The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    Is there a scene you've been dying to see, and that you would write into an episode if you could?
    Dying to see is a little bit harsh, but I'l love to see them drunk. Not the "its the end of the world and we give a damn" kind of drunk, but the happy "everything is quite OK and we have a great time" kind of drunk. Or maybe I just want to see them relieved from the pressure and just relaxed for a while, so no drinking needed (but a pished and slightly giggling Dean or Sammy would make me very happy )

So, is there something you have missed yet or would love to see in the show?
    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post

So, is there something you have missed yet or would love to see in the show?
      I really think it's time for the boys to have to go the coast to save the day, for whatever reason. I want to see them walking on the beach in their shorts. I can see Dean maybe hating the sand in his shoes but loving the beach babes. Dean being surprised that Sam can surf...something he learned when he was away for the couple of years at college, maybe. Anyhow it would be good to see them relaxing and having a bit of fun. Maybe Cas can be thrown in there as well.

Can you imagine the Impala having to be scrapped for some legitimate reason in the show and if so what could that be? Also is there any car out there that could fill it's place?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
        I really think it's time for the boys to have to go the coast to save the day, for whatever reason. I want to see them walking on the beach in their shorts. I can see Dean maybe hating the sand in his shoes but loving the beach babes. Dean being surprised that Sam can surf...something he learned when he was away for the couple of years at college, maybe. Anyhow it would be good to see them relaxing and having a bit of fun. Maybe Cas can be thrown in there as well.

Can you imagine the Impala having to be scrapped for some legitimate reason in the show and if so what could that be? Also is there any car out there that could fill it's place?
        I love the idea to see them on the beach

And for your question: maybe someday somebody discovers, that the car the boys drive with isn't that inconspicuous and they might have to hide hide it at Bobbys for a while. I don't really like the idea of the Impala put down forever.

And as a replacement, hmm, that is difficult. I guess something which would be more comfortable to drive long distances with would be great, maybe a van like the A-Team had.

So I guess there will be some changes towards S6 - is there something you would see as an fatal change for the show even if it wouldn't change the essentials at all?
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

So I guess there will be some changes towards S6 - is there something you would see as an fatal change for the show even if it wouldn't change the essentials at all?
          I doubt they could do anything that would make me stop watching this show - apart from going on without Jensen and Jared - but I know I would enjoy it a lot less if there was any permanent addition to the boys' lives, male or female. I think Sam and Dean work best as a dynamic duo, with the occasional help from characters like Bobby or Cas. But having somebody there all the time would mess up the chemistry.

Are you superstitious? And if so, what is you main superstition?

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Are you superstitious? And if so, what is you main superstition?
            I hoped someone with superstition would be answering this, but I guess some of us have the same problem as I do: I am totally not superstitious. Sometimes Murphys law happens in my life, but that's just the way it is. I don't believe in horoscopes even though I have some of the typical cancer character straits (but then others not so much). I guess I am much to much a scientist by heart.

Since it came up in the "Dead men don't wear plaid"- thread: Do you think that the production should care more about how certain parts of the USA look like in real and try to transfer that into the show more often?
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Yay, I was afraid I had killed the thread with this question...

Since it came up in the "Dead men don't wear plaid"- thread: Do you think that the production should care more about how certain parts of the USA look like in real and try to transfer that into the show more often?
              Since I'm not American I can't really tell what South Dakota or Kansas look like, so I just swallow whatever TPTB put before us. I saw that post, I think, and I believe it was not so much the scenery but the messed up season that annoyed the poster. Of course it was a nice touch to see the Golden Gate Bridge at the opening of Heart, but usually I'm perfectly happy with the generic 'everything looks like Vancouver' aspect. But I'll let the question stand to see if somebody who's from that country feels otherwise.

sigpic

Comment

Yay, I was afraid I had killed the thread with this question...

Since I'm not American I can't really tell what South Dakota or Kansas look like, so I just swallow whatever TPTB put before us. I saw that post, I think, and I believe it was not so much the scenery but the messed up season that annoyed the poster. Of course it was a nice touch to see the Golden Gate Bridge at the opening of Heart, but usually I'm perfectly happy with the generic 'everything looks like Vancouver' aspect. But I'll let the question stand to see if somebody who's from that country feels otherwise.
                Hmm. Ok, this is going to be long and I am going to tread VERY carefully here, and try to be as respectful as I can of other people's feelings , but this is kind of a pet peeve of fandom for me. So please please PLEASE don't read this as a personal attack on anyone.

I can't tell you the depths to which I DON'T care about details like this. They have had multiple episodes that were supposed to take place in Minnesota. When I hear them say my state, I kind of smile, sometimes chuckle a little at the lack of snow or whatever, then promptly forget the boys are in Minnesota. I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell you the location of more than half a dozen episodes. Especially as there are desperately few episodes where the location had any real relevence to the story being told (the exceptions being the ones in Lawrence! ). In Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, it mattered only in a sense that was in Bobby's home state. But Bobby's home could have been anywhere, and the story would have remained the same.

