Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
    Hi I'd like to join please.
    *Hugs*

Sorry I took so long to notice you - I was writing a post. I'm just off to put you in the list of players.

You're officially here so you don't have to wait for me to edit the posts before starting to play.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
      Hi I'd like to join please.
      The Kenny Owners Guide entry now reads -

Kenny (SGA Wraith) Mariellelita and geekywraith. Can be hugged at all times. For further Worshipping ask Mariellelita and geekywraith.. Can be Borrowed for mini fics without having to ask for permission. For Borrowing for role playing ask Mariellelita or geekywraith.. Ownership of this character can be shared with another player with permission from Mariellelita.

The first bit in red just needs confirmation that it still applies. The second bit in red is unlikely to apply now that you have joined but I don't want to delete it without being told to.

I've also put this in the Character Owners Guide for you -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....97&postcount=7

Geekywraith (player game alter ego) Geekywraith. For Borrowing for role playing ask Geekywraith. For Borrowing for mini fics ask Geekywraith.

This can be changed to anything you want if you aren't happy with it.

Anyway, I'm off now - it's nearly 3.50 am and I realised just how tired I am when I couldn't remember which thread the Character Guide and Characters Owner Guide are in.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
        *Hugs*

Sorry I took so long to notice you - I was writing a post. I'm just off to put you in the list of players.

You're officially here so you don't have to wait for me to edit the posts before starting to play.
        thanks ciannwn *hugs back*
        Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
        Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

It doesn't upset me which is why I didn't take her up on her offer. The whole point of this game discussion is just about coming up with an 'in game' explanation for Atlantis being on Earth for the TP Hive history while it's always been in Pegasus for the Kenny's Hive/Koffee Nirvana history.

All I'm wanting is for TP to either pick Daniel Jackson's old manuscript or a time anomaly for an explanation. If she doesn't like either of them she can come up with her own. She can even say that she'll let others figure it out as long as it doesn't involve alternate universes. If everyone else says it doesn't matter if there are major inconsistencies in the game world we can have a game world where their are major inconsistencies. Everyone agreeing on having major inconsistencies will be a lot better than half the players thinking one thing while half the players are thinking another
          I would probably go with this theory. Let Atlalntis be on Earth in the CO/TP hive world and in the in Pegasus for Kenny's Hive. I think everyone's mind can make the mental jump. Plus, if you continue to expand your worlds, you don't have to keep it all aligned. Keeping it all aligned would be a tremendous amount of work for anyone to undertake and would probably be more like to lead to conflict among players wanting to do different things in their separate worlds.
          sigpic
          Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

The real question here is what does TP want the Chill-Out Hive to be just so the rest of us know. It's currently associated with the game world but not actually a part of it. There's no reason at all why it can't become part of the game world for any kind of plot purpose if she thinks the original idea is too restrictive in that respect. Being associated with the game world just for the occasional plot wouldn't alter the internal purpose of the thread which is -

As such there are not so many "rules"... you don't have to knock, just come on in and pull up a recliner... talk about whatever you want to talk about... that includes real life if getting something off your chest will help you to relax!... post pics or drawings of pretty Wraith (any Wraith)... post fanfics now and then if they're relevant and not TOO long... admire each other's siggies (especially when our boys try to upstage each other and manipulate their siggies to try to tell us something!)...

Are Steve and Bob supposed to have been dead and resurrected in just the Chill-Out Hive but not in the other role playing threads so they're like different versions? On the other hand, are they supposed to have been dead and resurrected everywhere they go now? It would be helpful if the rest of us know even if nobody's planning on having one of their characters say "Hi, Steve. What's it like to be dead?"
            I don't think that this is something that has even been thought about. TP wrote her story a month or two ago, but didn't want to "release it" until I got a chance to look at it since I was in it. I was so busy that it wasn't until this weekend that I got to look at it. When she wrote the piece, I don't think the RP threads didn't even existed.

