No announcement yet.

Supernatural Hangman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta stop guessing letters then stepping away from the phone/computer for an hour or two because others keep swooping in and solving while I'm away!! ;-) Good job, wc!

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
      Sorry I've been keeping you up. I have nothing better to do right now. It's only dinner time.
      But I think I've got it:
      Spoiler:
      Your, uh, half caf double vanilla latte is getting cold over here, Francis."
      Oh, don't worry, it wasn't just you. My cousin from Northern Germany is visiting, and I was making a CD for her with pictures and movie clips of the kids. I had time to kill while the clips were reformatting for export.

Yes, that's the one.

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
      I gotta stop guessing letters then stepping away from the phone/computer for an hour or two because others keep swooping in and solving while I'm away!! ;-) Good job, wc!
      I'm sure you'll crack your own soon. You usually do.

BTW, can somebody please explain to me why Dean is calling Sam 'Francis'? I get 'Samantha', but this?

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post

BTW, can somebody please explain to me why Dean is calling Sam 'Francis'? I get 'Samantha', but this?
        It's in a deleted scene. I actually just watched this the other day. Sam's alias when he was on the phone at the beginning was Det. Francis something-or-other.
        sigpic

Comment

It's in a deleted scene. I actually just watched this the other day. Sam's alias when he was on the phone at the beginning was Det. Francis something-or-other.
          Yes, in the extended scene, Sam is on the phone trying to convince someone he really is an agent and says that Francis IS a guy's name, because the stolen identity he is using is a Frances (with an "E" making it the female version of the name). He then goes back to Dean and says, "Next time pick a gender appropriate alias."

The joke here is that VERY few people in the U.S. use Francis for a boy's name any more because it is considered a very...sissy? Wussy? Girly-girl? Bullies-please-pick-on-me name. A name for a boy who would order something like, say, a half-caf double vanilla latte?

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
            Yes, in the extended scene, Sam is on the phone trying to convince someone he really is an agent and says that Francis IS a guy's name, because the stolen identity he is using is a Frances (with an "E" making it the female version of the name). He then goes back to Dean and says, "Next time pick a gender appropriate alias."

The joke here is that VERY few people in the U.S. use Francis for a boy's name any more because it is considered a very...sissy? Wussy? Girly-girl? Bullies-please-pick-on-me name. A name for a boy who would order something like, say, a half-caf double vanilla latte?
            Ah, thanks for the clarification! Of course, I have the region 2 DVD set that doesn't come with deleted scenes... Something else to look forward to when I get my hands on the real deal once I get to the States!

I can imagine that name causing all kinds of trouble. In Germany it used to be customary to give boys the middle name 'Maria' (as in the poet Rainer Maria Rilke) but that's not done anymore either. As for my son, I went with the international version 'Nicolas' instead of the German 'Nikolaus'. I figure any name ending in 'louse' was just begging for abuse.

Okay, new riddle anybody?

sigpic

Comment

Alrighty, here we go again:

"-/-----/-/------/-----. ---/-/-----/--."
              sigpic

Comment

Yay! I?

sigpic

Comment

E?
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

"I/-----/-/-i----/----e. ---/I/-----/i-."

:I,E
                    :

This one prob won't be that hard. I think we deserve a little bit of a brain break
                    sigpic

Comment

Still with the vowels - A?

sigpic

Comment

"I/-----/a/-i----/----e. A--/I/--a--/i-."

:I,E,A
                        :

[/QUOTE]
                        sigpic

Comment

"I/-----/a/-i----/----e. A--/I/--a--/i-."

:I,E,A
                          :

[/QUOTE]
                          sigpic

Comment

^ sorry for that. My internet connection really sucks right now.
                            sigpic

Comment

N?

sigpic

Comment

"I/---n-/a/-i----/----e. An-/I/--an-/i-."

:I,E,A,N
                                :
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X