Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
    My grandmother is terrified of the Wraith. When she came to visit, she slept in my bedroom and I had to take down all my Steve pictures (even my sketch of Tony!). It was painful
    I must do the same.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
      I`m very happy. My sister will come to me from Poland in Friday for 2 weeks. I will be not very active, but I will try to be here every day. Day without Wraith is a sad day for me. What I will do without Marek and Gregus. My best dragon in my dragon game has name Gregus.
      I hope you have fun!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'm alot better today. Wednesday night I must of had about 2 hours of sleep. It's awful trying to sleep when you're sick.
      The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

For those who requested a HAWT Kenny story... now posted in the usual places, entitled "It's Always The Quiet Ones".

Boy, did Kenny surprise me with this story!

Hope all you Kenny fans enjoy it
        sigpic
        Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
          For those who requested a HAWT Kenny story... now posted in the usual places, entitled "It's Always The Quiet Ones".

Yay! That sounds exciting. I'll read it when I get home from work.

For those of you who are friends with me on facebook: you'll notice that you'll soon get a friendship invite from someone called "Marie Rochester". That's me. It's going to be my writing account and eventually I'm going to delete my other one. I'm sick of having idiots from High School trying to add me, and even more sick of my horrible self-absorbed pretentious "friends" writing patronising comments on all of my statuses. Basically, I'm doing what TP did, filtering the good from the bad - and all of you are good
          sigpic

Comment

Ooh! I will read it asap.

For those of you who are friends with me on facebook: you'll notice that you'll soon get a friendship invite from someone called "Marie Rochester". That's me. It's going to be my writing account and eventually I'm going to delete my other one. I'm sick of having idiots from High School trying to add me, and even more sick of my horrible self-absorbed pretentious "friends" writing patronising comments on all of my statuses. Basically, I'm doing what TP did, filtering the good from the bad - and all of you are good
            It's one of the reasons why I won't put my real name and maiden name down. One of my offline friends changed her FB twice and once on myspace because of cyber bullying from supposed RL 'friends'. I think I noticed some of your friend's comments and thought they might of been kind of rude.
            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

I will read when my sister will back to Poland.

I`m not very active on Facebook and don`t have there many friends. And I don`t have there problems. It`s better change name when there are not nice people and write something stupid to you. I have there my real name, maybe I should too change my name for sure. Or I must have a new profile.

Could somebody who has me on Facebook as a friend check if can see my telephone number and e-mail? Because I don`t want this to show.
              sigpic

Comment

It's a right pain in the butt having to do that on FB, but I guess it shows you who your real friends are.

I'm Princess Dadhouti on FB now, for anyone who doesn't already know. I'm leaving the profile in my RL name for the boring RL people, who'll hopefully go away when they realise that nothing ever happens there anymore! LOL

I simply haven't put any information on either profile, Bajka, so as long as you haven't put it into your profile info, no one will see it.

Addict, are you going to be posting your fics on your new FB profile? ANd will they all be wraithilicious, or are you branching out?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                  It's one of the reasons why I won't put my real name and maiden name down. One of my offline friends changed her FB twice and once on myspace because of cyber bullying from supposed RL 'friends'. I think I noticed some of your friend's comments and thought they might of been kind of rude.
                  They are very rude. I don't mind people teasing me when I know it's in good fun. There is one individual on facebook though who makes a habit out of insinuating that I am stupid. This absolute ******* Wewads ****** has been doing this for many years, but has never really bothered to get to know me. I could probably tolerate this, but the other people I call friends find it amusing, and have no intention of actually defending me. They also treat me like c**p because I rarely go to social events. This may be because I live one and a half hours away on the Tasman Peninsula and dislike drinking (all of their social events involve getting insanely drunk). Meh. I can't be bothered with them sometimes. I suppose for someone like me, who has put my heart and soul into research, writing and intellectual pursuits, being patronised by a over-buff tool in a green t-shirt is fairly painful. The other friend you may have noted that treats me like rubbish on facebook is a racist bigot who has no empathy. I sure know how to pick them

It's a right pain in the butt having to do that on FB, but I guess it shows you who your real friends are.

I'm Princess Dadhouti on FB now, for anyone who doesn't already know. I'm leaving the profile in my RL name for the boring RL people, who'll hopefully go away when they realise that nothing ever happens there anymore! LOL

I simply haven't put any information on either profile, Bajka, so as long as you haven't put it into your profile info, no one will see it.

