Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my Atlantis Season 1 DVD Set today (region1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Ooh! OOH! Would you be so kind as to tell us which episodes? (and I'd also really appreciate it if you could post who exactly made comments on which episode! )

Thank goodness Rising pt 1 and 2 were included in the set. I was mildly concerned that they were going to cheap out fans because those eps were released early.

I figured that the packaging would be similar to other recently released DVD sets. I prefer the skinny cases too as my bookcase is getting rather stuffed.

*salivates with anticipation*
    i'm actually in bed right now, cause I have to sub tomorrow and be at school at 7, so if no one has done it by then, i'll look at the cases and list the episodes and who commentates.

Comment

Originally posted by shazzboy
      i wonder if our version is an australian only edition or is just another copy of in this case of the UK? we rarely get our own editions, and when we do its lesser quality, like with Farscape. i wonder why ezydvd hasnt listed any of the special features yet? there bloody be atleast some!

i found these special features details for Region 4 release on ebay. i dont know if theyre 100% accurate, but its all i could find in regards to the special features content for the Australian edition. how do they compare to the US? crap probably.
      Um... I don't know. I don't use ezydvd for DVD info. At I tried them once, and didn't find them all that realiable for info like that. I have another site that help if you ask them. If you tried, Here, I guess it might help with with the features. Just go Videoolgy and ask. It might take a day or two, sometimes less for your wuestion to be answered.

Originally posted by shazzboy
      http://cgi.ebay.com.au/STARGATE-ATLA...QQcmdZViewItem

*SPECIAL FEATURES*

Trailer: Stargate SG1

Theatrical Trailer

Main Menu Audio & Animation

Featurette: Stargate Atlantis Set Tour With Martin Wood & Peter DeLuise

Featurette: Preview Of Stargate Atlantis

Gallery-Photo

Web Links

Featurette: Diary Of Rainbow Sun Francks

Featurette: Atlantis Mission Directive: The Storm/The Eye

Audio Commentary: Writer And Cast - Childhood's End

Featurette: Mission Directive: Sanctuaries

Featurette: Wraithal Discrimination: It's Not Easy Being Green

Audio Commentary: Cast And Crew - The Storm, The Eye, The Defiant One

Featurette: Mission Directive: Before I Sleep

Featurette: Mission Directive: The Brotherhood

Featurette-Behind The Scenes: Behind The Stargate: Secrets Revealed Part 1 And Part 2

Audio Commentary: Cast And Crew - Hot Zone, The Gift, The Siege Parts 1 & 2

Featurette: Mission Directive: The Siege

Featurette: A Look Back On Season One With Martin Gero

Featurette: Preview To Season 2
      Ohhhh, sounds soooooooooo good.

Comment

Hmm... more audio commentaries than the R4 and cheaper too. Might have to go for the R1 set. I'll just have to be patient and wait for it to ship out.

Comment

Thanks for the sneak-peak into the SGA box-sert's looks, etc. For shazzboy & all those other Aussies Gateheads, I will be getting my SGA DVD box set + FREE t-shirt *yeah * when it comes out 16/11/2005 (I pre-ordered mine, good thing about owkring in a shopping centre, not to mention EzyDVD is literally one floor above the cafe where I work. *lol*).

Will give a rough synposis/opinion on the box set when I get & watch it, as well as the t-shirt; & will try & upload pix if I can 4 u all. ^__^

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
            A week in advance to review.
            Yay I love my job.

Its definitely a departure from the SG-1 sets. They went for the double-disced slimline DVD holders, and the cardboard slipcase is very thin as well.

It looks fairly good, but they keep making the same artistic mistake as they do in alot of their promotional art: The Atlantis gate is the SG-1 gate, just with blue instead of red. They didn't actually use the Atlantis gate's look (the star field dots, etc) - you know what I mean.

Anyway. The special features aren't very engaging this time around, but who knows for the future. Looks like just a bunch of commentaries, and few featurettes really. I've watched a few. Watching Rising right now.

Anyway, here's a pic of the set and a few shots from the menus:

Menu 1: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8161/cap0015pu.jpg
            Menu 2: http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3763/cap0028jc.jpg
            Picture of set:
            (click to see full size)
            Neat, but since the release of the set isn't until next week I'm going to reserve judgment.
            Last edited by SGVern; 07 November 2005, 10:37 PM.
            "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Originally posted by akren
              Thanks for the sneak-peak into the SGA box-sert's looks, etc. For shazzboy & all those other Aussies Gateheads, I will be getting my SGA DVD box set + FREE t-shirt *yeah * when it comes out 16/11/2005 (I pre-ordered mine, good thing about owkring in a shopping centre, not to mention EzyDVD is literally one floor above the cafe where I work. *lol*).