Failure to do simple research is one thing. If in BUABS, they had put up the map of Duluth and it was somewhere in southern Minnesota (it's up north), that would have just been laziness. It costs nothing to put up the correct graphic, versus an incorrect one. But, what may seem to viewers like a simple and easy fix (making a location look more geographically correct), I realise, isn't. Every dollar on a tv show is budgeted. Give even a few thousand dollars to adding CG snow or buildings, to colour-correct the grass or the sky, to paint out the rain or breath vapor (again, none of which are important to the story), and suddenly you have no money to cover the licensing fee of using the classic rock songs the fans want. Or you have to scale back having 100 extras in a key scene to 20.

I get on the forums and see page after page of comments on things like how all the planets on Stargate look like Vancouver, and how Smallville's Kansas looks a lot like Vancouver, and how ALL the places in The X-Files look like Vancouver....I just think, "THAT'S what you're paying attention to?" It reminds me of Dean's line in MATEOTB, "...for fans, they sure complain a lot!" And here again, I don't mean to offend those who disagree. I am absolutely guilty of a good complaint now and then!

What are the producers supposed to do about it? It IS Vancouver! They aren't ignorant of the fact that the places sometimes don't look right.

Strangely enough, I finally got around to reading the last 2 Supernatural magazines yesterday, and this exact topic came up...twice! In an interview with Jensen, he says that they have shot the heck out of Vancouver and he would love a beach episode, just so they had the excuse to film an ep in Hawaii. But he knows it just isn't possible with their budget, and he is proud of the job the set decorators and location scouts have done with such a limited area to work with. Secondly, they had an article listing all the in-jokes in the episodes and they mentioned that in Hell House, Richardson, Texas was put in there because it's Jensen's hometown, but..."The real Richardson, however, is more suburban than the one seen in the episode."

To finish my rant (so sorry so sorry, please don't hurt me...) I think they have their priorities right with the show. I don't want them saying, "Yeah, we know there is no defining music in this episode. And no, we couldn't show the actual monster because the effects were too much. And we know there was supposed to be a big crowd here for the apocalyptic battle. And yes, we hired some second-rate, non-experienced, cheaper guest stars...but LOOK! In that panning shot! Did you see how the sky and trees looked JUST like Detroit!"

I'll go slink away now and let someone else pick the next question...

Comment

I love your rant, and I fully support your points! I also prefer a strong story over too much detailism. They still put a lot of effort into the little details.

Leaving this thread without a question is pretty much killing it, so I just throw in a new question:
                  I am reading the SPN companion book and in it Kripke says, that Daddy Winchester had to die becaus having him around put him on the frond fight and the boys always into the second row. Do you think, that story-wise the death of John Winchester was the right decision?
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

No need to apologize at all, Chrichiel! I love your long posts, because they are always insightful, your arguments are valid and your style is a joy to read. So please feel free to 'vent' ('rant' for me is a totally different kettle of fish) at any time. And I completely agree with your assessment. If you are able to make yourself believe that there are coins that make wishes come true and naked Cupids who like to give hugs, then you should be able to accept that there's no snow in South Dakota in February (or whatever month it was supposed to be).

Leaving this thread without a question is pretty much killing it, so I just throw in a new question:
                    I am reading the SPN companion book and in it Kripke says, that Daddy Winchester had to die becaus having him around put him on the frond fight and the boys always into the second row. Do you think, that story-wise the death of John Winchester was the right decision?
                    That's the first time I hear this. I thought it was a scheduling issue, with JDM being so busy with TV and movies.

I must say that as much as John's death shocked me, Kripke is right. The whole first season was about the boys finding their missing father. Now they've found him - and the Colt to kill the YED - John would have led the hunt in S2. So the writers would have struggled all season with finding reasons for the boys to be separated from their Dad, since they wouldn't have been the ones making the decisions while he was around, which would have weakened their characters. And the whole 'Dean-the-good-little-soldier' vs. 'Sam-the-rebellious-one' would have become lame PDQ. On top of that, the way they let John go, with those last words whispered in Dean's ear, made for a great mystery and set the scene for pretty much everything that happened to Sam all the way until now.

It's 4 am here, and my brain is not very creative, so I'll let the question stand - and Crichiel still owes us one anyway.

sigpic

Comment

I love your rant, and I fully support your points! I also prefer a strong story over too much detailism. They still put a lot of effort into the little details.

No need to apologize at all, Chrichiel! I love your long posts, because they are always insightful, your arguments are valid and your style is a joy to read. So please feel free to 'vent' ('rant' for me is a totally different kettle of fish) at any time.

- and Crichiel still owes us one anyway.
                      Awww... Big hugs to both of you!! Thank you so much for the kind words. I was really nervous posting that because many times, people read what I post the wrong way and attack me. And you're right, stars, I owe you guys a question!

Let me answer the one about John first. I also read that companion book and as soon as I saw Kripke's reasons for killing John, I totally, 100% agreed with him.

