Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
    maybe we should try for some sort of new year's bash, even if its just saying what we and our wraith have been up to over the year, since clearly we're off having adventures if we're not on the hives.

It doesn't have to be much, but if you get inspired to write a full length fic then go for it. Really, it was just an idea to keep the RP going and give us a chance to do something fun.
    Dray, your suggestion inspired me to write again for the first time in way too many months, so my grateful thanks to you

It's a WWA minific - could be taken to follow on after the TP's Hive series - and short, but better than the creativity desert I've been in recently - fingers crossed it leads to lengthier things. It's melancholy, too, but also full of hope for a brand new year.

Hopefully it will help kick off a whole spate of minifics and pics - and new suggestions for what to do with a Wraith and a bowl of melted chocolate!

Bring your suggestions to the COH tonight and over the weekend so we can get 2012 off to a great start

Spoiler:

Sisterhood

Todd followed the haunting sound down the empty hive corridors.
    As he turned into the living quarters for the hive’s worshippers he realised where the sound was coming from: TP’s rooms. She was singing.
    A gentle smile formed on his lips as he stopped to listen. He hadn’t heard her sing for far too long and he had loved to listen to her. Back in the early days - before the civil war, before the death of all the queens, before new worshippers had started to come and go – TP used to sing a lot. She was happy then. But so much had happened since those days...

His reveries were broken by a movement to his right and he turned, a scowl on his face, and hissed.
    “Whoa!” Steve whispered, stepping back and instinctively pressing his arms into his sides in the typical Wraith gesture that hid his feeding palm and signalled that he was no threat. “I didn’t mean to put your back up, Commander. It’s just that I heard...” His voice trailed off as he turned his head to look down the corridor in the direction of the sound.
    “TP singing...” Todd said wistfully. “It’s been too long since I last heard that.”
    “Yes,” Steve replied, equally sorrowful. “But there’s something about her tone... something...”
    “Something melancholy,” the Commander observed. “Something that seeps into your very soul and makes you feel sad, too.”
    “Should we disturb her...?” Steve asked uncertainly.

The boy was always so careful to tune into TP’s moods, Todd thought; always trying to give her just what she needed at just the right moment. The couple were like two descants of the same tune, playing together in harmony so that they were greater than the sum of their two parts.
    He envied Steve. As Supreme Commander of the entire Alliance, Todd could never relax enough to be that in tune with any worshipper. But then again, he reminded himself, TP seemed to manage it...
    Todd had pushed so much onto her frail human shoulders, and yet she endured every burden he gave her. TP had been through so much over the last year; so much so that she chose not to talk about it, not even to him - although he suspected that Steve knew much more about her feelings over the year than she would ever show to anyone else.

Suddenly, the sound of TP’s singing stopped. Todd and Steve turned in unison to see her standing outside her door and they both wordlessly sank back against the walls of the corridors, disappearing into the deep shadows.
    TP walked slowly, head down, for several paces. Both Todd and Steve held their breath, hoping she would not notice them there, but they almost gasped as she stopped abruptly, level with where they stood.
    A slow smile crept across her lips, then widened as she looked down the corrider and lifted her head high, her eyes sparkling as they caught the dim pool of light under which she stood.
    Suddenly, she flung her arms out from her sides and threw her head back, her smile flooding into a full-blown laugh that made Todd and Steve press their backs hard against the wall to repress their instinct to step out and hug her.
    “I’m writing again!” she cried out joyfully.

Realisation flooded Steve’s mind and he telepathically passed it to the Commander. Of course, Todd nodded as he finally understood. This past year had been a nightmare of trials for TP and the stress they created had not only made her ill, but it had sucked the very creativity out of her as surely as if it had been some kind of psychic vampire. Even giving her his lifeforce hadn’t helped.

“And we’re all together again!” TP sang out brightly, and with that, she set off down the corridor again - but now she had a bounce in her step and her head held high, the way she always used to. As she disappeared around a corner, she began to sing again – but this time it was the happy sound she used to make, that Todd had always so loved to hear.
    Behind her both Todd and Steve stepped quietly out from the shadows and looked at her receding figure.

