Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    Meanwhile, Gawain put himself in another video game - Oblivion. Is that light shining off his coat/equipment bag or does he have a stunning stunner under there?

Spoiler:
    Good question!

Being a serious and plain-minded girl I'd say that sure has to be an equipment bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Arielle View Post
      this pic is beautiful too, i'll use it as a desktop background
      Thank you.

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris
      Being a serious and plain-minded girl I'd say that sure has to be an equipment bag.
      I'll believe you. Thousands wouldn't.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
        Good question!

Until now, I didn't even notice it! lol
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
          Until now, I didn't even notice it! lol
          It was the first thing I noticed when I brightened the pic of Gawain up a bit.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            It was the first thing I noticed when I brightened the pic of Gawain up a bit.
            Lol! I rarely pay attention to details.
            sigpic

Comment

Good question!

Falling into the gutter temporarily: yes, but what sort of 'equipment' bag?

Comment

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
                Falling into the gutter temporarily: yes, but what sort of 'equipment' bag?
                Rhys: Wraith have lots and lots of very important equipment. Ask Craig.

Comment

Rhys: Wraith have lots and lots of very important equipment. Ask Craig.
                  Craig: *grins mischievously* Yes, all sorts of erm...equipment

Comment

The next episode in the TP's Hive series...

TP shows some new junior worshippers that prey must literally live by their wits when living with their predators

Spoiler:
                    Moth To The Flame

TP is showing the new worshippers around the hive before allocating them their own rooms. She’s wondering whether she should take them to the lower deck. She doesn’t want to encourage any of the younger ones to go exploring there on their own; Todd had warned her clearly that she and SW were the only humans guaranteed to be safe in the lower deck.
                    And yet some of them are so naïve… she doesn’t want them to get too comfortable around wraith.
                    The wraith who live in the upper deck, the “boys”, are used to human women and behave in a deceptively companionable manner. But a wraith is a wraith and it wouldn’t be the first time one of them got in a bad mood and fed on a worshipper who didn’t know how to handle it!
                    TP wonders if taking them down to the lower deck to experience the atmosphere for themselves would be the best way to warn them that they should be always alert.

The second TP herds them out into the main corridor the group dynamic changes. The schoolgirl giggles desert them and they stand huddled together in silent trepidation.
                    Right on cue – she couldn’t have arranged it better if she had tried – two of her un-named officers walk past. They are good-looking, smooth-haired wraith and, immediately grab the young girls’ attention as they start to swagger as they approach the group.
                    But TP knows these wraith are no Steve or Kenny or Tommy and, as she had anticipated, they snarl as they come within close range – one of them even sniffs the air in a predatory manner. TP hisses at him and they pass the girls by uneventfully.
                    “How did that make you feel?” TP asks the small group after a few seconds. The most confident and vocal one, the red-haired one who reminds TP of herself when she was that age, looks surprised at herself when she pipes up, “I felt like a rabbit in a fox hole!”
                    “Good!” TP replies. “Because you are!”
                    Their eyes all widen and TP goes on, “Life here can be fun, but never forget that they are wraith. Everything about them is designed to lure you in… the way they look, the way they move, even the way they smell.”
                    “That doesn’t make them evil, though…” the redhead says.
                    “No, but they do capitalize on it,” TP went on, “If they cut their hair short and wore yellow jumpsuits would you be quite so taken with them? The whole look has evolved to pull in a particular type of human, ones with especially intense life force… people like us…”
                    “But we’re worshippers – they don’t feed on us!”
                    “Don’t flatter yourself. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from coming down here it’s that we are as expendable as any other humans,” TP said, gravely serious. “If your wraith really likes you he might even give you life, keep you alive way beyond your normal life span.” TP notices a smile here and there and rams the message home as she continues, “But they’re game players, they get bored easily – and they live for thousands of years. How long do you think it’ll be before he tires of you? Heck, some of them can’t even resist a little taste now and then, so he already knows how delicious you are!”
                    The redhead looks at TP despondently, “So even as worshippers we’re still just food to them?”
                    “Consider yourself as last resort emergency rations,” TP smiles to lighten the mood again – no point scaring them half to death! “Do a good enough job of distracting your wraith and you’ll live a ridiculously long and happy life here on the hive. I just want you all to never forget that wraith worshippers literally live by their wits – if you outlive your usefulness as a companion and lover, then you become dinner.”
                    TP herds the group back into the turbo lift. “Okay, girls, back upstairs. I’ll join you in the communal lounge later,” she tells them.

