Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
    I know I said I was leaving but... oh well.

I just thought we'd follow the seasons of SGA storylines and use that as the basis, thereby making me think that TP's story was in with the game time too.

I just thought we'd somehow magically resurrected them or that they'd never 'died', I didn't realise they were AU in any way....maybe that's just me being dense I created an escape plan for Aurora, so for me Aurora isn't AU, he's 'canon' but non-canon too, because in the series he died.
    That's precisely the lines I was thinking along as well... the thought never even occurred to me that I'd have to come up with some kind of "explanation" for "adopting" a "dead" wraith!!! I just never thought Steve was dead anyway!

I didn;t know Atlantis never got to Earth elsewhere in the RPG threads, or I would never have posted the link to the story. I was not aware that we were having to be that "consistent". I thought it was all just meant to be fun thunking with an RP "twist"!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Right, I really am going now so see you all tomorrow night, hugs to everyone, I really hope we can sort this out very soon.
      Craig: Me too, I want my mini fic putting up on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        I didn;t know Atlantis never got to Earth elsewhere in the RPG threads, or I would never have posted the link to the story. I was not aware that we were having to be that "consistent". I thought it was all just meant to be fun thunking with an RP "twist"!
        It's a good story and it gives a nice history to TP's Hive which you're bringing into the game world proper.

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel
        I just thought we'd follow the seasons of SGA storylines
        The WWA role playing game is based on Stargate Atlantis but there are major differences such as -

1: There's a version of Terry Pratchett's Discworld in a far flung corner of Pegasus.

2: There's a Wraith running a coffee empire with shops on Earth and some of the planets in Pegasus.

3: Hive ships can have spas, meditation rooms, restaurants, zoos full of bizarre creatures or even an amusement park with a roller coaster.

4: There's a clan of Scottish Wraith living in a hill fort on a tropical island.

I can't see any of the above turning up in a future SGA movie so I don't think we're obliged to follow the time line of the SGA series. if it's inconvenient to do so. There's no reason at all why Atlantis couldn't have gone to Earth and then come back before all the Worshippers turned up in the game world scenario.

Anyway, back to the AU Wraith controversy. If somebody really wants an Erik, for example, it can easily be arranged. He just falls into the game world universe from an alternate one.(like a lot of things in the game have). The new battle cruiser has the wormhole device which was used to rescue Gabriel so another possibility is for an AU version of Erik being brought back after an excursion.

Would it bother me in the slightest if somebody wanted to do this? Not at all because I see my characters as being AU versions of the SGA ones anyway. Alternate universes with people meeting different versions of themselves is something I'm so used to in sci-fi that multiple Erik's wouldn't upset me or make me feel that someone had stolen my character. My character would be the Erik I developed. An AU Erik would be somebody else's character and they could develop him in any way they wanted to. They could choose to make him similar to my character (the Erik's personal histories were similar in their respective universes) or very different (the Erik's personal histories were very different in their respective universes).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
          It's a good story and it gives a nice history to TP's Hive which you're bringing into the game world proper.

The WWA role playing game is based on Stargate Atlantis but there are major differences such as -

1: There's a version of Terry Pratchett's Discworld in a far flung corner of Pegasus.

2: There's a Wraith running a coffee empire with shops on Earth and some of the planets in Pegasus.

3: Hive ships can have spas, meditation rooms, restaurants, zoos full of bizarre creatures or even an amusement park with a roller coaster.

4: There's a clan of Scottish Wraith living in a hill fort on a tropical island.

I can't see any of the above turning up in a future SGA movie so I don't think we're obliged to follow the time line of the SGA series. if it's inconvenient to do so. There's no reason at all why Atlantis couldn't have gone to Earth and then come back before all the Worshippers turned up in the game world scenario.

Anyway, back to the AU Wraith controversy. If somebody really wants an Erik, for example, it can easily be arranged. He just falls into the game world universe from an alternate one.(like a lot of things in the game have). The new battle cruiser has the wormhole device which was used to rescue Gabriel so another possibility is for an AU version of Erik being brought back after an excursion.

Would it bother me in the slightest if somebody wanted to do this? Not at all because I see my characters as being AU versions of the SGA ones anyway. Alternate universes with people meeting different versions of themselves is something I'm so used to in sci-fi that multiple Erik's wouldn't upset me or make me feel that someone had stolen my character. My character would be the Erik I developed. An AU Erik would be somebody else's character and they could develop him in any way they wanted to. They could choose to make him similar to my character (the Erik's personal histories were similar in their respective universes) or very different (the Erik's personal histories were very different in their respective universes).

