Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
    The loss of these majestic mental capabilities is only further proof of how tragic the retrovirus idea was. Luckily, it was only temporary.
    Indeed. I always hated the idea of "de-fanging" the Wraith in that way. An ability to move life energy in a way that would make T'ai Chi masters green with envy (pardon the pun! ) is not something that should be destroyed in such a way.

Like all things there are "good" and "bad" uses, and the way Wraith feed is no different - it can be painful and brutal, or - as many of us like to ponder - a means of connecting in a deep and profound way with another sentient being.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
      Like all things there are "good" and "bad" uses, and the way Wraith feed is no different - it can be painful and brutal, or - as many of us like to ponder - a means of connecting in a deep and profound way with another sentient being.
      I love how the Wraith in WWA can be fed in different ways. Yeah, technically, if they still wanted to feed traditionally they could, but culling leaves so much less time for chilling out.

Comment

I love how the Wraith in WWA can be fed in different ways. Yeah, technically, if they still wanted to feed traditionally they could, but culling leaves so much less time for chilling out.
        Indeed - it would be like expecting humans to go back to run-rig farming instead of modern industrial farming
        sigpic

Comment

It also means there would be less worshippers for the Wraith to chill out with.

Browsing through previous posts (I have a lot to catch up on), you do make quite an interesting point about the distance to which the Wraith/human bond can traverse. That is damned impressive. I always thought it was a shame that they didn't explore these incredible aspects of our green guys in the series. Of course, J-Shep and his cronies were too busy shooting them all down to take an active interest in their mental and technological achievements.

TP: I miss your vast and varied array of sigs! It sucks that we can't have the rotating sigs anymore, as I was rather fond of the one of Steve on the desert/dessert island
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry that i have not posted much the past few days. Having issues with the psychiatrists around here... horrible treatment.. tossing medications around and not filling them
            I hate the US. i hate my town! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
              TP: I miss your vast and varied array of sigs! It sucks that we can't have the rotating sigs anymore, as I was rather fond of the one of Steve on the desert/dessert island
              If I ever manage to make time to play with PhotoShop, I may make a new one with that particular piccie of our beloved

Steve: That'll be me taking my shirt off again to pose for her paintings

Originally posted by WraithSlave View Post
              Sorry that i have not posted much the past few days. Having issues with the psychiatrists around here... horrible treatment.. tossing medications around and not filling them
              That truly sucks

I sure hope you manage to get everything sorted out properly *big hugs*
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your medical woes. I don't miss the US healthcare system at all. I hope it gets better for you.
                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                  If I ever manage to make time to play with PhotoShop, I may make a new one with that particular piccie of our beloved

Steve: That'll be me taking my shirt off again to pose for her paintings
                  I do hope so

*huge hugs* That sounds awful. *hugs*
                  sigpic

Comment

Much sympathy, hon. *hug* Every time I think that living in the UK is sucky, I can recall that most of our medical treatment is free. Thank all that's good for the NHS!

On a side note, my friend, who has been doing a spot of cyberstalkingresearch told me that CH is reviewed by the Church of Satan. Now, on the one hand, I think that's quite funny, on the other, why?
                    sigpic

Comment

*big hugs* You're not alone: I've lost several relatives to cancer and my mother is battling it right now. It's rough. If you ever want to vent to someone about it, you can PM me. I'm glad to hear it hasn't spread and will think positive thoughts for your family. Take care of yourself too. Making 3D Wraith sounds like a relaxing, fun pastime and I look forward to seeing your art.
                      Thanks *hugs*
                      Yep, making 3D Wraith is fun, but more tricky than I realised at first, they have such incredible faces it's impossible to recreate them with accuracy
                      Craig: Still, Aurora's nearly finished, she's just trying to map his tatts... I on the oither hand have to wait

THANKS FOR ALL THE HUGS EVERYONE, EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT ON HERE MUCH IT MEANS A LOT
                      On the other hand, we have now had some news about my cat that is causing a bit of upset Still, my green guys and Kas (my OC) keep me company and haven't abandoned me yet

Sorry to hear that *sends hugs*

Comment

@WS: That sounds awful. I hope it will work out for you!
                        My videos
                        My art
                        sigpic

Comment

*Hugs for WS and PA*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                            On a side note, my friend, who has been doing a spot of cyberstalkingresearch told me that CH is reviewed by the Church of Satan. Now, on the one hand, I think that's quite funny, on the other, why?
                            CH as in Todd? That sounds a little funny!
                            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

I'm sending my boys to cull the Vodaphone tech support department. My husband and I were given the runaround concerning the mobile broadband which didn't work while we were on holiday. It's a long story which I won't bore everyone with but, if anyone is thinking of getting a dongle for mobile broadband, don't use Vodaphone. Even if their map says that reception will be good in the area you're going to there's no guarantee that it will work when you get there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that, c! I hope it will work out for you!
                                I am lucky enough to have a good mobile broadband, but my mother has one that is really bad. It actually slows down the more you use it
                                My videos
                                My art
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X