Star Trek Hangman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Picard: So what if he meets the third, consciousness, in even the smallest degree? What is he then? I don't know, do you? Do you? Do you?
    Anybody know where that's from?
    "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
    -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Originally posted by Kyarra View Post
      Anybody know where that's from?
      First...its not the complete quote...
      Season 2 / Episode 9: - The Measure of a Man

Capt. Picard: Now, tell me, Commander, what is Data?
      Commander Bruce Maddox: I don't understand.
      Capt. Picard: What is he?
      Commander Bruce Maddox: A machine!
      Capt. Picard: Is he? Are you sure?
      Commander Bruce Maddox: Yes!
      Capt. Picard: You see, he's met two of your three criteria for sentience, so what if he meets the third, consciousness, in even the smallest degree? What is he then? I don't know. Do you?
      Capt. Picard: [to Riker] Do you?
      Capt. Picard: [to Louvois] Do you? Well, that's the question you have to answer.
      The "do you's" and such seem a little odd when you don't have the full scene in mind.
      sigpic

Comment

Picard: So what if he meets the third, consciousness, in even the smallest degree? What is he then? I don't know, do you? Do you? Do you?
        your go
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

First...its not the complete quote...

The "do you's" and such seem a little odd when you don't have the full scene in mind.
          thanks! I now have some context for it!
          "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
          -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
            your go
            Can I take a pass on this one and let someone else go? I have a retreat/workshop to go to for work next week. So, this weekend I'll be trying to get ahead in my grad school class.
            sigpic

Comment

I have another one then

---------/--------:/---/--/---/---/----/--‘-/--------/--/--?
              ----:/--------/-/------/------/-----/--/---/----/--/-----/--/---/’--------/-/------/------/-----‘/

:
              :
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

S?
                sigpic

Comment

A?
                  sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

m
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

T
                      sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                      - R.E.M.

Comment

--mma----/--a--ta-:/-a-/--/as-/---/--a-/-t‘s s----s--/t-/--?
                        Tas-:/-ata---t a/--ss--/a---ss s-a--/--/t--/t-m-/-t/ta--s t-/sa-/’-ata---t/a/--ss--/a---ss s-a--‘

: A, M, S, T
                        :

Comment

I?
                          sigpic
                          Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

--mma----/--a--ta-:/-a-/--/as-/---/--a-/it‘s s----s--/t-/--?
                            Tas-:/-ata---t a/--ss--/a---ss s-a--/i-/t--/t-m-/it/ta--s t-/sa-/’-ata---t/a/--ss--/a---ss s-a--‘

: A, I, M, S, T
                            :

Comment

O
                              sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                              - R.E.M.

Comment

-omma----/--a-ota-:/-a-/--/as-/-o-/--a-/it‘s s---os-- to -o?
                                Tas-:/-ata---t a/--ss--/a--oss s-a--/i-/t--/t-m-/it/ta--s to sa-/’-ata---t/a/--ss--/a---ss s-a--‘

: A, I, M, O, S, T
                                :

Comment

Working...
                                X