Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs Ciannwn* Thanks for everything you did for the game.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
      Maybe the rules need to be condensed to be fewer and simple? Just keep it at no borrowing without permission.
      There's only 3 rules - No Borrowing without permission, no Worshipping without permission and which threads to post stuff in if it isn't role playing. The most complicated instructions are to do with joining but I was trying to come up with a method that doesn't depend on me being here all the time to update the records. The way it's set up now means that new players can still join and get registered even if I'm ill or on holiday as I will be for a week in August.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
        There's only 3 rules - No Borrowing without permission, no Worshipping without permission and which threads to post stuff in if it isn't role playing. The most complicated instructions are to do with joining but I was trying to come up with a method that doesn't depend on me being here all the time to update the records. The way it's set up now means that new players can still join and get registered even if I'm ill or on holiday as I will be for a week in August.
        Ok, then those are good then. Maybe I was just confused with the instructions. Just ignore what I wrote then, I have bad memory.
        sigpic

Comment

If I set the cat (Wraith) among the pigeons, I apologise, as it was certainly not my intention. I did feel there was a bit of flak, but as the written word is a difficult medium, particularly when dealing with topics people can find personal - there being no input from visual clues or nuance of speech - I hope you will find it in yourselves to forgive me if I've been offensive in any way.

Also, ciannwn, please don't think I leapt to your defense because I believe you incapable of mounting one for yourself if required.
          sigpic

Comment

*passes out iced tea and chocolate chip cookies*
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry if I caused trouble, didn't want to upset anyone.

I'm off for today, goodnight everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                Ciannwn had said there were things I couldnlt do because other wraith were dead and hadn't been ressurrected in my story, or some such thing that IMHO was a minor and unimportant detail !
                Your story was as much of a curve ball to me as getting your own hive was to you. Spoilers again in case some people still haven't read it yet.

Spoiler:
                As TP and Steve turn up on The Planet and Shawn now has a second home on TP's hive it means that resurrecting the dead with cosmic energy has become part of the game world. A lot of things have entered the game world through mini fics so this is hardly going to be the exception. When I had time to think about it I came up with the following explanations -

1: Alec, Bladwin and Owen came into the game world along with TP's hive. As they were all in The Siege they could have been amongst those dozens of Wraith who got resurrected in the story. Bob got killed in Atlantis and Steve had a strong connection to it.

2: The other SGA Wraith in our game world didn't need to be resurrected because they never died in the first place. It's not the same fictional universe as the SGA show is set in so it doesn't matter that Boris didn't get blown up with a drone or Michael didn't fall off an Atlantis tower.

3: Resurrecting the dead is no more bizarre in the game world than Sith, Isolde using magic or Crockett chatting to Nature spirits. Being able to resurrect lunches would be useful for Wraith and they could also end up being more popular with the humans because of it, especially the ones from Earth.

3: Atlantis got back to Pegasus because Daniel founda manuscript with clues leading to a ZPM. Nobody's mentioned the control chair being used in the role playing so no explanation is needed. If one had been needed, well, Daniel's team found an Ancient installation in the Milky Way complete with chair and spare ZPMs so they just took it and installed it on Atlantis in place of the one that Todd nicked.

4: Bob was in the Pirate Camp for a while. I'm actually interested in why he went there after he was resurrected because being brought back from the dead must have made some kind of impression on him. I could write a mini fic about him wanting to go away to come to terms with it and find himself again etc. but you've adopted the character now and I don't share him. Anything I came up with could conflict with how you want to develop him in the future.

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                Like what Mar said above - does it really MATTER where her camp is - just walk in and say hello, for goodness sake??? We surely donlt need to have a map and detailed history for EVERYTHING????????
                I honestly couldn't come up with any reason why Boris, Ciannwn, Neo, Fred, Gawain, Shawn or Erik should be walking around the Island and just happen to find the camp. I suppose Elric could have discovered it while out looking for nuts and berries but he's a kind of background extra and I just didn't fancy trying to use him.
                sigpic

Comment

I just looked at your last post in the Planet thread. I can't think of anything to say in reply because none of my characters know where your temporary camp is - this means they're unable to walk in and say hello.
                  This was what lit the fuse under my blue touch paper... why does it even matter where Mar's temp camp is? It certainly shouldn't stop anyone from RP-ing with her.

If folk think my fic caused a prob, then just ignore it. It really is NOT that important. SW's "cosmic energy" trick was merely a plot device, a piece of fun, something me and SW played with a while back - it doesnlt make the slightest bit of difference to anyone else's fantasy world or their RP-ing.

Lighten up! You guys need to spend more time in the Chill-out Hive!!!!!
                  Last edited by Todd's Pet; 23 May 2009, 01:45 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

No, no. I'll post where my camp is the next time.

How about, everyone else's fics except for TP's are canon in the game unless stated otherwise? That way, TP can make up stuff for her fic and it won't count. It will be like the Vegas episode. And if Draygon, Ciannwn, me, or someone else makes a fic, it is canon unless we say it is not.?
                    sigpic

Comment

Goodnight, all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Goodnight, all.
                        Night, hon, sleep well *hug*
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Goodnight, all.
                          Night Mar
                          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                          sigpic

Comment

No, no. I'll post where my camp is the next time.
                            Earlier on in the Boris's Hive thread I said that Boris, Ciannwn, Neo, Fred and Gawain were off to TPD-123. This just left me with Shawn and Erik and neither of them have any interest in going for walks around the island. If Erik had known Beckett was there he might well have paid a visit in hope of picking up some information about what's happening on Atlantis, though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Earlier on in the Boris's Hive thread I said that Boris, Ciannwn, Neo, Fred and Gawain were off to TPD-123. This just left me with Shawn and Erik and neither of them have any interest in going for walks around the island. If Erik had known Beckett was there he might well have paid a visit in hope of picking up some information about what's happening on Atlantis, though.
                              Then I guess I will have to bring Carson around more often. I would love it if Erik and Shawn came to the island. I will bring him back tomorrow then.

I did read where you said that you and other were going off to TPD-123. I didn't think you guys left yet since it wasn't posted. I will have to have game Mar come by and ask how the trip went if you all come back tomorrow.
                              sigpic

Comment

Then I guess I will have to bring Carson around more often. I would love it if Erik and Shawn came to the island. I will bring him back tomorrow then.
                                I could get Erik there but Shawn's only interested in the island if there's a party going on in The Lab. It doesn't have any restaurants serving cordon bleu food.

I did read where you said that you and other were going off to TPD-123. I didn't think you guys left yet since it wasn't posted.
                                They were all getting their sword and sorcery heroes costumes ready because it's what heroes on TPD-123 wear for real clothes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X