“She’s herself again,” Steve whispered, both relief and elation mingling such that he could not disguise the catch in his voice.
    Todd nodded in agreement, adding, “How could I not have realised?”
    Steve turned a questioning look to his Commander, who laid a gentle hand on his shoulder as he explained. “These women we are priviledged to call our worshippers have all been through much this past year. They have been beleaguered and beset with problems and worries, and they have all been stressed as a result... we have felt it when they have fed us, have we not?”
    Steve nodded. Many times this past year he has wished he could heal TP of her cares, but while he could strengthen and heal her body, he was constantly frustrated by his inability to sooth her mind for more than just a few hours at a time.
    “New worshippers have come and gone in this Alliance,” Todd went on. “And TP has taken it upon herself to try to resolve their disagreements – then grieved when she failed.”
    “Some disagreements are unresolvable... and some of them had to leave for other hives. It was inevitable...” Steve mused.
    “Indeed,” Todd replied. “But have you ever known TP to back off from any challenge, even if she knew in her heart it was impossible?”
    The observation made Steve smile. His Princess was indeed that stubborn, but it wasn’t just her stubborn defiance that allowed her to endure.
    “Indeed not,” said Todd, picking up the other Wraith’s thoughts. “All of these women have endured much these last months. They have all learned much from their trials – and I have learned much about the nature of human females as a result. They have deep wells of endurance, an emotional strength that would rival that of any Wraith. And this strength has a source I had not before considered... they take their strength from each other. They are stronger when they were together; it is the bond that has made them sisters.”
    “If our queens had had that bond instead of fighting each other,” the younger Wraith pondered. “It makes you wonder what they could have achieved, instead of becoming extinct.”
    “There might have been no limit to what they could have achieved if they had banded together as sisters the way our worshippers have done,” Todd said sagely. “These women – supposedly fragile humans – can not only feed us without dying, but together they have a strength that could take on the entire universe. They are all queens at heart.”
    Steve nodded. “There is nothing they can’t do – together.”

The Commander and the younger officer stood for a moment in quiet reflection of how much a small band of human women could teach a whole fleet of Wraith about strength and endurance... then both almost jolted in surprise as Eddie leapt out from behind them.
    “Party in the worshippers’ lounge!” he called out, slapping them both irreverently on the back. “It’s New Year, don’t you know. Come on – you don't want to miss it!”
    Todd and Steve followed an excited Eddie towards the worshippers’ communal areas with a mounting sense of jubilation. After seeing the turn around in TP, they had high hopes that this party could be the start of a brand new year – one that might bring better things to their worshippers.

A new year... Todd turned the thought over in his mind and wished with all his heart that this ritual of new beginnings would bring peace and happiness not just to his Pet, but to every human in his Alliance – for they truly deserved it. All of them.

THE END
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

@ TP

Love the mini fic. Will have to think where to put it on the website as it does belong with the TP's Hive series. Perhaps it could be the last story for season 4?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
        @ TP

Love the mini fic. Will have to think where to put it on the website as it does belong with the TP's Hive series. Perhaps it could be the last story for season 4?
        Yes, that sounds logical to me. Wasn't thinking of that while I wrote it, but now I read it back, it does follow on from the end of the series.

So glad you enjoyed it - I certainly enjoyed writing it, if only because I haven't written anything for soooooo long and it was great to get back in the saddle, so to speak
        sigpic

Comment

Great mini fic TP.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
            Great mini fic TP.

Thank you!
            sigpic

Comment

*mental greens for the minific and the pendant, TP*

@WS: Aww, that's a cute little kitty! With a good taste! Advertising SGA is always good.

Comment

@TP, tried to green you but Gateworld says no, loved the mini-fic and it matched so much how it's been for me this year, it has been such a struggle, losing my home, sleeping on my mate's sofa then getting my own place only 6 weeks ago and my boys have given me strength so much along the way, I only had to think of them and they were there giving me the strength to pick myself up each day and carry on, they never let me give up.
                sigpic
                Thank you to Icarium for allowing me to use the above image.

