The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
    When you watch the first season, can you appreciate the episode for what it was when it originally aired? (as opposed to constantly thinking of all the stuff that came afterwards.)
    Had to think about that one for a bit...

I do look tend to notice little things that came back with a different meaning in the later story, but mostly I just enjoy the earlier eps for what they were - the basic monster-of-the-week episodes. That makes for somewhat 'lighter' viewing, without having to consider all the history that's behind the current eps. Actually, I wouldn't mind if they go back to that formula in S6. Much as I've been enjoying the current myth arch, it is rather distracting trying to fit everything that happens into that scheme.

Would you like to see more 'Weecester' stuff, i.e. flashbacks to the times Sam and Dean were kids together? Or do you feel that this plot device has been used enough?

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      Would you like to see more 'Weecester' stuff, i.e. flashbacks to the times Sam and Dean were kids together? Or do you feel that this plot device has been used enough?
      I'm terrible, I don't like ANY time taken away from Jensen/Jared scenes. Like SERIOUSLY. When watching, I am also recording. I know the episode is approx. 40 minutes long, and every time they cut away from Dean or Sam, I am watching the recording timer like a hawk, counting every minute that passes without them on screen! It's ridiculous, I know, because I DO think the insight Weechester eps give into the boys' psyche is invaluable, and it's not that I don't enjoy the episodes as a whole, but still...Nah, I'm done. Probably doesn't help that I haven't really agreed with the choice of actors they've picked to play WeeDean!

Outside the ominpresent ghosts and demons, do you have a favourite recurring kind of monster whose episodes you most look forward to (werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters, witches, etc.)?

Comment

I'm terrible, I don't like ANY time taken away from Jensen/Jared scenes. Like SERIOUSLY. When watching, I am also recording. I know the episode is approx. 40 minutes long, and every time they cut away from Dean or Sam, I am watching the recording timer like a hawk, counting every minute that passes without them on screen! It's ridiculous, I know, because I DO think the insight Weechester eps give into the boys' psyche is invaluable, and it's not that I don't enjoy the episodes as a whole, but still...Nah, I'm done. Probably doesn't help that I haven't really agreed with the choice of actors they've picked to play WeeDean!
        Two very good points. And I totally agree with you on the choice of actors. Jared really lucked out with Colin as Wee!Sam. At least
        Spoiler:
        old Dean
        delivered.

Outside the ominpresent ghosts and demons, do you have a favourite recurring kind of monster whose episodes you most look forward to (werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters, witches, etc.)?
        Hmmm... As a whumper I thought I'd go for something dangerous, like werewolves, but they have only really deliverd in fanfics until now. I think I'd say witches. Just to hear Dean talking about them 'spewing bodily fluids everywhere'. LMAO. And they have all kinds of cool spells they can whump the boys with. As in Malleus Maleficarum when Dean was coughing up blood.

If you could make a Spn fanvid, what song would you pick?

sigpic

Comment

Two very good points. And I totally agree with you on the choice of actors. Jared really lucked out with Colin as Wee!Sam. At least
          Spoiler:
          old Dean
          delivered.

Hmmm... As a whumper I thought I'd go for something dangerous, like werewolves, but they have only really deliverd in fanfics until now. I think I'd say witches. Just to hear Dean talking about them 'spewing bodily fluids everywhere'. LMAO. And they have all kinds of cool spells they can whump the boys with. As in Malleus Maleficarum when Dean was coughing up blood.

If you could make a Spn fanvid, what song would you pick?
          I would have chosen witches as well! They are just plain evil

OK, I guess I passed my "I'd love to see a Rammstein SPN Vid"-phase, because at the moment it would so be this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KkUeRPjc-Y

"The Cave" by Mumford and Sons.
          Until recently it was "Undisclodes Desires" by Muse but it would be pretty difficult to not make it a Wincest vid.

I like that question! What would you chose?
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
            I like that question! What would you chose?
            Um...gosh, it depends on the mood of the fanvid and who the subject of the fanvid is...

Highway to Hell by AC/DC comes to mind for a Season 3 vid about Dean dying.

Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas (for obvious reasons) for a vid about the boys and all the crap they've been through over the years. Even though it's been done already. I really love this song!

Superman by Five for Fighting is another one I'd use for a vid about Dean.

If I were to make a vid about Dean's Impala I would use something like Wheels of Steel by Saxon. Even though the lyric goes I've got a '68 Chevy... and we know the Impala's a '67 Chevy.

That's all I got...

Sorry, but I gotta answer Iolanda's question.
            So, is there something you have missed yet or would love to see in the show?
            This is gonna sound cliche but I would love to see Dean and Sam swap bodies with each other. I think that would be a riot! Btw,LizzieAnne, I love your answer!

Oh, I gotta ask a question now huh? Okay...um...