Then when Todd gave her the hive on her birthday, I think she just thought that the story would be a cool way to explain where the hive came from. I don't think she was thinking about the rest of the role playing world at all.

As far as our "dead" wraith........Like PA I think several of us "just thought we'd somehow magically resurrected them or that they'd never 'died'". We never put any thought into it. In the same way, we saw no real contradiction in having them magically resurrected in the story either. Maybe this is a question that needs to be addressed. Do any of us really care how or why they are now alive? I know I don't really care. They just are and that's enough. I can make jokes about "dead Steve" and it doesn't bother me. Yes, I know he's dead in the show but I also know he is alive for me.

Which takes you back to the question of does reality need to be the same in each world? Do you want separate realities in separate worlds?
            sigpic

Comment

The Kenny Owners Guide entry now reads -

Kenny (SGA Wraith) Mariellelita and geekywraith. Can be hugged at all times. For further Worshipping ask Mariellelita and geekywraith.. Can be Borrowed for mini fics without having to ask for permission. For Borrowing for role playing ask Mariellelita or geekywraith.. Ownership of this character can be shared with another player with permission from Mariellelita.
              If GW doesn't want Kenny borrowed for minifics without asking for permission, then I am willing for the first sentence in red to be changed. Also, I technically added the second sentence in red just in case GW decided to join, so since she did, I am willing to change this to:

"Ownership ... can be shared ... with permission from Mar or GW."

Or no sharing at all, since I don't know how GW feels about further sharing. If she is ok with further sharing, then I am.
              sigpic

Comment

How many times do I have to say it Ciannwn:

WHY DOES IT EVEN HAVE TO BE "EXPLAINED" IN THE FIRST PLACE? THE CO HIVE IS NOT IN YOUR GAME WORLD PROPER

I HAVE OFFERED TO REMOVE MY POST IN BORIS'S HIVE COUNTLESS TIMES

I FEEL LIKE I AM HITTING MY HEAD OFF A BRICK WALL HERE

Please READ all my previous posts in this thread over the entire weekend. You are hounding me with the same questions over and over and over again - and I have answered them over and over and over again.

I will NOT address this issue any longer - you HAVE your answer: TP's Hive and Seth are NOT part of your "game world proper" and I have deleted the post you fiund so offensive, Ciannwn.

How much clearer do I have to be????????????????
                Last edited by Todd's Pet; 26 May 2009, 02:08 AM.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

The posts you found so offensive, Ciannwn have now been deleted from Boris's hive thread.
                  Last edited by Todd's Pet; 26 May 2009, 02:09 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
                    What are you wanting here, Ciannwn. If her post upsets you, I think she offered to remove it earlier.
                    Same here. I thought she said numerous times that she was only going to play him in CO and TP hive threads. Why are we still arguing this?
                    Thank you SW!!! For a minute there I thought I was going MAD!!!

Yes, clearly I HAVE already adressed these issues you keep harrassing me with!
                    sigpic

Comment

I would probably go with this theory. Let Atlalntis be on Earth in the CO/TP hive world and in the in Pegasus for Kenny's Hive.
                      I think that's a really good idea and it's in keeping with the spirit of the Chill-Out Hive being associated with the game world but not actually a part of it. There's no reason at all why it can't be a kind of alternate version of the game world as covered by the other role playing threads.

I think everyone's mind can make the mental jump.
                      We wouldn't even have to bother about mental gymnastics when we're in the Chill-Out Hive.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=232

The purpose of the Chill-Out Hive is just that: to chill out and relax.

When we take our characters in there we needn't worry about what events from the main game world can be mentioned. We're chilling out and relaxing so it really doesn't matter if we mention them or not.

. admire each other's siggies (especially when our boys try to upstage each other and manipulate their siggies to try to tell us something!)..

We can lie back in recliners with drinks and watch the fun as your boys fight a battle of siggies. We could even make bets if we want to. We all know that the rules about where to post what don't apply in the Chill-Out Hive but nobody's ever cared about siggie battles not tying in with the main game world. They can happen in this role playing thread even though they don't happen in the others.