...and there is a goa'uld too looooooooooooool

Comment

I'm not bringing TP's hive into your "game world proper" - TP's hive will either:

1. Be docked to Steve's hive (old Steve thunk thread)

2. Be docked to Todd's hive (Chill-out hive)

3. Be out on pirating adventures throughout the universe

TP's hive does not impinge on your RPG world - I;ve been hitting my head off a brick wall all weekend trying to say that!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

While we are dealing with issues, I have one other issue I would like to bring up. When the RP community made the transition from the thunker pages to the role playing pages, one member, Geekywraith, got left behind. She played often on the Kenny and Steve threads; she may not have entered the uberhive though. She always shared her wraith, Kenny, with Mar in the same way that TP and I share Steve and Todd. Somehow her name was never entered into the list of players and she was left wraithless and behind. I have talked to Mar and she has no problem sharing Kenny with Mar down here any more than she did in the thunker pages. I am purposing that this oversight be recify and that her name be added to the list of players down here.
              sigpic
              Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                TP's hive does not impinge on your RPG world - I;ve been hitting my head off a brick wall all weekend trying to say that!
                From the Boris's Hive role playing thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=887

TP's hive has the ancient control chairwhich Todd stole from Atlantis when they escaped Earth and so she can fly her hive using that as TP has the ancient gene.

It already has impinged on the game world covered by The Planet/Kenny's Hive/ Boris's Hive/On Board Hive 95 role playing threads. Then there's your character Sethiroph.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....25&postcount=6

Sethiroph was the original Commander of TP's hive

Which role playing threads do you want to role play him in?

Does it matter if some of the Enemy At The Gate events took place in the game world before the rest of the Worshippers met up with the Wraith? Not at all as long as Atlantis came back to Pegasus so it was there for the Koffee Nirvana scenario background. Daniel Jackson finding an old manuscript leading SG-1 to more ZPMs would explain it. I said some of the events because WraithCat has Jareth from that episode so he obviously had a lucky escape in the game world like PA's Aurora.

If you like you can have a time anomaly where Todd returned to Pegasus at a time before he was taken to Earth. It changed the time line so Atlantis didn't go to Earth and never does now. This kind of changed time line was the plot of The Last Man in which Ronon, Teyla, Kelle, Carter and Todd originally died - Rodney's actions pressed the big reset button, though, so they didn't die in the new time line.

We can forget the Before I Sleep type plot which had two Elizabeth Weirs in it unless anyone fancies the idea of having one Atlantis on Earth and another in Pegasus along with two sets of Atlantis expedition characters. Does anyone want to have two Rodneys around? If so, here's your chance. What about the details of how this came about? We take a leaf out of TPTB's book for SGA and be as vague as we are when it comes to our characters getting to Earth and back.
                sigpic

Comment

From the Boris's Hive role playing thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=887

TP's hive has the ancient control chairwhich Todd stole from Atlantis when they escaped Earth and so she can fly her hive using that as TP has the ancient gene.

It already has impinged on the game world covered by The Planet/Kenny's Hive/ Boris's Hive/On Board Hive 95 role playing threads.
                  What are you wanting here, Ciannwn. If her post upsets you, I think she offered to remove it earlier.
                  sigpic

Comment

Then there's your character Sethiroph.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....25&postcount=6

Sethiroph was the original Commander of TP's hive

Which role playing threads do you want to role play him in?
                    Same here. I thought she said numerous times that she was only going to play him in CO and TP hive threads. Why are we still arguing this?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
                      While we are dealing with issues, I have one other issue I would like to bring up. When the RP community made the transition from the thunker pages to the role playing pages, one member, Geekywraith, got left behind. She played often on the Kenny and Steve threads; she may not have entered the uberhive though.
                      The news about the RPG game was posted in all the thunk threads including the Kenny (and Tyler) Thunk/Appreciation thread. This one is by Todd's Pet made on April 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=808

This one is by me made on April 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=810

Special Note To Kenny Owners

If you're going to join us in the game which is being set up in the RPG forum we will add a third role playing thread called Kenny's Hive or whatever you want to call it.-

Even though geekywraith made her post on April 26th, 2009, 04:03 AM it's number 812 and on exactly the same page as TP's and my news posts about the RPG game being set up.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=812

She always shared her wraith, Kenny, with Mar in the same way that TP and I share Steve and Todd. Somehow her name was never entered into the list of players and she was left wraithless and behind.
                      Her name wasn't entered because she never came along here and said she wanted to play in the RPG version of the game. NormaN who was in the AWTT thread knew about the RPG game but his name isn't included either because he he never said he wanted to play.

I have talked to Mar and she has no problem sharing Kenny with Mar down here any more than she did in the thunker pages.
                      Mar's Character Owner Guide entry for Kenny includes this -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....00&postcount=8

Ownership of this character can be shared with another player with permission from Mariellelita.

