Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Alec and Leeta.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
      I will take VERY good care of Alec and thanks!
      Orb: Congrats, Alec and Leeta!

Bullseye: *high-fives Alec*

Game guides and backups updated.

Comment

Congrats to Alec and Leeta

Comment

Congrats to Leeta - Alec will be well worshipped
          sigpic
          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Just to let y’all know that my physiotherapist has pin-pointed my arm pain to a postural problem in my neck vertebrae. I’m getting a course of treatment involving traction (painful), acupuncture (tedious but effective) and massage (blissful).

He thinks that my FM means that I am prone to musculoskeletal problems centred in my spine – remember the” sciatica” I had last year? Unfortunately it means that, at least on weekdays after I’ve spent all day at work in front of a computer, I have to keep my computer time to a minimum.

This week off work has been well timed in that I can stay off the computer all day and give my neck/shoulder/arm a achance to settle down.
            However, when I go back to work next week, I must leave my desk during lunch break and limit my computer time in the evenings.

But the good news is that, after the acupuncture I’m feeling a big improvement already – not just in reduced pain in my arm but also in my general, overall well-being. Because I seem to respond powerfully to acupuncture, my physio has recommended Tai Chi and Chi Ball exercises – basically anything that stimulates my Chi and gets it moving!

Steve, of course, is in his element, making sure I maintain correct posture ,do my exercises – and getting my Chi moving with lots of S&P!

I want to thank everyone for your support and good wishes, which really helped to get me through a very, very bad patch. Big hugs to everyone.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
              I want to thank everyone for your support and good wishes, which really helped to get me through a very, very bad patch. Big hugs to everyone.
              I hope the worst is over. It sounds like you are making a lot of progress now that you know what you are dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                I hope the worst is over. It sounds like you are making a lot of progress now that you know what you are dealing with.
                I hope so too. It's always easier when you know what the problem is - somehow you feel more in control, don;t you? At least I know if I keep mindful of my posture and work my Chi daily, I should at least be able to make sure my desk-bound computer-based job doesn't eat too much into my GW time

Steve: And lots of S&P gets the Chi moving you know!

sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear you're feeling better, TP.

Rhys: And always remember the S&P.

Comment

To TP - *Hugs* I'm so pleased you've found a way to tackle FM. Don't forget to leave your desk during tea breaks as well as your lunch break.
                    sigpic

Comment

Aah... we don't get tea breaks However, my physio has given me a letter for my line manager to say I must be allowed to leave my desk every hour to walk around the block (2 mins). I can do my posture exercises while I walk.

Steve: And we can fit in a little S&P behind the vending machines on the way back
                      sigpic

Comment

However, my physio has given me a letter for my line manager to say I must be allowed to leave my desk every hour to walk around the block (2 mins). I can do my posture exercises while I walk.
                        That's good. Tell Steve to remind you to do it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                          That's good. Tell Steve to remind you to do it.
                          Steve: Oh, hon, I won't forget

Hey! You're not getting S&P every hour!!!

Steve: Why not? Rhys does! Besides, it keeps your lifeforce on the move - it;s good for you!

He's been imposssible since he found out that Chi means lifeforce
                          sigpic

Comment

He's been imposssible since he found out that Chi means lifeforce

Maybe Chi is the mysterious life force Wraith are supposed to feed on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post

Maybe Chi is the mysterious life force Wraith are supposed to feed on.
                              Well, he was there when I was with the physio and we've been reading up on Tai Chi and acupuncture, and Steve is now convinced that IS the case! And I confess, the more I read about it, the more I;m inclined to agree... I have a similar "hyper" response to both acupuncture and S&P
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi all. Any chance of adding this for Alec's bio ?

Spoiler:
                                Alec- Crew member on Boris' hive but likes to frequent the chill out hive to be with Leeta. He is fairly tall for a wraith with long dreadlock hair and no visible tattoes. He is very willing to go into battle for his own people. He is also sometimes mistaken for being arrogant but he claims it's just confidence.
                                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Working...
                                X