One thing that I always love about watching Dean around John, Elllen, or Bobby is how quickly he falls in line and becomes the obedient 'good' son. It is so cool to watch him transform into a little boy around them, because he is so cocky and take-charge the rest of the time. But seeing him so subservient full-time? That would have completely undermined his character. He would have come off as mindless soldier, and thus become totally unnecessary.

John's bickering with Sam? Again, cool to see calm, logical Sam get so ruffled. But I don't want to see that week to week.

John was a great character because he was such a strong character. But when he was around, his personality almost eclipsed the boys'! Can't have that!

Ok, my question: Would you like Bobby to get back use of his legs?

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                        Ok, my question: Would you like Bobby to get back use of his legs?
                        Jimeny Crickets, woman, you sure know how to pick your questions! Had to think about that for a while. But I do. Having to shunt Bobby around while there's a bunch of zombies on your tail would get old very soon. I admit Bobby has not usually been in the thick of things, his role was rather to provide advice, but I still liked it when he dropped in on the boys wherever they may have been (as in Tall Tales, Yellow Fever or Sympathy for the Devil) to lend a hand. Okay, he can still drive, otherwise he would not have shown up in The Curious Case of DW, but again it's awkward when he's stopped by an out-of-order elevator. So this was an interesting plot device, but I still hope Cas will somehow get his mojo back and 'lay his hands on Bobby' to get him out of that freaking chair.

Hope I'm making sense, been major sleep deprived recently and just running on caffeine...

This comes from a fic I read recently that put forth this theory - do you think Jimmy (Castiel's vessel) is actually dead, or is he still in there, kinda room sharing with Cas?

sigpic

Comment

Jimeny Crickets, woman, you sure know how to pick your questions!

Really? I thought it was kinda a lame-duck question myself, but I couldn't think of anything better!

This comes from a fic I read recently that put forth this theory - do you think Jimmy (Castiel's vessel) is actually dead, or is he still in there, kinda room sharing with Cas?
                          I never thought he was dead. And especially after My Bloody Valentine
                          Spoiler:
                          where Castiel said it was Jimmy who was making him crave the red meat.

This would sort of be for those of you who 'spoil' to answer: In last weeks, is there one particular episode coming up that you are especially excited to see (beside the finale of course!)?

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                            This would sort of be for those of you who 'spoil' to answer: In last weeks, is there one particular episode coming up that you are especially excited to see (beside the finale of course!)?
                            Phew, where to start? Almost all of the available synopses sound just awesome.

You'd think it would be the 100th episode, but I believe I have a notion what the twist in that one will be, so the anticipation isn't as great. Actually, I think it was last night's episode (which I haven't seen yet, but hopefully will be able to about an hour from now!) that intrigued me most until I read what Hammer of the Gods will be all about. I'm really looking forward to that one, not only because
                            Spoiler:
                            it will be delving into non-Western mythology, and it should be interesting to see how these gods relate to our God
                            and then it will be good to
                            Spoiler:
                            see the Trickster/Gabriel again. That's one loose end that I really want to see continue.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but was there ever a moment you felt either Sam or Dean acted out of character? And of course I'm not talking about when they were possessed or in a dream or something.

sigpic

Comment

Phew, where to start? Almost all of the available synopses sound just awesome.

You'd think it would be the 100th episode, but I believe I have a notion what the twist in that one will be, so the anticipation isn't as great. Actually, I think it was last night's episode (which I haven't seen yet, but hopefully will be able to about an hour from now!) that intrigued me most until I read what Hammer of the Gods will be all about. I'm really looking forward to that one, not only because
                              Spoiler:
                              it will be delving into non-Western mythology, and it should be interesting to see how these gods relate to our God
                              and then it will be good to
                              Spoiler:
                              see the Trickster/Gabriel again. That's one loose end that I really want to see continue.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but was there ever a moment you felt either Sam or Dean acted out of character? And of course I'm not talking about when they were possessed or in a dream or something.
                              Okaaay, looks like nobody wants to answer this question. I can't really think of a moment unless it's put in "or something". One thing is the facial expression of Jared during the "blabla"-scene in "Tall Tales" but I guess thats just Jared trying no to laugh and the second one is this time Sam during the second part of "Mystery Spot". I just can't imagine him not taking Bobbys aid to find the Trickster, but then again this was Trickster-wonderland which counts in my mind as "or something".

Spoilers for S5:

Spoiler:
                              Only 4 episodes to go. Do you think that one of the boys will say "Yes" despite everything we had so far?
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Spoilers for S5:

Spoiler:
                                Only 4 episodes to go. Do you think that one of the boys will say "Yes" despite everything we had so far?
                                Spoiler:
                                Oh, how I wish so badly with all my heart that would happen. I think it would be such a cool fight. But, alas, I don't think it will. Which I sort of get. The whole thing making Sam and Dean heroes this season is their strength to say 'no' when anyone else would give in. I just really want to see that fight!

When you watch the first season, can you appreciate the episode for what it was when it originally aired? (as opposed to constantly thinking of all the stuff that came afterwards.)

Comment

Working...
                                X