She did this in case geekewriath decided to join the RPG forum game and wanted to share Kenny with her as she did in the Kenny (and Tyler) Thunk/Appreciation thread. Since then we've all been waiting for her to turn up.

I am purposing that this oversight be recify and that her name be added to the list of players down here.
                      Does she actually want to play in here? If so, tell her to come along and make an announcement in this thread saying that she wants to join. The Kenny entry for the Character Owners Guide will then be amended so her name appears with Mar's. All geekywraith has to do is provide a brief description of game geekywraith for the Character Owners Guide.
                      sigpic

Comment

The news about the RPG game was posted in all the thunk threads including the Kenny (and Tyler) Thunk/Appreciation thread. This one is by Todd's Pet made on April 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=808

This one is by me made on April 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=810

Special Note To Kenny Owners

If you're going to join us in the game which is being set up in the RPG forum we will add a third role playing thread called Kenny's Hive or whatever you want to call it.-

Even though geekywraith made her post on April 26th, 2009, 04:03 AM it's number 812 and on exactly the same page as TP's and my news posts about the RPG game being set up.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=812

Her name wasn't entered because she never came along here and said she wanted to play in the RPG version of the game. NormaN who was in the AWTT thread knew about the RPG game but his name isn't included either because he he never said he wanted to play.

Mar's Character Owner Guide entry for Kenny includes this -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....00&postcount=8

Ownership of this character can be shared with another player with permission from Mariellelita.

She did this in case geekewriath decided to join the RPG forum game and wanted to share Kenny with her as she did in the Kenny (and Tyler) Thunk/Appreciation thread. Since then we've all been waiting for her to turn up.

Does she actually want to play in here? If so, tell her to come along and make an announcement in this thread saying that she wants to join. The Kenny entry for the Character Owners Guide will then be amended so her name appears with Mar's. All geekywraith has to do is provide a brief description of game geekywraith for the Character Owners Guide.
                        Well, obviously she didn't understand she needed to do this so being quiet and shy she probably just left. I'm just trying to get her back in with the rest of us so she can play again. It's hard when you are really shy. I was painfully shy like that when I was her age so I know what it's like.

So is this all she needs to do...write a brief description of game geekywraith and VM or PM it to you?

Edit: I've told her to she needs to write the description and then email it to me. I'll post it here once she does. Thank you so much for acting on this so promptly.
                        Last edited by Starry Waters; 25 May 2009, 06:17 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

She wants to know if this is okay.

Geekywraith (Player game alter ego) Average height, slender and with long dark hair and only wear black cloths. Geekywraith is mysterious, quiet, intelligent and a bit odd. She is not very good with dealing humans even if she is one... She worships the wraith. Kenny is one of her favorite wraith. They are both coffee fiends.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi I'd like to join please.
                            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
                            Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Hi GW.
                              sigpic

Comment

What are you wanting here, Ciannwn. If her post upsets you, I think she offered to remove it earlier.
                                It doesn't upset me which is why I didn't take her up on her offer. The whole point of this game discussion is just about coming up with an 'in game' explanation for Atlantis being on Earth for the TP Hive history while it's always been in Pegasus for the Kenny's Hive/Koffee Nirvana history.

All I'm wanting is for TP to either pick Daniel Jackson's old manuscript or a time anomaly for an explanation. If she doesn't like either of them she can come up with her own. She can even say that she'll let others figure it out as long as it doesn't involve alternate universes. If everyone else says it doesn't matter if there are major inconsistencies in the game world we can have a game world where their are major inconsistencies. Everyone agreeing on having major inconsistencies will be a lot better than half the players thinking one thing while half the players are thinking another

I thought she said numerous times that she was only going to play him in CO and TP hive threads.
                                The real question here is what does TP want the Chill-Out Hive to be just so the rest of us know. It's currently associated with the game world but not actually a part of it. There's no reason at all why it can't become part of the game world for any kind of plot purpose if she thinks the original idea is too restrictive in that respect. Being associated with the game world just for the occasional plot wouldn't alter the internal purpose of the thread which is -

As such there are not so many "rules"... you don't have to knock, just come on in and pull up a recliner... talk about whatever you want to talk about... that includes real life if getting something off your chest will help you to relax!... post pics or drawings of pretty Wraith (any Wraith)... post fanfics now and then if they're relevant and not TOO long... admire each other's siggies (especially when our boys try to upstage each other and manipulate their siggies to try to tell us something!)...

Are Steve and Bob supposed to have been dead and resurrected in just the Chill-Out Hive but not in the other role playing threads so they're like different versions? On the other hand, are they supposed to have been dead and resurrected everywhere they go now? It would be helpful if the rest of us know even if nobody's planning on having one of their characters say "Hi, Steve. What's it like to be dead?"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X