Comment

*big hugs* TA. I;m so happy to hear that your boys were able to do that for you. I had a couple of low points in 2011 when they sort of disappeared But when they came back I was able to draw strength from like, like you.
                  It's good to hear that things are looking up for you, TA - and great to see you back here on WWA.
                  I hope 2012 brings even better things so that you can really enjoy your new home. I'm looking forward to 2012 in our new house, with lots of space for the boys to roam around
                  sigpic

Comment

*sends hugs to TA* Sorry to hear you had such a crappy year. It seems 2011 was a very poor year for many people. It's good to know our green boys will see us through the ups and downs of RL. Here's hope we will all have a better year 2012.

Comment

@ TA - Hope 2012 is a better year for you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                        Dray, your suggestion inspired me to write again for the first time in way too many months, so my grateful thanks to you

It's a WWA minific - could be taken to follow on after the TP's Hive series - and short, but better than the creativity desert I've been in recently - fingers crossed it leads to lengthier things. It's melancholy, too, but also full of hope for a brand new year.

Hopefully it will help kick off a whole spate of minifics and pics - and new suggestions for what to do with a Wraith and a bowl of melted chocolate!

Bring your suggestions to the COH tonight and over the weekend so we can get 2012 off to a great start

Spoiler:

Sisterhood

Todd followed the haunting sound down the empty hive corridors.
                        As he turned into the living quarters for the hive’s worshippers he realised where the sound was coming from: TP’s rooms. She was singing.
                        A gentle smile formed on his lips as he stopped to listen. He hadn’t heard her sing for far too long and he had loved to listen to her. Back in the early days - before the civil war, before the death of all the queens, before new worshippers had started to come and go – TP used to sing a lot. She was happy then. But so much had happened since those days...

His reveries were broken by a movement to his right and he turned, a scowl on his face, and hissed.
                        “Whoa!” Steve whispered, stepping back and instinctively pressing his arms into his sides in the typical Wraith gesture that hid his feeding palm and signalled that he was no threat. “I didn’t mean to put your back up, Commander. It’s just that I heard...” His voice trailed off as he turned his head to look down the corridor in the direction of the sound.
                        “TP singing...” Todd said wistfully. “It’s been too long since I last heard that.”
                        “Yes,” Steve replied, equally sorrowful. “But there’s something about her tone... something...”
                        “Something melancholy,” the Commander observed. “Something that seeps into your very soul and makes you feel sad, too.”
                        “Should we disturb her...?” Steve asked uncertainly.

The boy was always so careful to tune into TP’s moods, Todd thought; always trying to give her just what she needed at just the right moment. The couple were like two descants of the same tune, playing together in harmony so that they were greater than the sum of their two parts.
                        He envied Steve. As Supreme Commander of the entire Alliance, Todd could never relax enough to be that in tune with any worshipper. But then again, he reminded himself, TP seemed to manage it...
                        Todd had pushed so much onto her frail human shoulders, and yet she endured every burden he gave her. TP had been through so much over the last year; so much so that she chose not to talk about it, not even to him - although he suspected that Steve knew much more about her feelings over the year than she would ever show to anyone else.

Suddenly, the sound of TP’s singing stopped. Todd and Steve turned in unison to see her standing outside her door and they both wordlessly sank back against the walls of the corridors, disappearing into the deep shadows.
                        TP walked slowly, head down, for several paces. Both Todd and Steve held their breath, hoping she would not notice them there, but they almost gasped as she stopped abruptly, level with where they stood.
                        A slow smile crept across her lips, then widened as she looked down the corrider and lifted her head high, her eyes sparkling as they caught the dim pool of light under which she stood.
                        Suddenly, she flung her arms out from her sides and threw her head back, her smile flooding into a full-blown laugh that made Todd and Steve press their backs hard against the wall to repress their instinct to step out and hug her.
                        “I’m writing again!” she cried out joyfully.

