Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
    I'm assuming if we enforce this rule are we still able to have an occasional bum come in to be feed upon? I ask for Alec's sake. >_>

I don't have an issue with side RPing characters as that is how I view Johnny Wraith. My main issue is worshipping non-wraith characters in a wraith worshipping RP.
    Yes, to both points. The occasional bum is no problem. Nor is it a problem for short-time playing of non-Wraith side-characters. But yes, I agree, it's the worshipping part that's problematic.

*sigh* I'll settle for blunt now because I've run out of diplomatic words and this is going on too long already IMO.

Let's face it simple and plain. Tastes vary, as we have already established. And not every player knows every movie/show whatever. I'm going to put myself forward as an example now -- you may flame me all you like but I feel it needs to be said.

I come to the CO hive because it's easy, it's fun and it's naughty. If I came to the CO hive and saw posts and pages of non-Wraith worshipping it would simply drive me off. Forgive me for having a different taste but it I would recoil in disgust if I had to read posts where people worship and snog Bib Fortuna, a Yautja or Cutler Beckett. This is just my opinion of course and you may well be disgusted if I told you that General Grievous is one of my crushes. If I wanted to worship him in the CO hive you'd be equally disgusted.

So, we are Wraith Worshippers after all.

And to clarify this once and for all: No RL person/actor RPing is allowed on WWA.
    Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 07 April 2011, 05:19 AM.

Comment

I understand.

But there are also discussions about other characters, from different movies in a lot of forums i have seen here. Even characters in signatures, so i see this is not all about wraith at certain times.

It would be nice to have side characters to worship.. since they are being mentioned in the threads, not just wraith. But i am not even going to bother going on with this.. it is basically a one against all conversation.

Re-reading your post editing here...i just misread something... So one of the main reasons is that YOU do not find Bib fortuna appealing?? THAT is the main reason? if so then ..that is very selfish. SO WHAT if others do not find something else another person likes! You all probably do not like Queens! but HR worships them!!!!! I bet the only reason JOhnny got in is because there were a lot of people who liked Captain Jack Sparrow. After reading this i think it is complete S***. In my Opinion.
      I quit.
      Last edited by WraithSlave; 07 April 2011, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Wow, lots to catch up on this morning...

I didn't see the original actor/actress request or know who made it. Either GW didn't notify me of the new post or the request in the post was edited after I read the original post. I now understand it was an earnest request and hope those making the request are not offended. It is nothing personal, I like the actors and actresses too, I just don't want GateWorld contending with potential legal issues from representing real-life people.

I also don't want people to feel upset or to stop making creative suggestions for new game ideas. Asking is the right thing to do so that everyone can weigh in. I've been known to toss out ideas like a handful of frisbees. Some of them fly. Some of them don't. Some fly in a different direction than originally intended. Regardless, we are all friends, even if every idea is not used, and I will continue to share my ideas because I know that my friends do not intend to hurt me personally when my ideas don't catch on.

Like someone else said, perhaps taking some time, if even over the weekend, to think things over would be helpful, especially because we are dealing with other personal fandom likes. I don't want anyone leaving WWA or anyone feeling personally insulted for other fandom likes. I see a lot of members trying to compromise and come up with solutions so that we can all share our creative ideas with one another.

Like Bajka said, we all love Wraith and let it keep us here together.

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
          *waves hello*

Been MIA in the wraith threads for a sometime. I don’t feel like I have anything to contribute or say at the moment. Lack of energy and motivation… Kenny and Bob can’t help me but they do keep me company…
          *Craig sends Geeky fairy cakes to keep her energy levels up*

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
          GENERAL GAME DISCUSSION

@All: What do you think in general about adopting characters from other movies/shows?
          Wooooooah, lots to read up on
          I have to say that as long as the characters were only occasionally brought in and weren't Worshipped I wouldn't mind too much Of course if I hadn't heard of the character it would make things a bit awkward (for instance, I have no idea who the Bib-whatever-his-name-is is ).
          As to Kaspar, my OC, when I thought about introducing him to RP he would have taken a purely Wraith form in WWA, even though he's a shapeshifter-Fey. However, I decided not to bring him in because it would have meant too much background info, and I didn't want to spoil the continuity of the COH. Before all of this started I had already said to a couple of people via VM that I would not be brining him to GW.

Maybe a suggestion for HR: If you wanted an Andee-type character, perhaps a random Queen could have been subjected to the antivirus and ends up looking like Andee? (Don't hate me people, I just wondered if this could be a viable option)

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
          Like Bajka said, we all love Wraith and let it keep us here together.

Although I said above that I wouldn't mind too much about other characters as long as they weren't being Worshipped in the COH, I have to stress that this is a WRAITH WORSHIPPERS roleplay. I can understand why some people want to bring other characters in (I considered it myself at some point), but at the same time if we have too many other non-Wraith characters won't this affect the integrity of the game?

Comment

Just a short addition:

@WS: I see you deleted some of your post. I think you missunderstood me regarding treating actors respectfully. I never referred to you (or HR) personally. I meant it generally. Blame the English language for not having a proper impersonal pronoun (like German).
            Last edited by Gatecat; 07 April 2011, 09:14 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithSlave View Post
              Like Andee you were asking about earlier?
              Yes, but I didn't realize at the time that the real life actress might get upset. I never had that thought ran through my head.

