Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
    Same. The dizziness is driving me insane. I'm just about to watch some Wraithy eps of Atlantis to rouse my spirits.

Tony: And perhaps something else

Addict: *facepalm*
    I once had dizziness from a neck injury obstructing my spine and it wasn't fun. If it doesn't go away soon, you should see a doctor. Dizziness can be caused by so many things, from the inner ears, to the thyroid, to electrolyte imbalance. *hugs*

Comment

Thankyou all. I'm still dizzy and therefore unable to do anything substantial. Mum and I think it might be anemia, so I've started taking iron supplements and hopefully will make it back to work for my shift on Tuesday. Tony is relieved though, he thought it was Hoffan plague mark two.

Tony: *flexes feeding hand*

Addict: Now that's just creepy.
      In 2007 I had really bad dizzy spells. It got to the point where, when I was working full time, I had to stop during my shift and sit down for it to stop. I went to the doctor and found out that my blood pressure was low so he told me to take iron pills to see if I got any better. I started taking them and they did work for me. My mom also started to make a lot of beef tacos (she's Mexican ) when I told her about it. She moaned that I wasn't eating enough meat and that was why I lacked iron. lol

But as Orb said go and definately see a doctor because it could be something simple to fix like what I had to do.
      The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
        In 2007 I had really bad dizzy spells. It got to the point where, when I was working full time, I had to stop during my shift and sit down for it to stop. I went to the doctor and found out that my blood pressure was low so he told me to take iron pills to see if I got any better. I started taking them and they did work for me. My mom also started to make a lot of beef tacos (she's Mexican ) when I told her about it. She moaned that I wasn't eating enough meat and that was why I lacked iron. lol

But as Orb said go and definately see a doctor because it could be something simple to fix like what I had to do.
        Here is a varied list of iron rich foods, in case that is the cause:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/t...ron-rich-foods

Comment

Thanks for the link Orb. Luckily though I don't get those dizzy spells like I use to.
          The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Dizzy spells sounds familiar. I get them every time when I overdo the computer work. My neck tends to tense up very quickly so if I forget to relax every now and then the dizziness comes back.

Comment

I agree with DS - I;ve had very similar symptoms. They turned out to be part of my Fibromyalgia, but Doc said I had to cut back as much as possible on computer time However, it did work.
              I;ve gradually increased computer time at home, but like DS, I have to take very frequent little breaks and do neck exercises.

Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

Edit: I also agree with Orb - if it;s not better very soon, you should see an doctor as they could be able to fix it quite simply. No need to suffer unnecessarily.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Thanks all

I'm going to see the doctor at midday today. Hopefully by late afternoon I have enough strength to drive 1.5 hours to Port Arthur. I'm definitely feeling better, but the dizziness is a persistent beast. I suppose the worst thing is, my job consists of me standing up, walking around and yelling at people (I refuse to use the personal boombox)... so being dizzy isn't ideal for that.

I'm going to try and eat more beans and eggs, and I already eat alot of wholegrains. I think what I really need is some S&P
                sigpic

Comment

ATS get well quickly or move to Sydney and I'll fix you up. I do animals so Wraithy's shouldn't be a problem

Q: Do Wraith have private quarters on a ship (Hive or Cruiser) and if they do, how would they look? How would Reese's quarters look? (would she have personal adornments?)

*wraithy hugz all around*

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                    ATS get well quickly or move to Sydney and I'll fix you up. I do animals so Wraithy's shouldn't be a problem

Q: Do Wraith have private quarters on a ship (Hive or Cruiser) and if they do, how would they look? How would Reese's quarters look? (would she have personal adornments?)

*wraithy hugz all around*
                    Humans are animals too (all that monkey DNA).

There was a glimpse of Michael's private hiveship quarters. It is plain, with a window looking out to the stars and a built-in daybed underneath. Dreamy, huh? He also has a metal table for quickly dropping off random belongings, including trophy Lantean weapons.

Spoiler:

door to the hallway:

window and daybed:

table:

Comment

I never really noticed how natural those quarters look. It's kind of like he's in a dark little forest grove surrounded by tree stumps. There even seems to be moss covering the lower half of the walls

I wonder just how springy that day bed would be... what, being organic and all
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                        Humans are animals too (all that monkey DNA).

There was a glimpse of Michael's private hiveship quarters. It is plain, with a window looking out to the stars and a built-in daybed underneath. Dreamy, huh? He also has a metal table for quickly dropping off random belongings, including trophy Lantean weapons.

Spoiler:

door to the hallway:

window and daybed:

table:

I never really noticed how natural those quarters look. It's kind of like he's in a dark little forest grove surrounded by tree stumps. There even seems to be moss covering the lower half of the walls

that is so cool, *runz away with ideas* Mwahahaha

Comment

Thanks all
                          I think what I really need is some S&P
                          Ooooh, don;t we all?

Steve: *rushes to Addict's place to give Tony a helping hand... so to speak...
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                            Ooooh, don;t we all?

Steve: *rushes to Addict's place to give Tony a helping hand... so to speak...
                            Oooooooh... Tony and Steve! This is even more intoxicating than the episode of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena I just watched
                            sigpic

Comment

Well... *thinks* Yup. Springy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ladies I thought i would post this here. Our Wraithies now have a private place to conduct "private" business http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...2#post12315952

this is their home away from the administrations of the hive

Comment

Working...
                                X