Which brother would you trust with your life?
            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 21 April 2010, 03:57 PM.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
              Um...gosh, it depends on the mood of the fanvid and who the subject of the fanvid is...
              Spoiler:

Highway to Hell by AC/DC comes to mind for a Season 3 vid about Dean dying.

Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas (for obvious reasons) for a vid about the boys and all the crap they've been through over the years. Even though it's been done already. I really love this song!

Superman by Five for Fighting is another one I'd use for a vid about Dean.

If I were to make a vid about Dean's Impala I would use something like Wheels of Steel by Saxon. Even though the lyric goes I've got a '68 Chevy... and we know the Impala's a '67 Chevy.

That's all I got...

Sorry, but I gotta answer Iolanda's question.

This is gonna sound cliche but I would love to see Dean and Sam swap bodies with each other. I think that would be a riot! Btw,LizzieAnne, I love your answer!

Oh, I gotta ask a question now huh? Okay...um...

Which brother would you trust with your life?
              Hi there, RiG, glad you found our little game!

Excellent question. Of course, my first impulse was to say 'Dean'. To be rescued/protected/looked after by him.... be still my fangirly heart. And for most of the seasons it would have made sense, Dean always had the stronger 'saving people/hunting things' drive. But recent developments (spoilered for S5)
              Spoiler:
              have changed the brothers' roles to a certain degree. While the Angels are trying to get Dean to say 'yes' to Michael there have been several moments where Dean overrode his usual urge to sacrifice himself for others and kept saying 'no' even though it endangered Sam or Bobby. While Sam has really put himself on the line for others recently. And he's always been the more empathic one, but Dean was also correct in calling him 'self-righteous' and those kind of people tend to value their opinions more than anything...
              I'd say it's a real toss=up. So I'll follow my heart, resp. my gut(ter brain) and say Dean.

If you had no way of recording the next episode, would you cancel a date or evening out to stay at home and watch Spn?

sigpic

Comment

If you had no way of recording the next episode, would you cancel a date or evening out to stay at home and watch Spn?
                Hi RiG! Thanks for joining us!

Not EVEN a question in my mind, stars! Even with 3 ways of making sure I get Supernatural (my own DVD recorder, the Tivo at work, and a subscription on iTunes), I STILL avoid making any plans on Thursday evenings. And I don't answer to phone while it's on....huh, maybe that's why never have dates or evening plans that I need to cancel....

Something I think about while watching the eps with Mary (pushing it again to try and phrase it in a yes/no format): Do you think it's worse for Sam to have lost Mary without ever knowing her than for Dean?

Comment

Something I think about while watching the eps with Mary (pushing it again to try and phrase it in a yes/no format): Do you think it's worse for Sam to have lost Mary without ever knowing her than for Dean?
                  Again, I think there was a shift here over the seasons. In the pilot, Sam tells Dean he never even knew his mother, so he doesn't really get this whole revenge thing. At that point I thought it must have been worse for Dean since he'd known 'normal' and he knew what he lost when Mary died. But this season, when
                  Spoiler:
                  they went back in The Song Remains the Same, that look on Sam's face when he saw Mary for the first time, and then later in Dark Side of the Moon when he watched her make that sandwich for Dean
                  it really broke my heart. So now I guess I'm going with the old adage 'better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all'.

Do you think it's intentional that Sam and Dean appear pretty much invulnerable this season, that they just get up and go on after being thrown around and into things?

sigpic

Comment

^wish I could answer your question but...too tired to think. Long day at work.

Hi RiG! Thanks for joining us!
                    Hi guys, thanx. I love these sorts games.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Do you think it's intentional that Sam and Dean appear pretty much invulnerable this season, that they just get up and go on after being thrown around and into things?
                      I don't really think it's put in there for the story. If you go back through the seasons, they always had a kind of invulnerability to them when they needed them to be fit for the next scene. I just watched Bedtime Stories and Dean had his a$$ kicked by the big bad wolf, with no consequences. There definitely seems to be something going on with the lack of blood the boys are showing this year (though everyone else is getting gored-up nicely), but I'm thinking that's just Jared, Jensen, or the behind the scenes people maybe getting a little tired of having to stop for that kind of detail in the scenes. Easier and quicker to film without having to consistently place the blood in each shot...and a lot less sticky for the boys!

Is there one episode that you would NOT want a newbie to see first, because you wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression of the show? (Wait. To make it harder, let's not count Ghostfacers, because I know a lot of us on this thread don't even consider that a Supernatural episode! )

Comment

IIs there one episode that you would NOT want a newbie to see first, because you wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression of the show? (Wait. To make it harder, let's not count Ghostfacers, because I know a lot of us on this thread don't even consider that a Supernatural episode! )
                        Rats, there goes my easy way out. Actually, I can answer this from my own experience. The kids and I started watching Spn and loved it. My husband isn't big on this type of show, but he has a wicked sense of humor so I let him watch Tall Tales. Which turned him off the program completely. The problem is, he didn't really get the fact that the way the boys behaved were just each other's perception, tainted by the influence of the trickster, and he didn't 'get' their characters at all. To him those two were the biggest prats he ever saw. I don't think he would have become a fan even if I had shown him another episode first, but I had not expected such a strong adverse reaction.

