The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
    Hmm...I think Sam would adjust faster. He's already had some...er...
    Spoiler:
    slight experience in becoming embodied in the Impala, and he was surprising calm.
    I think Dean also tends to rail against changes a bit more initially than Sam. I also wonder if Sam's demon blood would affect Dean in any way. Sam's been dealing with that in one way or another for a very long time; I wonder if Dean, being thrown into Sam's body, would be aware of it's presence.

Have you ever wanted to throw something at the TV screen during a Supernatural episode (stemming from any strong emotion)?
    I came extremely close, and the only reason it didn't happen was a) that I was watching on my laptop, and b) that the next ep was already loaded and ready to go. It was at the end of Croatoan, when Dean started to tell Sam what John had told him before he died - and then they rolled the end credits before he got a chance to spill it. That must take the cake for worst (or best?) cliffhanger ever. Actually, based on that experience I was on tenterhooks at the end of S4. In the final scene Sam was torn between listening to Dean and to Ruby, and I think they must have put in a commercial break, because there was a fade-out, and I really thought they'd leave us hanging over the hiatus whether Sam would go through with it or not. Luckily Kripke took mercy on my nervous system and came through with Lucifer rising.

Is there a character on the show - either recurring or guest - you can identify with because he/she resembles your own disposition?

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      Is there a character on the show - either recurring or guest - you can identify with because he/she resembles your own disposition?
      Ok, I know this is going to sound arrogant, but hear me out. There is a fun pop culture book of essays about Supernatural that I have and one of the essays deals with how everyone wants to be Dean, and everyone thinks they are Dean, but in reallity they are Sam. The rest of the essay then goes on to show how that is a GOOD thing because if you really break it down, Sam is more of a real person, with a real life, and realistic well-rounded emotions and dreams. And the scary thing was, the more it showcased how wonderful it is to be Sam and how you wouldn't really want to be Dean, the more it proved that I AM Dean....all the sad negative characteristics of him, not the cool stuff. It was very depressing to read "Aren't you GLAD you aren't this sad pathetic lonely person that Dean is?", after describing me so well! So I guess I'm Dean. *sigh* I should be happier about that.

If I can, I'd actually like to re-ask this question to someone else, because I really want to hear someone else's answer! That ok? Is there a character YOU identify with?

Oi! This redesign! I am not against change that tweaks things and makes it easier, but everything I've tried to do on here today now takes EXTRA steps!
      Last edited by Crichiel; 19 January 2010, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        If I can, I'd actually like to re-ask this question to someone else, because I really want to hear someone else's answer! That ok? Is there a character YOU identify with?
        Well, of course I thought about it myself before I posed this question. When I took the test on supernatural.tv 'Which Spn Character are you' it turned out I was Bobby. LOL, don't know if I should be flattered or insulted. I'd like to think that I'm like Ellen. She's strong, intelligent, independent, good at what she does. She has a big heart, even if it's not evident at first sight, and tends to take other people's troubles on her own shoulders. She's managed to raise her child to be a self confident and strong person, but in spite of that she still feels she has to protect her. Oh, and her feelings run deep, but she is able to forgive people and move on.

Anybody else?

And, OMG!!! How annoying is this redesign??!!! I can't even find the stupid 'size' thing to complain about it in smaller letters or the 'spoiler' button to complain about it OT!!! All under 'go advanced' now, or what?
        Yup, that's where you have to go to find them. Don't know why hitting the 'reply' button doesn't take you there right away. I mean, the 'quick reply' window is open anyway. I've put that on the 'things that need to be tweaked' thread, we'll see whether it helps.

sigpic

Comment

I also got Bobby in the very scientific SPN personality quiz. I don't think I'm much like him, but love him a lot, so that's ok. In the earlier seasons I probably most identified with Sam, with his desire to belong to another world than the one he grew up in, yet not able to break free. Last season with his decent into darkness, I began to identify more with Dean, as he watched someone he loved go down a painful path. So, it probably depends for me.

