Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
    That's OK Alec. If you hadn't I would've!
    He was a Wewads.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
      He was a Wewads.
      Yes he was
      My videos
      My art
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        So while the occasional cameo appearance by a non Wraith character can inject a bit of variety, I would say no to non-Wraith RP-ing characters in the COH, and all humanoid intruders may be eaten!
        Thanks for responding so quickly after work, TP.

Minifics seem to be a good outlet to imagine our Wraith visiting other worlds and meeting other humanoid fandom characters. To anyone not familiar with these, they are short stories of us with our adopted Wraith going offworld, having flashbacks, or having longer, private moments that are not well-suited to interactive RPing.

Here is a Discworld example that Draygon wrote as a gift for Cianwnn (she had Ciannwn's permission to write about Cianwwn's characters):
        http://wwanon.freeforums.org/wait-an...aygon-t93.html

Here is a romantic example by Bajka of her and Marek:
        http://wwanon.freeforums.org/a-littl...ka20-t107.html

Anyone can feel free to write minifics with themselves and their Wraith and share them here in OOC.

Comment

Talking of fics...

Chapters 1 to 6 of Kiss of Midnight are in the usual places.

This is a crossover fanfic of Yautja and Wraith. Still heavy on the Yautja side but Todd will make an entrance in the next couple of chapters.

And yes... I have succumbed to writing a story chapter-by-chapter. The reason being that I had written the 1st chapter just before all my problems started and figured if I didn't post it, the story would be put aside and never finished. It's meant I've written at least a chapter every week come what may, which I'm proud of
          sigpic
          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

*waves hello*

Been MIA in the wraith threads for a sometime. I don’t feel like I have anything to contribute or say at the moment. Lack of energy and motivation… Kenny and Bob can’t help me but they do keep me company…
            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
            Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

*waves hello to Geeky*

So glad to see you drop by! *hugs*

Comment

*waves back*

Thank you. I'm an introverted wraith so it's a bit difficult for me... *hug*
                Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
                  *waves back*

Thank you. I'm an introverted wraith so it's a bit difficult for me... *hug*
                  Me too, unless I am around scifi fans or artists. There are plenty of both here. Leeta just got a drawing tablet and HR is drawing and painting the Queens.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                    Me too, unless I am around scifi fans or artists. There are plenty of both here. Leeta just got a drawing tablet and HR is drawing and painting the Queens.
                    I would like to be contribute with more wraith art but I don't have the time at the moment.

Comment

So...

I cannot adopt a Star Wars Character.... i have seen other characters on here.... as Leeta said , she uses Jack sometimes... it is not like i will just use the character all the time if that is the case. This seems unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                        This is my opinion of course.

But I don't think any non-SG character should be made worshipable in the game unless you want turn them into a wraith. I think the only time it could be made into an exception is if you really want to 'worship' a non-wraith SG character. If you really want to worship or RP a non-SG character you can always wraithify them like I did with Johnny Wraith. Otherwise I think the game would loose its meaning if we started bringing in non-SG characters into it to be worshipped or RP'ed.

Someone else was asking, before WS, about bringing in one of the wraith actor's to worship. I don't think that should be allowed either. As much as I thunk over James Lafazanos, I don't think it would be appropiate to RP him as himself, or any of the other wraith actors.
                        Yeahhhhhh...

So in order to have a character i have to do this..

Spoiler:
                        Last edited by WraithSlave; 06 April 2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
                          About the non Wraith characters in the game. This is just my two cents. I think that Wraiths should be worshiped, but that we can bring in other in game characters for a short while. That is at least what I was thinking with the bum.
                          Like Andee you were asking about earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                            You are referring to Bib Fortuna, I suppose? This is an interesting question, and one we didn't encounter as such in the game before. I think we need to discuss that.

For example, TP loves the Yautja and Addict loves Cutler Beckett. And I bet everyone of us has secret (or not so secret) crushes on non-Wraith characters. Where would we draw the line? Would we all be willing to read about non-Wraith worshipping, without losing interest because the character does not appeal to us personally? That's something everyone has to decide for themselves.

Anther thing that has to be taken into consideration is, that it would at this point mostly influence the CO hive since WS plays there exclusively. TP is game master there so ultimately the decision is hers.

@WS: You could interpret this as making a fuss. I don't want to offend you, you simply asked a justified question we didn't discuss before. And I feel since so many of us have secret crushes it's worth to talk about it.
                            I would not waste my time doing this if it is all against 1.
                            I just think this is very unfair for someone to have another character from another movie, then "wraith" them in order to use them, it is still Jack, Johnny (ANOTHER CRUSH). BESIDES, if this was wraith worshipping forum, wouldn't it only be wraith and not other characters??? Or have even others suggest them as you say? As for HR asking for a human, Andee to worship as well, not wraith.
                            And if it effects the COH i will stop posting there as well.
                            Last edited by WraithSlave; 06 April 2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithSlave View Post
                              Yeahhhhhh...

So in order to have a character i have to do this..

Spoiler:
                              I thought you´d come up with this...
                              Johnny Wraith is based on a human, PA´s Kaspar is a Shapeshifter or a Fey, a mythological creature which looks mostly human. But wraithify a Twee`lek or other Aliens? If everyone would do that with their favourite Alien character the whole RPG would slip more into ludicrousness as it already is.

Originally posted by WraithSlave View Post
                              I would not waste my time doing this if it is all against 1.
                              I just think this is very unfair for someone to have another character from another movie, then "wraith" them in order to use them, it is still Jack, Johnny (ANOTHER CRUSH). BESIDES, if this was wraith worshipping forum, wouldn't it only be wraith and not other characters??? Or have even others suggest them as you say? As for HR asking for a human, Andee to worship as well, not wraith.
                              And if it effects the COH i will stop posting there as well.
                              Other non-Wraith characters are not worshipped, they are ONLY minor characters mostly everyone can use for a plot if needed. Mainly in the other RP threads, not the COH, as there is no plot... I think.

We just decided that actors should not be worshipped in the game world. It´s ok that you like a specific actor/actress, but that´s the Thunk-Threads for.

Don´t make a fool of the actors. Please let them their dignity, treat them with respect.
                              Last edited by Gatecat; 07 April 2011, 09:12 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

The way I see it, Johnny Wraith is mostly an occasional funny element in the plot and is not worshipped (Correct me if I missed something there ). And no, we can't just go around and wraithify any character just to worship them. As ciannwn rightly pointed out, characters belonging to series/movies not everyone has seen could pop up to be worshipped. Players would soon feel left out on the jokes if we started having characters from random fandoms. To come back to Johnny Wraith's example, even if you haven't seen Jack Sparrow and PotC you can laugh about Johnny's antics because he's not strictly bound to Jack's character but has developed his own quirks.

And I agree with everyone who has said before that role playing and worshipping real life actors would not only be tasteless but also most likely against GW policy. You can thunk for them, you can tell them publicly on the internet you want to have their babies, but you can't role play them. Imagine how you would feel if you saw your own RL name used on the internet in sentences like *'RLname' goes snogging mad_thunker_userX and they're making out behind the potted plants.*
                                Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 07 April 2011, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X