The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
    II've brought this up in other threads, but don't THINK I've asked it here. Do you find yourself getting numb to the violence on the show after seeing so much of it?
    I'm probably not the norm, cause I am SO not a fan of gore and horror. Actually, I don't know what possessed me to follow my friend's recommendation and give this a try (although the promise of whump may have had something to do with it), but once I laid my eyes on Dean I was hooked. So I am very grateful every time they just show the 'blood spatters the wall' trick instead of something more graphic. And scenes of people tearing each other apart
    Spoiler:
    and eating the bits
    or heads on a platter still turn my stomach. And I close my eyes whenever there's a revolving blade...

Spn has one of the hottest pair of guys on TV, and they run around swathed in several layers pretty much all the time. Do you think this is necessary so as not to cheapen the characters, or should the fangirls get their occasional drooling moment of shirtlessness (or more) once in a while?

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      Spn has one of the hottest pair of guys on TV, and they run around swathed in several layers pretty much all the time. Do you think this is necessary so as not to cheapen the characters, or should the fangirls get their occasional drooling moment of shirtlessness (or more) once in a while?
      I see it more as practical, done because of the climate they film in. But I wouldn't be sad if they wore more t-shirts! Shirtless? I kinda like that they don't go there very often, because it would seem gratuitous (and for some reason, I actually find a tight t-shirt even sexier than shirtless. ). So far, the shirtless scenes they've done have all made perfect sense and I don't feel like they are JUST trying to grab the fangirls' attention...that's just an added bonus!

Ooh, ooh! And quickly before I ask my question, I actually had an idea for the fanvid/music question that someone asked a while back. 10 minutes ago I was listening to Black Betty by Ram Jam and it popped in my head that it would make a GREAT song for a fanvid about the Impala!

Do you usually 'get' the episode title references when you first see them? (or are you always looking them up to see where they come from?)

Comment

I Ooh, ooh! And quickly before I ask my question, I actually had an idea for the fanvid/music question that someone asked a while back. 10 minutes ago I was listening to Black Betty by Ram Jam and it popped in my head that it would make a GREAT song for a fanvid about the Impala!
        That would be an excellent choice for such a fanvid! I sure hope somebody who knows how to do that kind of stuff lurks in this thread. *hinthint*

Oh, and on the subject if I'm immune to the violence - last night's ep made me shudder again. I just don't like seeing
        Spoiler:
        throats slit and blood gushing out.

Do you usually 'get' the episode title references when you first see them? (or are you always looking them up to see where they come from?)
        Very rarely, and mostly the movie references. As in The Curious Case of Dean Winchester or My Bloody Valentine. As for the classic rock songs, I'm only familiar with the mainstream type stuff, since I grew up in Germany, and my exposure to American music was limited to Casey Kasem (actually had to google the spelling... ) and his Top 40. I've been planning to put together a playlist of Spn ep title songs, but I haven't really found the time yet.

And speaking of playlists, do you have one for Spn? And/or for any other TV shows?

sigpic

Comment

And speaking of playlists, do you have one for Spn? And/or for any other TV shows?
          I don't have a playlist for SPN, but I have developed an appreciation and affection for classic rock that I didn't have before I watched Supernatural. I have downloaded a few of my favorite songs from the show, but not enough to make a playlist. Every time I hear Carry On Wayward Son on the radio, I crank it up and pretend I'm in the Impala.

The end of the season is nearly here. What will you do to get your SPN fix during the break? Any summer shows that help ease the loss of fresh SPN eps?

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
            The end of the season is nearly here. What will you do to get your SPN fix during the break? Any summer shows that help ease the loss of fresh SPN eps?
            I have:

- the magazine (although I just read the new one, so two more months until the next)
            - the novels (although I just read the new one, so THREE months until the next)
            - the DVDs (limit to one ep per day, 103 episodes, hiatus is 4 months, so around 120 days...rats. That won't do)
            -the season 4 companion book (doesn't come out until July).
            -the season 5 DVD extras (that will probably be coming out September like last year).

DARNIT!!! There just isn't enough to fill all that time! I suppose I could also add in Dark Angel, season 4 of Smallville, and then re-read all the books and magazines.