Will give a rough synposis/opinion on the box set when I get & watch it, as well as the t-shirt; & will try & upload pix if I can 4 u all. ^__^
              Your a such a lucky person Do post the pic. Will be waiting

Comment

Ok, for all you Americans!! hehe...here's the special features list for the Region 1 release next tuesday:

Commentaries: (abbreviated names due to laziness)
                Rising 1 & 2 - martin wood, joe flan
                Hide and seek - rachel lut, tori hig, paul mcgil
                38 mins - rachel lut, paul mcgil
                childhood;s end - writer martin gero, rachel lut, rainbow franck
                the storm/the eye - martin wood, martin gero, david hewlett
                defiant 1 - peter deluise, dan shea
                hot zone - martin gero, rachel lut, rainbow, paul mcgil
                Sanctuary - rachel lut, rainbow, tori higs
                brtohterhood - martin wood, martin gero, david hew
                the gift - peter del, gary jones (yay walter)
                siege 1 - martin wood, martin gero, david hew
                siege 2 - same as above + joe flan

Other:
                Atlantis set tour - i already watched this - it was just alright. nothing fantastic.
                diary of rainbow sun francks
                mission directive: the storm/the eye
                wraithal discrimination: it's not easy being green
                Mission directive: sanctuary
                mission directive: before i sleep
                mission directive: the siege
                a look back at season 1 with martin gero
                various photo galleries

that's pretty much it.

I finished watching Rising last night (they did good and kept it as one whole ep instead of 2. I probably won;t watch all the eps, just a few others and some commentaries, and then watch the special features.
                look for my review hopefully towards the end of this week or early next week up at dvdfanatic.com

Comment

cool. Looks like it want take up the shelf like sg1 does
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                    Ok, for all you Americans!! hehe...here's the special features list for the Region 1 release next tuesday:

Commentaries: (abbreviated names due to laziness)
                    Rising 1 & 2 - martin wood, joe flan
                    Hide and seek - rachel lut, tori hig, paul mcgil
                    38 mins - rachel lut, paul mcgil
                    childhood;s end - writer martin gero, rachel lut, rainbow franck
                    the storm/the eye - martin wood, martin gero, david hewlett
                    defiant 1 - peter deluise, dan shea
                    hot zone - martin gero, rachel lut, rainbow, paul mcgil
                    Sanctuary - rachel lut, rainbow, tori higs
                    brtohterhood - martin wood, martin gero, david hew
                    the gift - peter del, gary jones (yay walter)
                    siege 1 - martin wood, martin gero, david hew
                    siege 2 - same as above + joe flan

Other:
                    Atlantis set tour - i already watched this - it was just alright. nothing fantastic.
                    diary of rainbow sun francks
                    mission directive: the storm/the eye
                    wraithal discrimination: it's not easy being green
                    Mission directive: sanctuary
                    mission directive: before i sleep
                    mission directive: the siege
                    a look back at season 1 with martin gero
                    various photo galleries

that's pretty much it.

I finished watching Rising last night (they did good and kept it as one whole ep instead of 2. I probably won;t watch all the eps, just a few others and some commentaries, and then watch the special features.
                    look for my review hopefully towards the end of this week or early next week up at dvdfanatic.com
                    You are the best!! Thank you so much for sharing all the details!! I've seen the Mission Directives from the R2 sets... freakin' hilarious!
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

it comes out on the 15th in the states. one more week to go!
                      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                      Pay it forward

Comment

(no red please) Anybody else starting to hate Sony. First the cut-version of Threads is on the Season 8 DVD, now 6 missing commentaries on the SGA DVD. Whats next, Stargate gets cancelled for production for Season 10 can begin.
                        sigpic

Comment

Starting to hate Sony?? I'm sure the thousands of people who bought a PS2 just so they could watch a nice screen saying "Disc Read Error" would already be there with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                            Starting to hate Sony?? I'm sure the thousands of people who bought a PS2 just so they could watch a nice screen saying "Disc Read Error" would already be there with you.
                            No not their PS2 department but their DVD department, is what I mean't to say.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                              No not their PS2 department but their DVD department, is what I mean't to say.
                              You were clear, I was just choosing to go a little off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                                You were clear, I was just choosing to go a little off topic.
                                Okay, I understand now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X