Oi! This redesign! I am not against change that tweaks things and makes it easier, but everything I've tried to do on here today now takes EXTRA steps!
          I have no idea where anything is anymore and don't have time to learn right now....*goes away confused*

Good grief, I forgot to ask a question, I'm so out of it! *headdesk*

Is Supernatural your favorite show currently airing, and if so, when did it reach #1 for you?
          Last edited by marielabbott; 20 January 2010, 03:51 PM. Reason: so confuzzled I forgot to ask a question, ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
            Is Supernatural your favorite show currently airing, and if so, when did it reach #1 for you?
            Absolutely! I also love Chuck, but not with quite the same level of obsession! It reached #1 after I rented the first season from Netflix last summer. Actually it was probably by the third disc of the first season!

If the show gets cancelled in a few years (still sticking by that!), is there another show on air right now that you think Jared or Jensen would fit in well with?

Comment

If the show gets cancelled in a few years (still sticking by that!), is there another show on air right now that you think Jared or Jensen would fit in well with?
              I don't watch a lot of TV, so I was waiting for somebody else to answer this, but it's been two days...

I wouldn't go with something like Warehouse 13, because that would be too obvious. After Chaning Channels, I would maybe cast Jared in a procedural cop show, and Jensen in something comedic but with serious undertones. It would be a waste of his acting skills to only have him do one genre.

If you could write the script for an AU episode, where in the world (or time) would you send the boys?

sigpic

Comment

If you could write the script for an AU episode, where in the world (or time) would you send the boys?
                Again with the AU questions. I am so bad at these because I don't really like them! How about sending the boys to the night of the fire? But not just in a quick, non-interference way like in AHBL.

Can you think of a direction that you absolutely would NOT want to see the story take?

Comment

Again with the AU questions. I am so bad at these because I don't really like them! How about sending the boys to the night of the fire? But not just in a quick, non-interference way like in AHBL.
                  Oops, sorry, will try to think of a different sort of question next time...

Can you think of a direction that you absolutely would NOT want to see the story take?
                  Not sure if this is what you were aiming for - but I don't want anything that would mess up the status quo, i.e. I want to continue to see the brothers on the road together. I don't want them separated, I don't want them in one place, I don't want them in any long-term relationship, I don't want them to have special powers.

In a recent episode the boys were talking about old age, and Sam told Dean neither of them would live that long. What do you think - is there a chance for the boys to live to a ripe old age?

sigpic

Comment

Oops, sorry, will try to think of a different sort of question next time...

Not sure if this is what you were aiming for - but I don't want anything that would mess up the status quo, i.e. I want to continue to see the brothers on the road together. I don't want them separated, I don't want them in one place, I don't want them in any long-term relationship, I don't want them to have special powers.

In a recent episode the boys were talking about old age, and Sam told Dean neither of them would live that long. What do you think - is there a chance for the boys to live to a ripe old age?
                    No need to apologise! You are allowed to ask whatever you want, of course!! I just feel like I give weak answers to AU questions. And your answer to my question WAS what I was aiming for!

I don't see the boys living to old age. Or at least Dean. I suppose Sam would have a shot, but I think the way that Dean feels about hunting, he would always always always be right in the heart of danger and it will eventually get him....permanently.

Is there one specific area of hunting that you think Sam is significantly better than Dean, and vice versa? (And I'm kind of looking for something other than the obvious 'research' for Sam. I think they've shown in enough episodes that Dean CAN do it, he just chooses not to.) Is that unfair to handcuff your answer like that?

Comment

No need to apologise! You are allowed to ask whatever you want, of course!! I just feel like I give weak answers to AU questions. And your answer to my question WAS what I was aiming for!
                      Haven't seen a 'weak' answer from you yet. And I'm glad I got your gist with the last one.

Is there one specific area of hunting that you think Sam is significantly better than Dean, and vice versa? (And I'm kind of looking for something other than the obvious 'research' for Sam. I think they've shown in enough episodes that Dean CAN do it, he just chooses not to.) Is that unfair to handcuff your answer like that?
                      No it isn't unfair. Sometimes it makes it more interesting to stop an obvious reply, as I did when I wouldn't let you pick the Pilot as the best episode to introduce somebody to the show...

