Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
    This reminds me of a game my friend Kai came up with yesterday. It's called "Find the Sun". It's designed to entertain small children. Considering the sun never comes out in Tas, it keeps them occupied for a very long time
    Sounds a lot like Scotland. At least we're back to normal Scottish winter weather now - coldish, wet and dull
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
      Sounds a lot like Scotland. At least we're back to normal Scottish winter weather now - coldish, wet and dull
      That sounds like the weather we had today... AND IT'S MEANT TO BE SUMMER!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
        That sounds like the weather we had today... AND IT'S MEANT TO BE SUMMER!
        Ah yes - I forgot to add - there's no difference between the average Scottish winter and the average Scottish summer!
        sigpic

Comment

Ah yes - I forgot to add - there's no difference between the average Scottish winter and the average Scottish summer!
          That sounds very familiar. The region where I live is notorious for its bad weather. Neither the people living fifty kilometers north nor south of us have such a bad weather. It's the mountains, they are nice to look at but they attract the rain. The significant difference between winter and summer is, you're freezing even more in the winter.

Comment

Yep, that sounds familiar, DS - and that it possibly rains more in summer than in winter!

Quite often we get a week or two of lovely spring weather in May - and occasionally a week or two of autumnal sunshine in October.

Perhaps Vitamin D supplements should be compulsory!
            sigpic

Comment

Where I am we get a freezing cold wind off the North Sea in winter and a not quite so freezing cold wind off the North Sea in summer.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                Just a general update: I went to see the doctor today and he gave me something to srtengthen my immune system. So fingers crossed I'll get finally rid of that stupid cold that's been bothering me for weeks. Still feeling crappy so RP posts will be sporadic.
                Hope you start to feel better soon, I know it can be hard when you're not feeling yourself *hugs*
                Thanks for the hugs and glomps.

@Orb: He gave me some herbal remedy to take five times a day. .
                Wow, my doctor would never recommend herbal supplements; I've read that on the continent (france, germany etc) that the doctors there are trained in the basics of non-drug remedies. I wish they'd be more open minded here
                Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                A few days out of every month, a large, mysterious, bright disc is visible in the sky here too. It's almost Mordor, but not quite.

Except there's yet more snow in the winter there
                Yep, that sounds familiar, DS - and that it possibly rains more in summer than in winter!

Quite often we get a week or two of lovely spring weather in May - and occasionally a week or two of autumnal sunshine in October.

Perhaps Vitamin D supplements should be compulsory!
                I started taking some a month ago, in a tablet combined with calcium and other vitamins, and I haven't had a migraine since; although I've been more careful about computer usage too, I think the supplement definitely is helping
                Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                Where I am we get a freezing cold wind off the North Sea in winter and a not quite so freezing cold wind off the North Sea in summer.
                Sounds familiar, since you're not far from me, at the top of the county

Comment

Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
                  Hope you start to feel better soon, I know it can be hard when you're not feeling yourself *hugs*

Wow, my doctor would never recommend herbal supplements; I've read that on the continent (france, germany etc) that the doctors there are trained in the basics of non-drug remedies. I wish they'd be more open minded here

I started taking some a month ago, in a tablet combined with calcium and other vitamins, and I haven't had a migraine since; although I've been more careful about computer usage too, I think the supplement definitely is helping
                  Thanks! *hugs* I didn't know there were such differences in the medical education. What I can say for sure is that not every doctor is this open-minded; many just prescribe antibiotics and be done with it. My doctor is more hesitant to use chemistry and antibiotics and relies on self-healing ablilites.
                  Like I said, the Vitamin D seems to work fine, I hope it'll work for you too.

Comment

Thanks! *hugs* I didn't know there were such differences in the medical education. What I can say for sure is that not every doctor is this open-minded; many just prescribe antibiotics and be done with it. My doctor is more hesitant to use chemistry and antibiotics and relies on self-healing ablilites.
                    Like I said, the Vitamin D seems to work fine, I hope it'll work for you too.
                    That's an ace doc you have there, DS. So good to hear alternatives are used, instead of just reaching for antibiotics.
                    sigpic

Comment

You're not alone!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
                        Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                        That's an ace doc you have there, DS. So good to hear alternatives are used, instead of just reaching for antibiotics.
                        I must be very lucky with my doctor then - he's a UK GP and he also prefers to try out natural and alternative paths before resorting to chemicals. So far we've had a lot of success in controlling my Fibromyalgia with supplements and acupuncture.
                        Oh, and he also discusses things with me fully and accepts that I have a brain and am at least as capable as he is of grasping basic medical concepts... I guess that makes him almost unique in the UK!
                        sigpic

Comment

I would like to have an in-game remedy for the Wraith enzyme, like Zaddik's hangover remedy.

Ciannwn, may I say that Zaddik helped Bernard and Konrad to invent some?

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                            I would like to have an in-game remedy for the Wraith enzyme, like Zaddik's hangover remedy.

Ciannwn, may I say that Zaddik helped Bernard and Konrad to invent some?
                            Of course you can. People are free to say Zaddik does something related to his profession whenever it's needed for a role playing or mini fic plotl
                            sigpic

Comment

Of course you can. People are free to say Zaddik does something related to his profession whenever it's needed for a role playing or mini fic plotl
                              Thanks much!

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                                I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when he didn't give me antibiotics. I've had this darn cold for weeks now and it's rather hard to keep going every day with a little toddler clinging to you, demanding attention. So my initial hope was the doc would just give me some magic remedy and I'd be sorted the next day. But of course he's right, I have to heal myself. Antibiotics are a bit of a double-edged sword and can leave a lot of damage in the body.

But. I spend the time I have to lie in bed in a productive way – I was having fun with Vincent. Um, wait, that sounded rather bad.

Tommy: No, that sounded about right.

What I meant to say was, I've written a minific about Vincent. Strangely I find he triggers my imagination more for writing fics than actually role playing him. This needs to change. I'll be introducing a supporting character for him as you will see.

Exploring The Galaxy
                                Vincent explores a mysterious solar system and unexpectedly finds himself under attack.

Fiction index and game guides (as well as backups) are updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X