Realisation flooded Steve’s mind and he telepathically passed it to the Commander. Of course, Todd nodded as he finally understood. This past year had been a nightmare of trials for TP and the stress they created had not only made her ill, but it had sucked the very creativity out of her as surely as if it had been some kind of psychic vampire. Even giving her his lifeforce hadn’t helped.

“And we’re all together again!” TP sang out brightly, and with that, she set off down the corridor again - but now she had a bounce in her step and her head held high, the way she always used to. As she disappeared around a corner, she began to sing again – but this time it was the happy sound she used to make, that Todd had always so loved to hear.
                        Behind her both Todd and Steve stepped quietly out from the shadows and looked at her receding figure.

“She’s herself again,” Steve whispered, both relief and elation mingling such that he could not disguise the catch in his voice.
                        Todd nodded in agreement, adding, “How could I not have realised?”
                        Steve turned a questioning look to his Commander, who laid a gentle hand on his shoulder as he explained. “These women we are priviledged to call our worshippers have all been through much this past year. They have been beleaguered and beset with problems and worries, and they have all been stressed as a result... we have felt it when they have fed us, have we not?”
                        Steve nodded. Many times this past year he has wished he could heal TP of her cares, but while he could strengthen and heal her body, he was constantly frustrated by his inability to sooth her mind for more than just a few hours at a time.
                        “New worshippers have come and gone in this Alliance,” Todd went on. “And TP has taken it upon herself to try to resolve their disagreements – then grieved when she failed.”
                        “Some disagreements are unresolvable... and some of them had to leave for other hives. It was inevitable...” Steve mused.
                        “Indeed,” Todd replied. “But have you ever known TP to back off from any challenge, even if she knew in her heart it was impossible?”
                        The observation made Steve smile. His Princess was indeed that stubborn, but it wasn’t just her stubborn defiance that allowed her to endure.
                        “Indeed not,” said Todd, picking up the other Wraith’s thoughts. “All of these women have endured much these last months. They have all learned much from their trials – and I have learned much about the nature of human females as a result. They have deep wells of endurance, an emotional strength that would rival that of any Wraith. And this strength has a source I had not before considered... they take their strength from each other. They are stronger when they were together; it is the bond that has made them sisters.”
                        “If our queens had had that bond instead of fighting each other,” the younger Wraith pondered. “It makes you wonder what they could have achieved, instead of becoming extinct.”
                        “There might have been no limit to what they could have achieved if they had banded together as sisters the way our worshippers have done,” Todd said sagely. “These women – supposedly fragile humans – can not only feed us without dying, but together they have a strength that could take on the entire universe. They are all queens at heart.”
                        Steve nodded. “There is nothing they can’t do – together.”

The Commander and the younger officer stood for a moment in quiet reflection of how much a small band of human women could teach a whole fleet of Wraith about strength and endurance... then both almost jolted in surprise as Eddie leapt out from behind them.
                        “Party in the worshippers’ lounge!” he called out, slapping them both irreverently on the back. “It’s New Year, don’t you know. Come on – you don't want to miss it!”
                        Todd and Steve followed an excited Eddie towards the worshippers’ communal areas with a mounting sense of jubilation. After seeing the turn around in TP, they had high hopes that this party could be the start of a brand new year – one that might bring better things to their worshippers.

A new year... Todd turned the thought over in his mind and wished with all his heart that this ritual of new beginnings would bring peace and happiness not just to his Pet, but to every human in his Alliance – for they truly deserved it. All of them.

THE END
                        Great Story TP & I hope every had a Happy New Year. i agree, hopefully 2012 will be better!

Comment

Thanks WS
                          sigpic

Comment

Neo: I want her goggles.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              Neo: I want her goggles.
                              While he'd look uber cool in the shades, he might want to pass on the "nun" outfit...

Eddie: Oh, I don't know... he might look good in black lace...
                              sigpic

Comment

While he'd look uber cool in the shades, he might want to pass on the "nun" outfit...

Eddie: Oh, I don't know... he might look good in black lace...
                                Jimmy: That's the title of one of my favourite songs.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X