Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like there's innovation in the air! Good luck to you all. May all your ventures be blessed with success!

I'm feeling like standing at a crossroads too. Something is going to happen this year but I don't know what it is yet. Fact is, I can't stay unemployed till next year because my unemployment compensation runs out next spring. On the other hand, I'm shortly before signing a contract for a job that could at least fill the unpleasant gap in my curriculum and give me something to do again - but it's only a small job and I won't earn any money to speak of. Finding a bigger job proves to be very difficult for a woman with a toddler to care for. Oh the joys of being discrimintated simply for being female.
    Still, it's itching in my fingers and I'm growing restless. My dream of some day publishing some of my art or writing is still there and I feel something could be happening if I keep working hard on improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
      @ Addict: I expect to see you when I come to Oz next year, so we can spend a couple of days talking about green.
      Only a couple of days? I could talk about green for many weeks. You will have to tell me when you're venturing here, so I can make arrangements to be wherever you are!

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
      Seems like there's innovation in the air! Good luck to you all. May all your ventures be blessed with success!

I'm feeling like standing at a crossroads too. Something is going to happen this year but I don't know what it is yet. Fact is, I can't stay unemployed till next year because my unemployment compensation runs out next spring. On the other hand, I'm shortly before signing a contract for a job that could at least fill the unpleasant gap in my curriculum and give me something to do again - but it's only a small job and I won't earn any money to speak of. Finding a bigger job proves to be very difficult for a woman with a toddler to care for. Oh the joys of being discrimintated simply for being female.
      Still, it's itching in my fingers and I'm growing restless. My dream of some day publishing some of my art or writing is still there and I feel something could be happening if I keep working hard on improving.
      Good luck with your situation, DS! Being at the crossroads can be incredibly daunting, but I guess it's just a matter of picking a path and making the most of it. You have once very important thing on your side though: talent - I am insanely envious of your talent. If you cannot make a living off your creative endeavours, I honestly don't know who can. You also have all of our support, and I'm sure that when you find your path, you'll be brilliant
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
        Good luck with your situation, DS! Being at the crossroads can be incredibly daunting, but I guess it's just a matter of picking a path and making the most of it. You have once very important thing on your side though: talent - I am insanely envious of your talent. If you cannot make a living off your creative endeavours, I honestly don't know who can. You also have all of our support, and I'm sure that when you find your path, you'll be brilliant
        ^ *agreed*

Comment

@ Isolde and TP - good luck with fulfilling your dreams.

@ DS - You're a very talented artist. Maybe it's time you had a go at getting some of your work published.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
            ...Finding a bigger job proves to be very difficult for a woman with a toddler to care for. Oh the joys of being discrimintated simply for being female...
            I think I know what you are going through with this since our two lovely children are of the same age. I hope you can achieve your dream because you're a wonderful artist. In matter of fact you are one of my top favourite artists.

I've had a poem published once and even though I didn't make any money, it was still exciting. I hope to go back to school once my daughter goes to school full time, which won't be for another year.
            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
              I've had a poem published once and even though I didn't make any money, it was still exciting. I hope to go back to school once my daughter goes to school full time, which won't be for another year.
              Wonderful x 2! What is your poem about and can you share it? What do you want to go back to school for?

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                Wonderful x 2! What is your poem about and can you share it? What do you want to go back to school for?
                I don't have the poem in my hands and it is kind of old so I can't remember exactly what I wrote. I originally wrote it when I was 14 or 15 about my first breakup. So it's really kind of an depressing poem and is something that kind of disgusts me now. When I was a junior in high school I entered the poem into a contest for a book called 'Young American Poets' and they chose my poem to publish in the book. I was suppose to get a free copy of the book but never got it. I think my poem was published in the 2004 edition. My English teacher said employers would find it interesting if I were to put in my resume about my poem being published. Unfortunately none of my past bosses seemed to even care about it.

As for the school I have no idea yet. Maybe something computer related.

edit: @TP: I hope you have fun with your son and enjoy your time with him!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                  When I was a junior in high school I entered the poem into a contest for a book called 'Young American Poets' and they chose my poem to publish in the book.
                  Even if you can't relate to it so much now, it fit the theme of the book about being a young adult. Congrats!

My English teacher said employers would find it interesting if I were to put in my resume about my poem being published. Unfortunately none of my past bosses seemed to even care about it.
                  I've never, ever been asked about my coursework, extracurricular activities, grade point average, or anything related to school. Instead, I've had dumb questions like "How much money do you think (insert totally unrelated job title here) makes?" and "If you had to be born as a non-human animal, what kind would you be and why?"

As for the school I have no idea yet. Maybe something computer related.
                  Good idea. You have time to watch the help wanted ads to see what is commonly available in your area and hasn't been outsourced. That's important!

Comment

Good luck to everybody.

@ I hope DS you will find a good work and your work will be published. They are great.

@ Congrats Leeta. I hope you will choose a good school for you.

Something nice: I dreamed today about JL.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you all for the compliments. The support I'm getting is wonderful. *big hugs*

@Leeta: Computer related sounds like a good idea. You can never learn enough about techie stuff and most bosses searching for new employees are pleased to see if an applicant has made an effort to stay up to date computer-wise.

@Bajka: Congrats! Was it a wraithy dream?

Comment

I've never, ever been asked about my coursework, extracurricular activities, grade point average, or anything related to school. Instead, I've had dumb questions like "How much money do you think (insert totally unrelated job title here) makes?" and "If you had to be born as a non-human animal, what kind would you be and why?"
                        Same here. I know some jobs will definitely ask for qualifications but the ones I've been interviewed for never once even asked me for my high school diploma.

The animal question sounds kind of funny.

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                        Something nice: I dreamed today about JL.
                        oooh....! What kind of dream was it?? I hope it wasn't like mine were Bob took the retrovirus and became JL because he thought I'd be happier.......

Comment

Just popping by with a drawing I finished yesterday, but only got around to upload tonight (been busy all day)
                          It's from The Planet game
                          http://hellraiser-89.deviantart.com/#/d42oqcm
                          My videos
                          My art
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
                            Just popping by with a drawing I finished yesterday, but only got around to upload tonight (been busy all day)
                            It's from The Planet game
                            http://hellraiser-89.deviantart.com/#/d42oqcm
                            Sally looks beautiful in her red dress. Those hairy slugs sure are a hit!

Comment

Thank you Orb! And yeah they seem very popular
                              My videos
                              My art
                              sigpic

Comment

Sally looks beautiful in her red dress. Those hairy slugs sure are a hit!
                                Hehehehehehehe.... Orb, did you write this on purpose??? To which I reply, does she look as beautiful as Lisa?

@ HR: nice picture, though I do feel sorry for the Wraith being smooshed by the yeti!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X