Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    Those fainting goats are very odd.
    Like with Cavan the fainting is also an genetic disorder.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fainting_goat
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithCat View Post
      Like with Cavan the fainting is also an genetic disorder.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fainting_goat
      I wonder what one of Cavan's Iratus bug ancestors fed on just before laying an egg.
      sigpic

Comment

Love the story, Ciannwn
        Spoiler:
        I'm glad Michael found a way to help Cavan.

Also, after seeing those goats, I'd say your science makes much more sense than SGA science.

Comment

Originally posted by KyshaMalini View Post
          Love the story, Ciannwn
          Spoiler:
          I'm glad Michael found a way to help Cavan.

Also, after seeing those goats, I'd say your science makes much more sense than SGA science.
          Thank you.

Spoiler:
          I probably read about fainting goats having a genetic disorder some time in the past - if so, it's what gave me the idea for the cause of Cavan's problem but I wasn't consciously aware of it.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm interested in joining the rpg. Here are my ideas...

Bobb- an AU version of Bob. He looks scary but is
            actually a softie especially to his female human friend
            Leeta. They both met when she risked her life to heal his
            wounds after seeing his dart crash. He saw her actions as
            honorable and vowed to protect her for saving his life.

Leeta- a 25 year old human female healer with long brown
            hair and brown eyes. One day while collecting herbs for
            medicines she saw something in the sky come crashing
            down. She went to investigate and found a wounded wraith
            climbing out of the burning reckage. Despite the danger
            she helped him and they stuck together ever since though
            he has avoided to tell her why his dart crashed.
            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
              Welcome to WWA, Leeta!!!

It will be interesting to see the personality of Bobb as you develop his character. GeekyWraith's Bob likes to show off his charming smile and hand out expensive chocolate in the Chill-Out hive.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post

Bobb- an AU version of Bob. He looks scary but is
                actually a softie especially to his female human friend
                Leeta. They both met when she risked her life to heal his
                wounds after seeing his dart crash. He saw her actions as
                honorable and vowed to protect her for saving his life.

Leeta- a 25 year old human female healer with long brown
                hair and brown eyes. One day while collecting herbs for
                medicines she saw something in the sky come crashing
                down. She went to investigate and found a wounded wraith
                climbing out of the burning reckage. Despite the danger
                she helped him and they stuck together ever since though
                he has avoided to tell her why his dart crashed.
                The game guides (and backups) have been updated to include your characters.

If anyone has any changes to their character entries, please don't hesitate to ask me. I usually get them updated within 24 hours.

Comment

Now you mention it, Orb, I have updates for Steve, Seth, Spike and Greg, since they've developed a lot over the last couple of years.
                  I also have updates for Todd, Eddie and Aurel on SW's behalf.

I;ll try to finish them today and get them to you asap, certainly this week some time, if not today.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Hi Me again I have another question, and remember I didn't watch much SGA *raises forceshields*
                    Did the wraith have names for oneanother, if so, why and how did they get all these human names?
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

The wraith, if they had names, always refused to tell them to humans in the show, so the lantians named a few of them, eg. Todd and Steve. For others we use the back stage names, like Gordon and Darrell from the wraith discrimination video. We gave the rest of them human names, I think for the sake of clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                        Hi Me again I have another question, and remember I didn't watch much SGA *raises forceshields*
                        Did the wraith have names for oneanother, if so, why and how did they get all these human names?
                        They never explained this on the show. Due to the Queen in 'The Hive' asking John of which queen he spoke after he lies and says he worships a different queen, I think at least the queens gave their worshippers names to call them.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                          They never explained this on the show. Due to the Queen in 'The Hive' asking John of which queen he spoke after he lies and says he worships a different queen, I think at least the queens gave their worshippers names to call them.
                          Aha. Thanks, so when did humans start to give them names?
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

Aha. Thanks, so when did humans start to give them names?
                            John started it when "Steve" refused to give his name. John was always naming Wraith and newly discovered technology in SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                              John started it when "Steve" refused to give his name. John was always naming Wraith and newly discovered technology in SGA.
                              Ok thanks. So the Wraith never revealed there real names? Did they ever get annoyed at the humans for calling them human names. Did they answer to them if they were addressed by those names?
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok thanks. So the Wraith never revealed there real names? Did they ever get annoyed at the humans for calling them human names. Did they answer to them if they were addressed by those names?
                                The Wraith never revealed any of their names. There are many different non-cannon theories on Wraith names, ranging from names in Wraith language to names that can only transmitted telepathically by layers of different senses.

The Wraith never stated how they felt about human names, but Michael's queen seemed to scoff at the human name and uses it insultingly at him and Todd gives a pause before asking the SGA team if they suspect Michael as if he finds the Tau'ri name strange in concept or pronunciation (but seems to have no problem with John's name).

The Wraiths would answer humans only if they felt like it, regardless if nicknames were used.

Comment

Working...
                                X