Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another actor who posted on GW was David Nykl who had his own thread where forum members could ask him questions. James Bamford (the stunt co-ordinator) still has an ongoing thread here -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...G-Shows-Movies

One of the Stargate Universe extras now posts a lot in a topic which started off as a joke - I don't know how he got to hear about it.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...th-Visitation*

I can't imagine any of the Wraith actors being regular lurkers in the WDC but we can't rule that possibility out.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
      After several days of thinking, I decided, after today's discussion, that the wraith I will drop from my collection will be Johnny. I never intended for him to be used as argument on whether we can bring non-wraith characters in or not. I only meant for him to be used as some sort of comical relief for myself and to annoy my other wraith. I also never intended on worshipping him in any way. Yes, his appearance resembled a wraithified Jack Sparrow but I tried my best to keep him from acting like Jack's character. I've been in the game for some time now and can easily think of another way on how I get to Earth.

I wanted to drop one of my wraith since I adopted Astor as I didn't want to RP too many wraith at once. I am attached to Shadow and Alec so it was either going to be Johnny or Owen.
      That's sweet of you and I hope we can move on now.

As for how to get between Earth and the COH... I;m not sure if it;s still in the guides or not, but Todd built mini star gates in TP and SW's flats so they can get to the COH after work double quick!
      STeve sent Grouch & Grumble to do likewise for Addict, and I;m sure they'd be more than happy to install one wherever you (or anyone else) needs one
      Of course, Grumble will demand an bear hug in return!!!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

I will have to send Grouch and grumble to my private quarters asap. I also won't mind giving Grumble a big squishy hug! hehe!!
        The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

I will have to send Grouch and grumble to my private quarters asap. I also won't mind giving Grumble a big squishy hug! hehe!!
          Grouch & Grumble race to Leeta's quarters like streaks of green lightening and make themselves available to install any wraith-tech required

Steve: My drones will be happy to accommodate any of you lovely ladies... oh yes, and HR too, I suppose!

TP: Ahem... whose drones are they?

Steve: Yours, my Queen
          sigpic
          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

I've just found a JM blog interview with the SGA extra which explains how he got to hear of the topic about his character -

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/

We still don't know how Will the director (presumably Will Waring) got to hear about it but it just goes to show that things posted on GW can get back to the actors.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm back and it seems that I've missed a rather intense argument! As for my opinions on bringing in non-Wraith characters - I'm not overly keen. As DS said, I love Cutler Beckett (not to mention Darken Rahl, Severus Snape, Vorik and Felix Gaeta). They, along with Steve, are my six muses and I write about them for my own enjoyment - but I would never bring them into the COH as RP-able characters. I'm okay with HR having a humanised Wraith queen, however!

I'm going to write my character guides tomorrow. I'm finding Spike rather difficult, as he already has a long history in the WWA. I have no intention of changing his character in any way, but he needs to adapt to an Addict-filled lifestyle

OOC: For those who are following the disgusting saga that is Addict and Wewads - I went to his house the other night. It was fun, but not conducive to my getting over him!
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome back, Addict!

Sorry, everyone, but I have to bring up the topic again. I'm aware I was being harsh yesterday and decided to step back, sleep over the issue and re-read the convo with a fresh eye today. It was never my intention to offend anyone or insult anyone's personal taste. I won't take back the idea behind my words because it's my opinion and my personal taste, but I sincerely do apologise for my rude choice of words. I'm sorry if I insulted you. The only justification I can offer is the fact that I tried literally for hours to come up with a solution everyone could live with, and in the end succumbed to helpless frustration.

Now, PA's suggestion:
                Maybe a suggestion for HR: If you wanted an Andee-type character, perhaps a random Queen could have been subjected to the antivirus and ends up looking like Andee? (Don't hate me people, I just wondered if this could be a viable option)
                My two cents: this would clash with the decision we have made concerning the worshipping of non-Wraith in the CO hive and it wouldn't be fair after the discussion we just had. However, the offer always stands for everyone: in the main game world and in minifics you can introduce non-Wraith characters.

I wanted to drop one of my wraith since I adopted Astor as I didn't want to RP too many wraith at once. I am attached to Shadow and Alec so it was either going to be Johnny or Owen.
                Thank you. It can be taxing to keep an eye on many characters and RP them so I understand. It's still sad though because I often laughed about Johnny's antics.

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
                  Well, I'm back and it seems that I've missed a rather intense argument! As for my opinions on bringing in non-Wraith characters - I'm not overly keen. As DS said, I love Cutler Beckett (not to mention Darken Rahl, Severus Snape, Vorik and Felix Gaeta). They, along with Steve, are my six muses and I write about them for my own enjoyment - but I would never bring them into the COH as RP-able characters. I'm okay with HR having a humanised Wraith queen, however!

I'm going to write my character guides tomorrow. I'm finding Spike rather difficult, as he already has a long history in the WWA. I have no intention of changing his character in any way, but he needs to adapt to an Addict-filled lifestyle

OOC: For those who are following the disgusting saga that is Addict and Wewads - I went to his house the other night. It was fun, but not conducive to my getting over him!
                  Welcome back Addict

Ah, I loooove Darken Rahl, but I'd never dream of introducing him to the WWA

Hehe, lucky Spike, I hope he's settling in well

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                  The only justification I can offer is the fact that I tried literally for hours to come up with a solution everyone could live with, and in the end succumbed to helpless frustration.

