season 1 released last November, but that's not the case.
        We asked around and were told MGM/Sony is looking at sometime in January,
        though a specific date hasn't been locked in yet. We'll report back with any
        new information we can dig up."

URL: _http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6459_
        (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6459)
        If I were a MGM/Sony sales exec, I would push for a November release in order to get my share of the Christmas market. There's a lot of us who are ready to buy Season 2 right now or beg for it to our family to give it to us as a present... Do they think the only Christmas present that counts is "Tickle-me-Elmo" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC
          If I were a MGM/Sony sales exec, I would push for a November release in order to get my share of the Christmas market. There's a lot of us who are ready to buy Season 2 right now or beg for it to our family to give it to us as a present... Do they think the only Christmas present that counts is "Tickle-me-Elmo" ?
          Hmm, you oughta write into MGM and suggest you'd like to give it a family member as an Xmas present!

Comment

Doesn't seem like the right thing to do to loyal fans. If I were in charge of the sesoa sets I would have released season 2 boxset the same week as the start of season 3. I think they would sell more then.
            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
            Individuality is freedom lived.
            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Wow. That’s just incredibly depressing. I don’t get the Sci-Fi Channel, so I depend on the DVD releases. I have several books and magazines that I haven’t read yet because I don’t want to spoil anything. And the waiting continues…

Comment

Originally posted by Cinc1
                Wow. That’s just incredibly depressing. I don’t get the Sci-Fi Channel, so I depend on the DVD releases. I have several books and magazines that I haven’t read yet because I don’t want to spoil anything. And the waiting continues…
                Oh man, I feel for you. There really isn't a good reason why they are waiting so long to release Season 2. None that I can find at least.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                  Oh man, I feel for you. There really isn't a good reason why they are waiting so long to release Season 2. None that I can find at least.
                  Thanks for the sympathy – I appreciate it.
                  GateWorld Forum: my Stargate addiction support group!

Comment

I do get the Scifi chanel but was anxious to re-watch SGA S2 (I love the Siege Part 3). I have a long wait ahead of me I guess.

Comment

It is on in syndication now. I just watched "The Intruder" yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity
                        It is on in syndication now. I just watched "The Intruder" yesterday.
                        when and where and what time and what channel, etc?
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Didn't they put the dealy down to Sony taking over the distribution.
                          Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                          O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

As I said on the 'when will the Atlantis season 3 DVD set be released' thread:
                            Originally posted by Casanova
                            Australian R4 Release Date for SGA S2 DVD Boxset

29th November 2006
                            LMAO . As was with SG-1 S9 I will be getting SGA S2 months before my US friends.
                            And it comes with a free flashlight pen!
                            Sometimes the truth........
                            Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
                            Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
                            - General George S. Patton

Comment

Well that's good for region 4, but I wonder why they're getting it in November and region 1 is lagging behind. Must be sucky distribution here in region 1 under Sony, yeah I IIRC Sony and/or Fox took it over. I just wish they could all be released on nearly the same day, oh well. Hope Region 4 people enjoy their boxed set.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X