Do you have a favourite fight scene in the series?

Comment

Do you have a favourite fight scene in the series?
              Well, I'm definitely partial to the brother-on-brother fight scenes. And I think my favorite is the one in Sex and Violence where they're both hopped up on
              Spoiler:
              Siren juice.

Since we're on favorite scenes, what's you favorite Bobby moment with either of the boys?

sigpic

Comment

Since we're on favorite scenes, what's you favorite Bobby moment with either of the boys?
                Bobby and Dean in the salvage yard when Bobby yells at Dean for selling his soul. LOVE that scene!

Same question to the next taker!

Comment

I would have to say the same.

Are you going to watch season six? (No brainer there )

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_O'Neill_fan View Post
                    I would have to say the same.

Are you going to watch season six? (No brainer there )
                    ABSOLUTELY, and I can't wait!

Okay, this is a really mean question. If the show had to kill off either Bobby or Castiel, which one would you be willing to let go?

sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is a really mean question. If the show had to kill off either Bobby or Castiel, which one would you be willing to let go?
                      Is it terrible that I can answer this without even a second thought? Castiel. Much as I love him, I am more attached to Bobby because he has been there so much longer and because of his love for Sam and Dean.

Do you prefer clueless Castiel or the powerful, enigmatic angel we saw the first few times? (i.e. Castiel threatening Dean in AYTGIMDW, or Castiel in FTBYAM)

Comment

Do you prefer clueless Castiel or the powerful, enigmatic angel we saw the first few times? (i.e. Castiel threatening Dean in AYTGIMDW, or Castiel in FTBYAM)
                        I like him better when he's in full power. Misha Collins did a great job at making Castiel both threatening and innocent at the same time. I loved that combination. I kinda felt sorry for the Castiel who had to use a cell phone, since you could tell how uncomfortable and I guess demeaning it was for him.

What do you prefer - stand alone episodes, or those that play a major part in the overall story/myth arch?

sigpic

Comment

What do you prefer - stand alone episodes, or those that play a major part in the overall story/myth arch?
                          I think some of the best episodes are the stand-alones....but in general, I prefer those that are mythology-heavy.

Has there ever been a guest spot that you felt was totally miscast?

Comment

Has there ever been a guest spot that you felt was totally miscast?
                            H*ll yeah! Young Dean in Back to School Special annoyed me no end. Jared has been so lucky with the kid who plays young Sam, but Jensen seems to be more difficult to cast. Not one of the boys who played younger versions of Dean were really believable, but this one was downright awful.

Are you looking forward to S6, or do you wish the series had ended with Swan Song?

sigpic

Comment

H*ll yeah! Young Dean in Back to School Special annoyed me no end. Jared has been so lucky with the kid who plays young Sam, but Jensen seems to be more difficult to cast. Not one of the boys who played younger versions of Dean were really believable, but this one was downright awful.

Are you looking forward to S6, or do you wish the series had ended with Swan Song?
                              First of all, must agree with your answer to my question! I wasn't thinking of any guest actors when I asked it, but when I saw your answer, I echoed your "H*ll yeah"!!

And I'll answer YOUR question with the same: H*ll yeah I'm looking forward to S6!! Precisely because I was SO freakin' unhappy with Swan Song and I would have been furious if that had been the end! Now I can put it behind me because I have new episodes to look forward to.

Do you ever sit down and watch SPN in marathons (say 4 episodes or more at a time)?

Comment

First of all, must agree with your answer to my question! I wasn't thinking of any guest actors when I asked it, but when I saw your answer, I echoed your "H*ll yeah"!!
                                Birds of a feather, we are.

Do you ever sit down and watch SPN in marathons (say 4 episodes or more at a time)?
                                I say. I watched both S3 and most of S4 in about 4 days each. Couldn't stop myself. If I ever find the time, I'd like to do the same for S5. I find it easier to follow the overall story arch when I can watch the episodes back-to-back, and S5 was especially arch driven.

Which episode would you say is the most un-Spn one we've seen so far? One that's just totally different to what we're used to, or doesn't fit in with the series overall?
                                Last edited by starg8fans; 10 June 2010, 02:13 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X