Sanctuary "Last letter..." Word Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escape
    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Eric

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Spoiler:
        Dear All,

As most of you know, I have been asking for prayers for my grand-aunt and my mom's friend for the past few weeks. I am grateful for all the support you have been giving; it has made getting through this difficult time just a bit less painful.

My mom's friend, Beth Jacinto, passed away last Thursday night, September 30, after her long battle with cancer. And my grand-aunt, Norma Jones, mother of 10, grandmother of 19, and great-grandmother of 2 (as well as being a second grandmother to me and my cousins after our own grandmother's death), passed away early Wednesday morning, October 6 (exactly 11 years after my grandma's death, to the day).

Both services will be tomorrow morning, October 9.

Again, I would like to thank you all for the support you have been giving. This is an extremely hard time for everybody and any kind of help is well appreciated. I please ask that you continue to keep us all in your thoughts and prayers. In some ways, letting go only gets harder with age, and I know we all need all the support we can get.

I just wanted to let you know what happened, and to thank you for everything you have been doing.

Love to you all,
        Mimzy <3
        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Cynic

Comment

Cairo

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Oliver
              The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
              sigpic

Comment

Robert Lawrenson

Comment

Nautilus

Comment

Hello, everyone,

Spoiler:
                    My theology prof. is awesome--he gave me a week's extension on my paper. I am so relieved.

Things have calmed down since after the funerals--the viewings are always the worst because that's the time when it really hits you that you have to say goodbye. After the burial ceremony, then things start to level out into a sort of dull ache. I was glad I got to spend time with one of my cousins--it was her "Grammy" who died, and I remember when my grandma died, she was the first one to comfort me--so the least I could do was return the favor.

So it's going to be a slow process, but we're getting there. It was a lot harder to deal with these 2 deaths this time because (a) it's harder to lose someone when you've lost that childhood innocence (in some ways, I think kids have a better understanding of death than adults do, even if it seems to be the opposite--they don't have a concept of someone being gone "forever." Which is actually correct, b/c it's not a final goodbye. If it was, there would be no point in living for the future at all) and (b) the circumstances of these deaths were just so much more complicated and they both happened at the same time when we weren't exactly ready for them.

It hurts, but now that everything's done, there's this sense of peace, at least for me. I still ask for prayers for the families, though--everybody deals with different things in different ways. It's going to take a longer time to get through these losses, but I know there's still hope.

...after 7 years of not having to go through a major family death, I understood what it felt like to lose someone, but I had forgotten just how much it hurts. Over the weekend, I had this lingering fear of what would happen, every time my parents had to go somewhere, or some other relative, or when my other grand-aunt went back to Alaska on Sunday...it was always this fear that I would never see them again (especially w/ my aunt--she's 96). Luckily, my past experience has strengthened me enough to know that I cannot live life in constant fear of losing somebody--if it happens, it happens.
                    So, yeah. but it's going to be okay.
                    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Sanctuary for All

Comment

Love

Comment

Ennis Camden

Comment

Now or never
                            The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                            sigpic

Comment

Ravi

Comment

Irresistible

Comment

Working...
                                X