And I'm sorry if I have made some people upset or caused some fights, that was certainly not my intention.
              Originally posted by WraithCat View Post
              Of course not befor HR asked, because no one got that idea before.
              It's usually like that with me
              Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
              Maybe a suggestion for HR: If you wanted an Andee-type character, perhaps a random Queen could have been subjected to the antivirus and ends up looking like Andee? (Don't hate me people, I just wondered if this could be a viable option)
              That's kinda what I thought as well, if I can't worship the real Andee that would be a viable option. I mean, if that's allowed in the games of course.
              My videos
              My art
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
                That's kinda what I thought as well, if I can't worship the real Andee that would be a viable option. I mean, if that's allowed in the games of course.
                Sorry I didn't see your initial request and I'm glad that you aren't offended. I am good with this new option. There could be a backstory as to how/why someone made a retrovirus for Queens and/or we could RP finding this new character in the game world. One suggestion, of course: name the character something other than Andee. You never know who will drop in these threads; Tyler himself showed up in WDC a few times when season 5 aired.

Comment

Ok, I feel I need to wade in here cos after a long hard day at work and having to carefully read THREE pages of sometimes heated posts, it seems to me like something somewhere has got outta hand here

As far as "worshipping" RL actors, that is a big no-no, plain and simple - it's against GW rules and thunking RL actors must be kept to the thunk threads for that person.

As for the idea of HR having a humanized wraith queen who looks like Andee, that's fine by me - BUT, as Orb rightly says, you must call her something else.

Now, Johnny Wraith (is that his name?) I wasn't around when he was introduced to the COH - I was a bit preoccupied trying not to get sacked from my job, so I had rather more important things to concern myself with and was conspicuous by my absense from the COH.

I thought he was one of the pirate Wraith from the old days of the AWTT and didn't realise he was modelled on Jack Sparrow until I saw the PhotoShopped piccie. By that time it was too late for me to say anything and I didn;t think there was that much harm in it as he was, after all, an OC Wraith (and certainly not Mr Depp himself).

I do think that the whole point of the COH is to kick back, chill out and worship Wraith.
                  I think if I were to come home and find pages and pages of RPing about something I knew nothing about I would not be inclined to join in.
                  I have to state at this point that personal tastes have nothing to do with it and no one is trying to insult anyone else's tastes.
                  I love Yautja but would not bring one into the COH and start snogging him and RPing him as one of my "boys".
                  Yes, I have a Yautja on one of my siggies, but come on - siggies are general and often used in other forums and are not part of the RPing.

Yes I joked that me RPing Yautja would make SW barf all over the place, but the real reason would be that not everyone will have seen the movies or read the books and so they may not know what the hell I was talking about when I said Scar's ki'cti-pa is not only huge but he handles it stunningly well!

Having non-wraith characters being RPed would make other people feel left out and that is the antithesis of what the COH is supposed to be about.

Unlike the other RPing threads where there is a plot and someone like me who never goes there can't join in because I haven't got a clue what the storyline is, the COH is meant to be the kind of thread that's fun, silly, even outrageous at times, BUT there's no plot so anyone can throw in at any time.

I don't like to see folks arguing, but even more I don't like to see anyone feel they are being forced out of the COH - and I would miss you lots, WS, because who would Steve tease if Shaun left?

But I hope you can understand why I feel non-Wraith as main RPing characters is not suitable.

I think we're all in agreement that RPing RL actors is not suitable.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                    Sorry I didn't see your initial request and I'm glad that you aren't offended. I am good with this new option. There could be a backstory as to how/why someone made a retrovirus for Queens and/or we could RP finding this new character in the game world. One suggestion, of course: name the character something other than Andee. You never know who will drop in these threads; Tyler himself showed up in WDC a few times when season 5 aired.
                    Maybe Dr Honeydew is behind it?
                    Tyler who?
                    Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                    As for the idea of HR having a humanized wraith queen who looks like Andee, that's fine by me - BUT, as Orb rightly says, you must call her something else.
                    I shall call her......Fandee
                    My videos
                    My art
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

Tyler who?
                        Tyler McClendon - he played Rhys, Kenny, Jareth and Tubbs. The Wraith names on this page are links to pics of them.

https://sites.google.com/site/wraith...ith-and-actors
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, tres drole... but methinks it needs to be a bit more different!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                            Tyler McClendon - he played Rhys, Kenny, Jareth and Tubbs. The Wraith names on this page are links to pics of them.

https://sites.google.com/site/wraith...ith-and-actors
                            Wait a minute....so an actual Stargate actor has been to this site!? How popular is it!? I only found Gateworld cause I was looking for Stargate screencaps

What did he do while he was here? Is he still here?
                            Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                            Hmmm, tres drole... but methinks it needs to be a bit more different!
                            Aw dang! I'll have to sleep about it then
                            My videos
                            My art
                            sigpic

Comment

Wait a minute....so an actual Stargate actor has been to this site!? How popular is it!? I only found Gateworld cause I was looking for Stargate screencaps

What did he do while he was here? Is he still here?
                              This was ages ago before Season 5 actually started. As far as I remember, there was a preview pic of Rhys and WDC members named him long before the episode was shown. One WDC member was a regular poster on Joseph Mallozzi's blog and she mentioned this. I'm guessing that JM told TM that his character was a big hit with WDC members just from a photograph and TM then called in to say hello.
                              sigpic

Comment

After several days of thinking, I decided, after today's discussion, that the wraith I will drop from my collection will be Johnny. I never intended for him to be used as argument on whether we can bring non-wraith characters in or not. I only meant for him to be used as some sort of comical relief for myself and to annoy my other wraith. I also never intended on worshipping him in any way. Yes, his appearance resembled a wraithified Jack Sparrow but I tried my best to keep him from acting like Jack's character. I've been in the game for some time now and can easily think of another way on how I get to Earth.

I wanted to drop one of my wraith since I adopted Astor as I didn't want to RP too many wraith at once. I am attached to Shadow and Alec so it was either going to be Johnny or Owen.
                                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Working...
                                X