Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My poem -

Boris and Fred are just for me
    Because they don't appeal to TP.
    Jean-Luc is bald but I don't care -
    I think he's hot and I won't have to share.

I regard Karl as sexy too
    Whether the lights make him red or blue.
    If I worship him Mar won't take me to task -
    She's said people can without having to ask.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      My poem -

Boris and Fred are just for me
      Because they don't appeal to TP.
      Jean-Luc is bald but I don't care -
      I think he's hot and I won't have to share.

I regard Karl as sexy too
      Whether the lights make him red or blue.
      If I worship him Mar won't take me to task -
      She's said people can without having to ask.

Never let it be said that we wraith worshippers are not a cultured bunch!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        Never let it be said that we wraith worshippers are not a cultured bunch!
        We're definitely up to the standard of William Topaz McGonagall.
        sigpic

Comment

Love the poems! I tried to come up with something myself but I completely failed.

Don't know how much I can post today, GW is reeeeeeeeeallllllly painfullllllllly slooooooooooowly. everything takes ages.

Comment

Great poems.
            And I even managed to green you both for them.
            sigpic

Comment

Since GW was being so slow I decided to give SGU a try and I'm almost ashamed to admit that I think I like it. Admittedly it's dark but I think it still fits into the general stargate franchise until now. I'm waiting to see what happens next though.

Comment

Can anyone tell me WHY in the opening scene they were
                Spoiler:
                hurtling themselves thru the gate in mid air?
                I just didn;t get that at all
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                  Since GW was being so slow I decided to give SGU a try and I'm almost ashamed to admit that I think I like it. Admittedly it's dark but I think it still fits into the general stargate franchise until now. I'm waiting to see what happens next though.
                  I really enjoyed it so you aren't alone. Whether I continue to enjoy it depends on them not falling into their old SGA writing habits, of course.

I'm still just as angry about SGA being cancelled and no news of a movie, though. I miss seeing Wraith.
                  sigpic

Comment

Apparently it's National Poetry Day in the UK, I didn't know that but thanks TP Ciannwn for the poems. GW says I can't green you so these mental greens are for you both and
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      I didn't understand it either. Maybe the writers thought that it would be kewl? They have done odd stuff like this in the past.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I didn't understand it either. Maybe the writers thought that it would be kewl? They have done odd stuff like this in the past.
                        I'm so glad I;m not the only one, Mar!
                        Even once I;d managed to work my way round the appallingly edited flashbacks and figure out the actual timeline, I couldn't see any reason why they should be doing that.

Mr TP suggested that Todd had taken over Atlantis and wanted rid of them to make more room for him, his crew and us devout worshippers - so he was bodily chucking them all through the gate by the seat of their pants!!! I rather LIKE that theory! LOL

Todd: Never darken my doorstep again! And here's your damned luggage too! *throws cases through the gate*
                        sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed it so you aren‘t alone. Whether I continue to enjoy it depends on them not falling into their old SGA writing habits, of course.

I‘m still just as angry about SGA being cancelled and no news of a movie, though. I miss seeing Wraith.
                          Totally agree, I‘m angry too. And I miss seeing new wraithy episodes too. Who knows what cool stuff TPTB could have come up with, there are so many great ideas floating around alone on GW that it would easily carry the Wraith storyline in SGA for at least two more seasons.

Originally posted by Todd‘s Pet View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          I didn‘t understand it either. Maybe the writers thought that it would be kewl? They have done odd stuff like this in the past.
                          Spoiler:
                          I think they just exaggerated it for the sake of effect since there was no reason – even while being under attack – to hurl themselves through the gate in that manner but it wouldn‘t have made such an impact if they had just walked into the Destiny as if they were coming from an ordered evacuation or a sunday afternoon stroll. It was a little bit overdone though IMO but I'd grant TPTB a bit of artistic liberty for the takeoff of a new series.

BRB, have to go to lunchbreak.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1...ipts/101.shtml

RUSH: The attack started a chain reaction in the planet's core. There's no way of stopping that, and any blast could easily translate through an open wormhole.

I got the impression that the wormhole was affected by the blast so the last people to go through emerged a lot quicker than normal. Young, meanwhile, was hurled through the gate by the shockwave caused by the base exploding.
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1...ipts/101.shtml

RUSH: The attack started a chain reaction in the planet's core. There's no way of stopping that, and any blast could easily translate through an open wormhole.

I got the impression that the wormhole was affected by the blast so the last people to go through emerged a lot quicker than normal. Young, meanwhile, was hurled through the gate by the shockwave caused by the base exploding. [/spoiler]
                              That wasn't clear at all IMHO... they walked thru at one end, they ought to be walking thru at the other end.
                              However, I don't care about it that much to have a long debate over it!
                              sigpic

Comment

That wasn't clear at all IMHO... they walked thru at one end, they ought to be walking thru at the other end.
                                However, I don't care about it that much to have a long debate over it!
                                I find it interesting because I enjoy science fiction stories which focus on technology even if the science concerned is just technobabble. I think it was confusing in SGU, though, because the story wasn't told in a straightforward, linear fashion so the explanation got a bit lost in all the flashbacks.

I just took it that the shockwave went through the wormhole and caught up with the people who were still inside it. I think this sort of ties in with First Contact and The Lost Tribe.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...ipts/511.shtml

JACKSON (standing up): So you're saying that as long as this Janus device is running, every time someone dials a Gate in the entire galaxy ...

McKAY: ... it'll explode. I mean, millions of people will die if we don't shut that thing down.

This is exactly what happens on Atlantis - Chuck dialled a gate destination and then -

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...ipts/510.shtml

CHUCK: We've got a power spike in the event horizon.

and

ZELENKA: Well, for some reason there is an unprecedented power build-up within the Gate.

TEYLA: Power build-up from where?

ZELENKA: It's coming from within the event horizon. Oh, no. This is very, very bad for us.

The gate soon goes BOOM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X