Can't word this for a 'yes or no' answer, but if the boys' spirits were to manifest themselves in animal form (think patronus in HP or demon in The Golden Compass) what would those be?

sigpic

Comment

Can't word this for a 'yes or no' answer, but if the boys' spirits were to manifest themselves in animal form (think patronus in HP or demon in The Golden Compass) what would those be?
                          Sam: It took me a while, but I finally came up with a shark. Because he is quiet and patient. But he is also proactive when it comes to a hunt, and when he gets his prey in sight he goes for the quick kill.

Dean: I immediately thought of a Grizzly or Kodiak bear. Because he bigger than life. And though he seems soft and fuzzy at times, he is brutal in a fight. He can and will take on just about anyone. But he would also have to be a Mama bear because he has the maternal instinct and will rip the head off of any perceived threat to his cub (Sam)!

Same question because I am curious how others see them.

Comment

Is there one episode that you would NOT want a newbie to see first, because you wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression of the show? (Wait. To make it harder, let's not count Ghostfacers, because I know a lot of us on this thread don't even consider that a Supernatural episode! )
                            I just want to answer this as well: "Yellow Fever" is also not the best episode to promote the show with. Didn't work with me because you just don't get the jokes if you don't know how the characters normally are. I'd choose a pretty 08/15 monster of the week episode like "Nightshifter" or "Folsom Prison Blues" where you don't need too much background.

Sam: It took me a while, but I finally came up with a shark. Because he is quiet and patient. But he is also proactive when it comes to a hunt, and when he gets his prey in sight he goes for the quick kill.

Dean: I immediately thought of a Grizzly or Kodiak bear. Because he bigger than life. And though he seems soft and fuzzy at times, he is brutal in a fight. He can and will take on just about anyone. But he would also have to be a Mama bear because he has the maternal instinct and will rip the head off of any perceived threat to his cub (Sam)!

Same question because I am curious how others see them.
                            The characterisation you chose are pretty much how I would describe them as well. I just wouldn't chose the shark for Sam because my association with sharks is too negative. I'd chose a fox instead. He is characterised as cunning and smart in fables, which I think fits to Sam, and he is also a predator which would mirror Sams abilities as a hunter.

Dean then would be dog, who is loyal and kindhearted and looks after his pack. He also tends to get hurt by doing this.

Going back to the question before (I know tgis isn't a yes-no question, but I am just curious):

Which episode would you recommend to advertise the show and why?
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

I think I asked a similar question before, but that means I didn't answer it then. So here goes. Actually, I specified that you couldn't take the Pilot since it's too obvious. And it wouldn't be my first choice anyway. I would pick an episode that gives some insight into the boys' childhood. This was communicated through lots of small references over time, so it would be good to have a 'Weecester' scene to summarize that. This narrows it down to Death in the Water, Something Wicked and A Very Supernatural Christmas. If it's somebody who really likes horror I'd pick the latter. It has the best childhood background, since it shows how Sammy finds out that monsters are real. It's also one of the most gory episodes, and it might scare away people who are not great horror fans, so for those (and that includes myself) I'd suggest Something Wicked. Apart from the scene from when the boys were small, with a bonus glimpse at John, I also think the monster is somebody everyone can relate to - I mean, who has not imagined on a stormy night that twigs scratching on the window were the spindly fingers of a witch or other creepy creature? It's also nice to see the way the boys use research to figure out what they're up against, and we have a bit of humor (with the old crone and the upside-down cross).

Is the Pilot the first episode you ever saw?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                                The characterisation you chose are pretty much how I would describe them as well. I just wouldn't chose the shark for Sam because my association with sharks is too negative. I'd chose a fox instead. He is characterised as cunning and smart in fables, which I think fits to Sam, and he is also a predator which would mirror Sams abilities as a hunter.
                                I actually 1) almost put down fox for Sam myself and 2) hesitated on saying shark. But when I thought about why I DIDN'T want to say shark, I realised it is just my own fear of them that makes me also think negatively of these animals. Scientists always talk about how efficient sharks are when they kill. Viscious, but efficient. And that's how I've been seeing Sam this season. But as I said, I almost put down 'fox' as well, AND my second choice for Dean would have been a dog. Great minds think alike!

Is the Pilot the first episode you ever saw?
                                Can't remember exactly. I MIGHT have seen bits and pieces of other episodes before this (because I was watching Smallville at the time, and Supernatural came on right after). But the first episode I REMEMBER watching was In My Time of Dying. Very confusing.

I've brought this up in other threads, but don't THINK I've asked it here. Do you find yourself getting numb to the violence on the show after seeing so much of it?

Comment

Working...
                                X