Now, PA's suggestion:
                  My two cents: this would clash with the decision we have made concerning the worshipping of non-Wraith in the CO hive and it wouldn't be fair after the discussion we just had. However, the offer always stands for everyone: in the main game world and in minifics you can introduce non-Wraith characters.
                  It's always hard to please everyone, unfortunately because of the nature of the forum and the COH we can't do that. It's a pity WS seems to have left, I hoped that she could see past it and move on.

As to the humanised Queen, it was just a suggestion; since she started out as a Wraith I thought it might be okay, but I guess we have to get the rules straight. It's good to have a healthy debate once in a while, it's just a pity that sometimes we lose a member because they take it the wrong way

Now to eat breakfast...
                  Craig:
                  PA: I'll try and stop by some time later in the day

Comment

I'm sure Alec can make up for some of Johnny's antics. I also thought about it some more and I think I will drop Owen as well. *hugs Owen goodbye*

I'm sure a worshipper in the future will take better care of him. I'll admit that I've been neglecting my other wraith since Astor came.

I ask that any reference to Johnny be removed from the game guides please. I think in Alec's profile and my profile Johnny's name is mentioned briefly. If necessary, I'll mention briefly in one of the RP threads that Johnny died a terrible, terrible death.

Comment

If necessary, I'll mention briefly in one of the RP threads that Johnny died a terrible, terrible death.
                      Or you could just say he leaves to join another hive in the alliance. Perhaps he could go to what used to be Kenny's hive - I don't know who runs it now but it's still somewhere in the game world
                      sigpic

Comment

If necessary, I'll mention briefly in one of the RP threads that Johnny died a terrible, terrible death.
                        Noooo!

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                        Or you could just say he leaves to join another hive in the alliance. Perhaps he could go to what used to be Kenny's hive - I don't know who runs it now but it's still somewhere in the game world
                        That would be an option. At the moment Kenny's hive tends to itself but I'm sure they could use someone like Johnny. Or he could just move to the pirate camp on the island.

Comment

Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
                          It's always hard to please everyone, unfortunately because of the nature of the forum and the COH we can't do that. It's a pity WS seems to have left, I hoped that she could see past it and move on.
                          I'm hoping she will take a few days to think it over and come back. *fingers crossed and hoping*

Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
                          As to the humanised Queen, it was just a suggestion; since she started out as a Wraith I thought it might be okay, but I guess we have to get the rules straight.
                          Maybe the character could take a retrovirus to be Wraith again in the COH? This would also help the retrovirused Wraith like Lathan and Demitri if someone wants to adopt them later. There are at least 2 people who love Lathan enough to have made plushies of him on dA; I would hate to preclude potential newbies and more Wraithy gorgeousness.

EDIT: We also have the human disguise machine if the game, if Wraith want to temporarily appear human outside of the COH. That could also explain human looks.

I'm sure Alec can make up for some of Johnny's antics. I also thought about it some more and I think I will drop Owen as well. *hugs Owen goodbye*

I'm sure a worshipper in the future will take better care of him. I'll admit that I've been neglecting my other wraith since Astor came.

I ask that any reference to Johnny be removed from the game guides please. I think in Alec's profile and my profile Johnny's name is mentioned briefly. If necessary, I'll mention briefly in one of the RP threads that Johnny died a terrible, terrible death.
                          I will update the game guides today. Isn't Owen still on The Planet and needing to go back to Boris's hive?

Awwww, make Johnny have a happy ending, like starting a rum company on Earth or something.

Comment

Ok. I won't kill Johnny. I was attempting to be silly after watching an episode of The Simpsons. Marge calls a psychic and he tells her that she will die a terrible terrible death.

Spoiler:
                            Psychic: Hello, "Radio Psychic". You will die a terrible, terrible
                            death.
                            Marge: [on the phone] [gasps]
                            Psychic: Ooh, I'm sorry! That was our last caller. OK, I'm getting
                            something now. Hmm. OK, you will die a terrible, terrible
                            death.
                            Marge: But I --
                            DJ: Thank you for calling "Radio Psychic". Do you have a song
                            request?
                            Homer: [running to the phone] "It's Raining Men"!

I like Orb's idea. I might say he established his own rum company on Earth as a reason why he is no longer visiting the COH.

Owen at the moment is on the planet. I can wrote a post out later that he needs to go back to Boris' hive.

Comment

Game Guides updates:

Owen: added to the adoption list and slideshow, entry edited to show adoption availability
                              Johnny Wraith: moved to the inactive character list
                              SGA humans, Retrovirused Wraith, and Original Characters: adoption lists updated to state only Wraith may be worshipped in the COH
                              Leeta and Alec: entries edited to remove references to Johnny

(backups also updated)
                              Last edited by WraithTech; 08 April 2011, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                                I'm hoping she will take a few days to think it over and come back. *fingers crossed and hoping*

Maybe the character could take a retrovirus to be Wraith again in the COH? This would also help the retrovirused Wraith like Lathan and Demitri if someone wants to adopt them later. There are at least 2 people who love Lathan enough to have made plushies of him on dA; I would hate to preclude potential newbies and more Wraithy gorgeousness.

EDIT: We also have the human disguise machine if the game, if Wraith want to temporarily appear human outside of the COH. That could also explain human looks.

Awwww, make Johnny have a happy ending, like starting a rum company on Earth or something.

That's always a way to get around it. Earlier today I also wondered if maybe one of the Queens could do a Spike and dress up as a human... perhaps the one who's an actress? (sorry, can't remember who that is at the moment ) Maybe she could start her own new ear of silent movies... since she'd still have a Wraithie voice ;p

Lol, or Johnny could move in with the Pirate Wraith if they're still around, maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X