Actually, I feel their strengths lie with the way they approach people. Dean is the con man, he can talk himself into or out of just about any situation, playing the part of a priest just as well as that of a homeland security officer or insurance rep. Sam on the other hand can get people to open up to him, with his puppy dog thing (and Dean has now referred to just this gift twice on the show!) and sincerity. One scene where I noticed especially how they use these gifts to their advantage was in Hookman - after the church service, Dean takes the reverend aside, playing the new student who's looking for a place of worship to let Sam work his mojo on the daughter to get information.

So far, what was your favorite season and why?

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I feel their strengths lie with the way they approach people. Dean is the con man, he can talk himself into or out of just about any situation, playing the part of a priest just as well as that of a homeland security officer or insurance rep. Sam on the other hand can get people to open up to him, with his puppy dog thing (and Dean has now referred to just this gift twice on the show!) and sincerity. One scene where I noticed especially how they use these gifts to their advantage was in Hookman - after the church service, Dean takes the reverend aside, playing the new student who's looking for a place of worship to let Sam work his mojo on the daughter to get information.

So far, what was your favorite season and why?
                        Great answer, stars! I especially like your example!

My favourite season is season 2. For the sheer number of good episodes. Season 2 just had so many that really stood out for me. Besides gems like AHBL pt 2, Folsom Prison Blues, and Born Under a Bad Sign, it has the two episodes that are tied for first place for me: In My Time of Dying and What Is and What Should Never Be.

Same question to the next person!

Comment

Great answer, stars! I especially like your example!
                          Thank you!

My favourite season is season 2. For the sheer number of good episodes. Season 2 just had so many that really stood out for me. Besides gems like AHBL pt 2, Folsom Prison Blues, and Born Under a Bad Sign, it has the two episodes that are tied for first place for me: In My Time of Dying and What Is and What Should Never Be.

Same question to the next person!
                          Uh - I'd just copy and past your answer. Same season, for exactly the same reasons and episodes... Are you my lost twin or something?

I'll let the 'favorite season' question stand as well since I asked it.

sigpic

Comment

I'd also go with season two and my answer would be very similar, but for the change of it, and because it is very close in my preferences, I say: season 4 is the best

Season 4 has some very intense episodes (IKWYDLS, Heaven and Hell, OTHOAP)and some very interesting ones concerning the way they are approached (Monster Movie, Terrible Life, The Monster at the End of this Book, Jump the Shark). These episodes show what makes S4 so exceptional: even after three seasons, SPN is still able to evolve and to change, and it does it without alienating the fans. Unlike the changes in SG-1 after S8, which are a clear break, we here have a real evolution. The characters feel like they are real because they do not instantly reset after every episode. S4 Sam isn't S3 Sam. With adding the angels and the whole Apocalypse scoop the whole show opens up. It's not just two guys and their issues any more, its a far greater scale now, and S4 is able to transport it and embed it into the existing series universe.

So, as much as I love the single episodes in S2, I think that S4 did just that tad more to the overall show and I put it in front of 2

Okay. So. Least favourite season, anyone?
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                              Okay. So. Least favourite season, anyone?
                              'Least favourite' is a good way to put it, because by no means do I not LOVE this season, it is just the one I watch the least: Season 1 *ducks for cover*

It pretty close between this and season 3 for me, but even though I think season 3 has some pretty bad episodes (*ahem* Ghostfacers), it also has a lot of stand outs. Season 1 has, I think, 7 nearly perfect episodes (Pilot, Wendigo, Phantom Traveler, Skin, Scarecrow, Faith, and Devil's Trap ) that I absolutely love and watch over and over again. That's 7 out of 22. Season 3 has 7 out of 16...so it JUST BARELY squeaks ahead.

Same question!

Comment

This is an unpopular opinion in fandom, but my least favorite season is season four. I loved certain eps, and I liked the introduction of the angels and the accompanying arc. But by the end of the season I was very sick of darkside Sam, the brothers fighting, and wow, did I come to despise Ruby (I believe I cheered aloud when she was killed). And looking at the episode list, there are very few from season four that are on my all-time favorite list.

What do you think Dean and Sam's favorite films are (a genre or individual titles)?

Comment

Working...
                                X