As the door swishes closed and TP is left alone in the corridor, a pale apparition emerges from the shadows behind her.
                    “Was that not a little overstated?”
                    TP does not turn round as she replies, “No, Seth, it’s a point that can never be made too strongly to new worshippers.”
                    Seth walks slowly around TP until he stands face to face with her. Tall as he is, he’s only fractionally taller then her and they stand almost eye-to-eye. “And do you find all wraith so… alluring?” he asks her pointedly.
                    TP smiles wryly, “Most… but not all…” she replies. “Perhaps pheromone levels vary as much in wraith as they do in humans?”
                    “Perhaps… although the need to attract humans is more a matter of life or death for wraith… we have no other food source…” Seth delves into TP’s mind as he speaks and is impressed that she is genuinely relaxed with him, given the topic of conversation. Still, he doesn’t really know why he adds, “The attraction is indeed strangely compelling…”
                    “Like a moth to a flame?” TP suggests.
                    “Indeed,” Seth agrees, standing so close TP can feel his warm breath on her cheek, “but which one of us is the moth and which is the flame?”
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

TP shows some new junior worshippers that prey must literally live by their wits when living with their predators

Spoiler:
                      Moth To The Flame

TP is showing the new worshippers around the hive before allocating them their own rooms. She’s wondering whether she should take them to the lower deck. She doesn’t want to encourage any of the younger ones to go exploring there on their own; Todd had warned her clearly that she and SW were the only humans guaranteed to be safe in the lower deck.
                      And yet some of them are so naïve… she doesn’t want them to get too comfortable around wraith.
                      The wraith who live in the upper deck, the “boys”, are used to human women and behave in a deceptively companionable manner. But a wraith is a wraith and it wouldn’t be the first time one of them got in a bad mood and fed on a worshipper who didn’t know how to handle it!
                      TP wonders if taking them down to the lower deck to experience the atmosphere for themselves would be the best way to warn them that they should be always alert.

The second TP herds them out into the main corridor the group dynamic changes. The schoolgirl giggles desert them and they stand huddled together in silent trepidation.
                      Right on cue – she couldn’t have arranged it better if she had tried – two of her un-named officers walk past. They are good-looking, smooth-haired wraith and, immediately grab the young girls’ attention as they start to swagger as they approach the group.
                      But TP knows these wraith are no Steve or Kenny or Tommy and, as she had anticipated, they snarl as they come within close range – one of them even sniffs the air in a predatory manner. TP hisses at him and they pass the girls by uneventfully.
                      “How did that make you feel?” TP asks the small group after a few seconds. The most confident and vocal one, the red-haired one who reminds TP of herself when she was that age, looks surprised at herself when she pipes up, “I felt like a rabbit in a fox hole!”
                      Their eyes all widen and TP goes on, “Life here can be fun, but never forget that they are wraith. Everything about them is designed to lure you in… the way they look, the way they move, even the way they smell.”
                      “No, but they do capitalize on it,” TP went on, “If they cut their hair short and wore yellow jumpsuits would you be quite so taken with them? The whole look has evolved to pull in a particular type of human, ones with especially intense life force… people like us…”
                      “Don’t flatter yourself. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from coming down here it’s that we are as expendable as any other humans,” TP said, gravely serious. “If your wraith really likes you he might even give you life, keep you alive way beyond your normal life span.” TP notices a smile here and there and rams the message home as she continues, “But they’re game players, they get bored easily – and they live for thousands of years. How long do you think it’ll be before he tires of you? Heck, some of them can’t even resist a little taste now and then, so he already knows how delicious you are!”
                      The redhead looks at TP despondently, “So even as worshippers we’re still just food to them?”
                      “Consider yourself as last resort emergency rations,” TP smiles to lighten the mood again – no point scaring them half to death! “Do a good enough job of distracting your wraith and you’ll live a ridiculously long and happy life here on the hive. I just want you all to never forget that wraith worshippers literally live by their wits – if you outlive your usefulness as a companion and lover, then you become dinner.”
                      TP herds the group back into the turbo lift. “Okay, girls, back upstairs. I’ll join you in the communal lounge later,” she tells them.

As the door swishes closed and TP is left alone in the corridor, a pale apparition emerges from the shadows behind her.
                      TP does not turn round as she replies, “No, Seth, it’s a point that can never be made too strongly to new worshippers.”
                      Seth walks slowly around TP until he stands face to face with her. Tall as he is, he’s only fractionally taller then her and they stand almost eye-to-eye. “And do you find all wraith so… alluring?” he asks her pointedly.
                      TP smiles wryly, “Most… but not all…” she replies. “Perhaps pheromone levels vary as much in wraith as they do in humans?”
                      “Perhaps… although the need to attract humans is more a matter of life or death for wraith… we have no other food source…” Seth delves into TP’s mind as he speaks and is impressed that she is genuinely relaxed with him, given the topic of conversation. Still, he doesn’t really know why he adds, “The attraction is indeed strangely compelling…”
                      “Indeed,” Seth agrees, standing so close TP can feel his warm breath on her cheek, “but which one of us is the moth and which is the flame?”
                      A very intersting story. It makes you remember that wraith are predators, for all our snuggling
                      If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                      sigpic

Comment

I love your new fic TP.
                        Yes, sometimes it is hard to forget that they are wraith. I like how you kept them dark and dangerous.

*rereads fic* Maybe I need to get more witty then!
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Moth To The Flame

Wow, really hits home just how much our boys are domesticated...when they want to be.... Craig put that hand away!!!!!
                          Really like the bit with 'but which one's the moth and which is the flame' Good question... I'm inclined to say I'm the moth

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Moth To The Flame

*shivers* Wow. Very compelling!

Comment

Moth To The Flame
                              That is brilliant. I love Seth's question at the end. A suggestion of very interesting developments on his part there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thnank you all so much!

Now I;ve finished my fairies commissions I'm planning on drawing Seth soon so I may be introducing you all to him properly in a couple of weeks!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X