Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a Wraith Covered In All Flavours Of Chocolate religion?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      How about a Wraith Covered In All Flavours Of Chocolate religion?
      That'd be nice, but how about one flavor for each Wraith?
      My videos
      My art
      sigpic

Comment

For Kenny it would be coffee-flavoured dark chocolate.

Hm... let me think, for Rhys it would be whisky-flavoured milk chocolate and for Tommy white chocolate with M&Ms in it. Yummy!

Comment

Is there any way i can adopt a character from a different movie/series? like for example, jack sparrow was adopted, though he was in a different movie.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithSlave View Post
            Is there any way i can adopt a character from a different movie/series? like for example, jack sparrow was adopted, though he was in a different movie.
            You are referring to Bib Fortuna, I suppose? This is an interesting question, and one we didn't encounter as such in the game before. I think we need to discuss that.

GENERAL GAME DISCUSSION

@All: What do you think in general about adopting characters from other movies/shows?

Here's my two cents:
            We do have non-Wraith characters in the game world already. There are the nymphs and dryads and mythological creatures on the island as well as goathorses and miniature graboids, and characters from Discworld are mentioned frequently in minifics.

And of course there are the humans of Lantea and Chaya; all non-Wraith, but they are from the Stargate fandom and therefore acceptable.

It's true, Leeta has brought Johnny Wraith into the game and he's based on Jack Sparrow, a wraithified version of Jack though. PA wanted to bring her OC Kaspar into the game who has more than one form: Fey, Na'vi and Wraith.

I'm a bit hesitant to have full adoptable non-Wraith characters from other fandoms because that might distort the purpose of WWA. We are all players because we love swooning and thunking over Wraith and read each others' antics. But besides our combined love for the Wraith, tastes vary greatly. If we allow non-Stargate characters to be worshipped in the game, other players may want to adopt those too.

For example, TP loves the Yautja and Addict loves Cutler Beckett. And I bet everyone of us has secret (or not so secret) crushes on non-Wraith characters. Where would we draw the line? Would we all be willing to read about non-Wraith worshipping, without losing interest because the character does not appeal to us personally? That's something everyone has to decide for themselves.

Anther thing that has to be taken into consideration is, that it would at this point mostly influence the CO hive since WS plays there exclusively. TP is game master there so ultimately the decision is hers.

@WS: You could interpret this as making a fuss. I don't want to offend you, you simply asked a justified question we didn't discuss before. And I feel since so many of us have secret crushes it's worth to talk about it.

Comment

This is my opinion of course.

But I don't think any non-SG character should be made worshipable in the game unless you want turn them into a wraith. I think the only time it could be made into an exception is if you really want to 'worship' a non-wraith SG character. If you really want to worship or RP a non-SG character you can always wraithify them like I did with Johnny Wraith. Otherwise I think the game would loose its meaning if we started bringing in non-SG characters into it to be worshipped or RP'ed.

Someone else was asking, before WS, about bringing in one of the wraith actor's to worship. I don't think that should be allowed either. As much as I thunk over James Lafazanos, I don't think it would be appropiate to RP him as himself, or any of the other wraith actors.
              The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                I'm a bit hesitant to have full adoptable non-Wraith characters from other fandoms because that might distort the purpose of WWA. We are all players because we love swooning and thunking over Wraith and read each others' antics. But besides our combined love for the Wraith, tastes vary greatly. If we allow non-Stargate characters to be worshipped in the game, other players may want to adopt those too.
                I think the real problem would be in players' different tastes for fandoms. We could end up introducing characters from TV shows and movies which none of the other players watch or have watched.

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                Someone else was asking, before WS, about bringing in one of the wraith actor's to worship. I don't think that should be allowed either. As much as I thunk over James Lafazanos, I don't think it would be appropiate to RP him as himself, or any of the other wraith actors.
                I agree about it not being appropriate. I don't think GW forum rules would allow it either.
                sigpic

Comment

I think the real problem would be in players' different tastes for fandoms. We could end up introducing characters from TV shows and movies which none of the other players watch or have watched.

I agree about it not being appropriate. I don't think GW forum rules would allow it either.
                  *agrees too* This is (mainly) a Stargate forum and a Wraith RPG and we should keep it that way.