Plus, if you continue to expand your worlds, you don't have to keep it all aligned. Keeping it all aligned would be a tremendous amount of work for anyone to undertake and would probably be more like to lead to conflict among players wanting to do different things in their separate worlds.
                      The Planet/Kenny's Hive/Boris's Hive threads are aligned to a certain extent because it's useful for role playing. Shawn creates cakes and pastries for the Koffee Nirvana shops and goes to board meetings on Kenny's Hive. This gives Mar an opportunity to start a Koffee Nirvana plot which involves Boris's Hive.

Not bothering about main game world consistency in the Chill-Out Hive will also be useful for role playing -

Shawn also has secondary quarters in TP’s hive, which is now his second home.

If TP wants to play recipes with Shawn I can just alternate between role playing threads without anyone having to wonder whether he's supposed to be on TP's Hive or at a board meeting on Kenny's Hive.

Then when Todd gave her the hive on her birthday, I think she just thought that the story would be a cool way to explain where the hive came from. I don't think she was thinking about the rest of the role playing world at all.
                      It is a cool way to explain where the hive came from.

As far as our "dead" wraith........Like PA I think several of us "just thought we'd somehow magically resurrected them or that they'd never 'died'".
                      I went for the never died in the first place option for Boris because the SGA one got blown up with a drone by Beckett - how could he have had a lucky escape from that?

In the same way, we saw no real contradiction in having them magically resurrected in the story either. Maybe this is a question that needs to be addressed. Do any of us really care how or why they are now alive?
                      It doesn't bother me at all that Steve and Bob got resurrected by game SW using cosmic energy in the story. I was just very confused as to whether this is meant to be a Chill-Out Hive exclusive or regarded as part of the main game world as well. If we take our characters to the Chill-Out Hive thread they might hear about it but are they supposed to mention it in the Planet/Boris's Hive/Kenny's hive role playing threads?

Which takes you back to the question of does reality need to be the same in each world? Do you want separate realities in separate worlds?
                      As far as I'm concerned, Chill-Out Hive 'reality' needn't be exactly the same as the game world proper 'reality'. It doesn't bother me if my characters chat to 'resurrected' Steve when they're in the Chill-Out Hive thread even though the Steve they meet up with in the other role playing threads never died in the first place. On the other hand, it doesn't bother me if Steve is 'resurrected' Steve in the other role playing threads too now.

The real problem was two different histories for Atlantis.but you've come up with a neat solution to that. It's still on Earth in the Chill-Out Hive thread and in Pegasus in the main game world. If we all think of game world proper Atlantis as having come back to Pegasus after the events in TP's story, we don't have to end up going if TP ever feels like role playing Sethiroph in the Pllanet thread or game TP mentions being a Queen on a hive with an Ancient control chair in the Boris's Hive thread.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
                        If GW doesn't want Kenny borrowed for minifics without asking for permission, then I am willing for the first sentence in red to be changed. Also, I technically added the second sentence in red just in case GW decided to join, so since she did, I am willing to change this to:

Or no sharing at all, since I don't know how GW feels about further sharing. If she is ok with further sharing, then I am.
                        OK - I won't alter anything until we've heard from GW.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think that's a really good idea and it's in keeping with the spirit of the Chill-Out Hive being associated with the game world but not actually a part of it. There's no reason at all why it can't be a kind of alternate version of the game world as covered by the other role playing threads.

We wouldn't even have to bother about mental gymnastics when we're in the Chill-Out Hive.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=232

The purpose of the Chill-Out Hive is just that: to chill out and relax.

When we take our characters in there we needn't worry about what events from the main game world can be mentioned. We're chilling out and relaxing so it really doesn't matter if we mention them or not.

. admire each other's siggies (especially when our boys try to upstage each other and manipulate their siggies to try to tell us something!)..

We can lie back in recliners with drinks and watch the fun as your boys fight a battle of siggies. We could even make bets if we want to. We all know that the rules about where to post what don't apply in the Chill-Out Hive but nobody's ever cared about siggie battles not tying in with the main game world. They can happen in this role playing thread even though they don't happen in the others.