I doubt you´ll be allowed to worshipp (openly) a Wraith on a Star Wars forum or in an RPG, just as an example.....
                  Last edited by Gatecat; 06 April 2011, 05:08 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for kicking off the game discussion, DS, your post was both very professional and amiable. Here are my thoughts:

There are the nymphs and dryads and mythological creatures on the island as well as goathorses and miniature graboids
                    The bum and the leprechaun in the COH were also brief, fun antics for something to happen every now and then. These types of characters are generally used only briefly to give our Wraith more things to do, like throwing biscuits to a hydra, and they are not worshipped, given personalities, or always hanging around.

and characters from Discworld are mentioned frequently in minifics.
                    Minifics might be a good outlet for sharing having your Wraith meet characters of other fandoms. I don't know anything about Discworld but have enjoyed the minifics.

And of course there are the humans of Lantea and Chaya; all non-Wraith, but they are from the Stargate fandom and therefore acceptable.
                    I like interacting with non-Wraith Stargate characters in the formal RP threads to give the Wraith more things to do like get help from Atlantis to fight an enemy hive or something. But, I would not be happy about players worshipping human versions of Ronon and John in the COH, for example, and I feel the main cast of Lantean characters should not be worshipped unless someone creates an AU Wraithified version of them, for the same reasons below.

It's true, Leeta has brought Johnny Wraith into the game and he's based on Jack Sparrow, a wraithified version of Jack though. PA wanted to bring her OC Kaspar into the game who has more than one form: Fey, Na'vi and Wraith.
                    But I don't think any non-SG character should be made worshipable in the game unless you want turn them into a wraith.
                    Wraithifying a character helps us to know who we are RPing with and keeps a Wraith focus. It has worked well so far, especially with full bios for these OCs.

Would we all be willing to read about non-Wraith worshipping, without losing interest because the character does not appeal to us personally?
                    I confess I know I would find myself skimming these types of posts. I only care about Wraith abilities and features.

I'm a bit hesitant to have full adoptable non-Wraith characters from other fandoms because that might distort the purpose of WWA.
                    Those are my main concerns. Even if I have watched other fandoms, I am apt to not notice the other characters or to forget much about them.

I agree with this too. There are thunk threads set up for some of the actors and actresses which are more appropriate for appreciating real-life people.

Comment

I wanted to give you all a quick warning when using photobucket. I just got a virus on my laptop called vista anti virus 2011 from using that site even though I've used that site for years. I am also using the new firefox and I'm finding that it is crap at blocking pop ups now. The virus was blocking all my virus software and web browsers. I had to put my laptop into safe mode with command prompt and manually type in the command for the system restore. So far it seems ok now and no sign of a virus in the virus scan.

Comment

I wanted to give you all a quick warning when using photobucket. I just got a virus on my laptop called vista anti virus 2011 from using that site even though I've used that site for years. I am also using the new firefox and I'm finding that it is crap at blocking pop ups now. The virus was blocking all my virus software and web browsers. I had to put my laptop into safe mode with command prompt and manually type in the command for the system restore. So far it seems ok now and no sign of a virus in the virus scan.
                        Thanks for warning. I use Photobucket every day. I hope I didn`t catch a virus.
                        sigpic

Comment

About the non Wraith characters in the game. This is just my two cents. I think that Wraiths should be worshiped, but that we can bring in other in game characters for a short while. That is at least what I was thinking with the bum.
                          My videos
                          My art
                          sigpic

Comment

The random bum wasn't a problem. My cat Rush makes occasional appearances. I think its just the issue of worshipping non-wraith in a wraith worshipping rpg.

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
                            That is at least what I was thinking with the bum.
                            Alec: Um...yeah...about the bum...I may have...eaten him heheh >_>

Comment

That's OK Alec. If you hadn't I would've!
                              My videos
                              My art
                              sigpic

Comment

Alec: Um...yeah...about the bum...I may have...eaten him heheh >_>

And this will be a hazard for all non-wraith characters!

I've carefully read all the posts about non-wraith characters, especially in relation to the COH and it seems the general consensus is "no", which I'm happy to say that's my thought on the matter too.

As DS rightly pointed out, I'm into Yautja and vampires as well as Wraith, but apart from the occasional passing comment, I would not dream of RPing them in these threads, because we're Wraith Worshippers Anonymous and worship Wraith, not Yautja or vampires or elves or orcs or...
                                (Besides, SW hates Yautja and would be barfing all over the place... eeeuuuwww!)

I would especially be uncomfortable with the RP-ing of a RL person (ie. actor) and, as Ciannwn pointed out, I feel the relevant thunk threads are more appropriate places to "worship" actors.

So while the occasional cameo appearance by a non Wraith character can inject a bit of variety, I would say no to non-Wraith RP-ing characters in the COH, and all humanoid intruders may be eaten! After all, with Wraith AND chocolate in abundance, what more could you possibly need?
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X