The Planet/Kenny's Hive/Boris's Hive threads are aligned to a certain extent because it's useful for role playing. Shawn creates cakes and pastries for the Koffee Nirvana shops and goes to board meetings on Kenny's Hive. This gives Mar an opportunity to start a Koffee Nirvana plot which involves Boris's Hive.

Not bothering about main game world consistency in the Chill-Out Hive will also be useful for role playing -

Shawn also has secondary quarters in TP’s hive, which is now his second home.

If TP wants to play recipes with Shawn I can just alternate between role playing threads without anyone having to wonder whether he's supposed to be on TP's Hive or at a board meeting on Kenny's Hive.

It is a cool way to explain where the hive came from.

I went for the never died in the first place option for Boris because the SGA one got blown up with a drone by Beckett - how could he have had a lucky escape from that?

It doesn't bother me at all that Steve and Bob got resurrected by game SW using cosmic energy in the story. I was just very confused as to whether this is meant to be a Chill-Out Hive exclusive or regarded as part of the main game world as well. If we take our characters to the Chill-Out Hive thread they might hear about it but are they supposed to mention it in the Planet/Boris's Hive/Kenny's hive role playing threads?

As far as I'm concerned, Chill-Out Hive 'reality' needn't be exactly the same as the game world proper 'reality'. It doesn't bother me if my characters chat to 'resurrected' Steve when they're in the Chill-Out Hive thread even though the Steve they meet up with in the other role playing threads never died in the first place. On the other hand, it doesn't bother me if Steve is 'resurrected' Steve in the other role playing threads too now.

The real problem was two different histories for Atlantis.but you've come up with a neat solution to that. It's still on Earth in the Chill-Out Hive thread and in Pegasus in the main game world. If we all think of game world proper Atlantis as having come back to Pegasus after the events in TP's story, we don't have to end up going if TP ever feels like role playing Sethiroph in the Pllanet thread or game TP mentions being a Queen on a hive with an Ancient control chair in the Boris's Hive thread.
                          ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
                          I thought that all of this was what we were all already doing in the first place!!!! So why have I spent all weekend virtually in tears and banging my head off a brick wall trying to say exactly this????????

Believe me, Ciannwn, I can assure you that TP as a hive queen and her Commander Seth will NEVER be mentioned outside the CO Hive. You have my guaruntee of that, because I NEVER want to have to spend another weekend like this one has been!
                          sigpic

Comment

First of all: Welcome, geekywraith, I'm happy that you joined us. *big hug*

Take my vote for that: two different versions of Atlantis in the Co hive and in the Kenny/Boris/Planet threads.

This is sci-fi, we can do everything we like.

Just for the statistics even though maybe no one is interested: I always thought of my boys never dying in the first place. Tommy escaped Midway station through one of the stargates somehow and Rhys escaped the explosion and went to see a Wraith doctor afterwards.

Rhys: Look at my hand, good as new.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                              First of all: Welcome, geekywraith, I'm happy that you joined us. *big hug*

Take my vote for that: two different versions of Atlantis in the Co hive and in the Kenny/Boris/Planet threads.

This is sci-fi, we can do everything we like.

Just for the statistics even though maybe no one is interested: I always thought of my boys never dying in the first place. Tommy escaped Midway station through one of the stargates somehow and Rhys escaped the explosion and went to see a Wraith doctor afterwards.

Rhys: Look at my hand, good as new.
                              i agree with you DS

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post

One of you might want to send her a PM asking her these questiions. She doesn't know her way around here at all; I had to give her links to get here to say she wanted to join last night and to the CO hive and Kenny's hive. She's really worried about unintentionally breaking a rule or saying something wrong and offending someone and told me she's just going to "lurk" mostly for now. I"ve tried to convince her that the CO hive is basically just like the old thunker threads and that she doesn't need to worry there at least.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X