Addict, are you going to be posting your fics on your new FB profile? ANd will they all be wraithilicious, or are you branching out?
                  I like the idea of having a new FB, even if it is a pain and I only have about 30% of the friends I have on the old one. I'll keep the old one, mainly because it is linked with my phone. I intend to post my fics on it, or at least links to them. Most of them will be packed with Wraithy goodness, but I will probably post some other stuff on there too. I also want to post pictures, etc. I'm hoping having a writing facebook page will actually inspire me to post more, write more and paint more
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks TP. I checked my privat on Facebook and there was only my friends can saw my telephon and e-mail. Good, that no others. I choosed all info can see only my friends. And I deleted my telephon and e-mail. Not all my friends from Facebook are my friends. There was something on Facebok that when I registered there, Facebook sent friend requests from me to all people from my mail address box, even to internet shops which e-mails I have in my mail address box.
                    sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of having a new FB, even if it is a pain and I only have about 30% of the friends I have on the old one. I'll keep the old one, mainly because it is linked with my phone. I intend to post my fics on it, or at least links to them. Most of them will be packed with Wraithy goodness, but I will probably post some other stuff on there too. I also want to post pictures, etc. I'm hoping having a writing facebook page will actually inspire me to post more, write more and paint more
                      Well, every cloud has a silver lining - more stories and paintings have got to be a good thing! *hugs*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                        Thanks TP. I checked my privat on Facebook and there was only my friends can saw my telephon and e-mail. Good, that no others. I choosed all info can see only my friends. And I deleted my telephon and e-mail. Not all my friends from Facebook are my friends. There was something on Facebok that when I registered there, Facebook sent friend requests from me to all people from my mail address box, even to internet shops which e-mails I have in my mail address box.
                        Facebook can be very sneaky indeed
                        sigpic

Comment

My muse is manic this week and I've written another fic. I'm posting this one here because it's really a WWA minific as it's based on WWA/COH events, in particular TP's promise to elope with Steve on her 90th birthday!

Naturally, it;s called "The Promise"...

Spoiler:
                          Watching her great grandchildren running around with their seemingly limitless energy, Babs tries to ignore the ache of arthritis in the base of her spine that grew heavier by the day. Not that she was complaining; at this age every day was a bonus to be cherished and enjoyed to the max.
                          “I’m a spaceman, Nannie, look at me!” Little Jamie runs up to where she sits, waving his toy space gun in all directions.
                          “I’m stronger than you,” his little sister, Lori retorts haughtily. “I’m a queen – queen of the space vampires!”
                          Babs exchanges a wry grin with her son, knowing he remembers as clearly as she does the day she had first become obsessed with the Wraith, a fictional race of space vampires ruled by queens.
                          “Have you been telling my grandchildren tall tales again, Mum?” he teases.
                          “Never. Wraith worshipping must be genetically inherited,” she laughs, surprising herself at how croakily her voice comes out, but then at 89, she really is an old crone. Then she pulls herself up short – no she’s 90 today, this is her birthday. She remembers how she used to up her age to that of her next birthday weeks beforehand. Now she doggedly hangs on to every year, every month, every hour that she can.
                          It seems like only yesterday that she was 50 – how had she ever considered herself to be old at that age? Now she recalls her 50-year old self as if she’d been a mere slip of a girl. It had been an online birhtday party that year, but she remebers it as being one of the best, the most memorable.
                          Her decade birthdays have dogged her all her life through – every one had seen someone close to her die within 3 days of her birthday. At 10 it had been her dad’s father, at 20 her beloved grandad, at 30 her nan’s sister, at 40 her nan herself. Then at 50 it had been her husband’s sister, at 60 both her parents within days of each other, and at 80 her sweet, dear husbnad – albeit he had done well to get to 91 himself by then.
                          “You’ve got your boys to take care of you now – the green ones too, “ he’d told her, meaning not just her son and grandson but the fantasy Wraith who had been such a big part of both their lives for so many decades., something her husband had shared with patience, understanding and humour. Lord she misses that humour – even though, these days, it often hurts to laugh as hard as he had often made her do, even in her darkest days.
                          But today has been a wonderful day. Her son and his wife – an Australian, not Japanese as she had onc e believed her future daughter-in-law would be – had laid on a big family party for her. Even after almost 30 years in Australia, she never quite got used to her birthday falling at the start of winter instead of the beginning of summer as it had been in the country of her birth. She’d always looked forward to the cherry blossom heralding her birthday with frothy pink clouds of tiny flowers.
                          Now she lived in small wooden condo on the beach; her lifelong dream fulfilled, thanks to her son. She sits in her favourite rocking chair on her veranda, watching her daughter-in-law and granddaughter-in-law clear away plates, bowls and glasses, while Lori and Jamie sneakily slip an extra slice of birthday cake from the platter while their mother’s back is turned and their father and grandfather merley smile indulgently.
                          The sun is begnnning to dip toward the horizon, hanging there like a big red lanternm throwing shadow shapes across the sky. Normally she would sit for hours to watch the sunset, not venturing indoors until it was too dark to see and the cool night air made goosebumps on her arms. But she’s strangely tired tonight and try as she might, she just cannot stop her eyelids from drooping sleepily.
                          “You alright, Mum?” her daughter-in-law asks, lifting an empty coffee cup from the table beside her rocking chair.
                          “Yes, love, I’m fine. Just a little tired, is all.”
                          “You’ve had a big day – why don’t you have a nap?”
                          “You know, I think I will,” Babs replies. “Just for an hour or so.” And she slowly coaxes her old bones to take her to her bedroom, where she lies down on top of her bed and falls asleep under the watchful gaze of the wraith portraits that had hung above her bed for almost 40 years now.

-oOO-

“That’s the kids off to bed. Shall we have some tea?”
                          Lawrie looks up at his daughter-in-law’s question and replies, “That would be nice,” just as his gaze catches the clock above the mantle. “Look at the time!” he observes. “Mum’s been aslepp for more than 3 hours!”
                          “Perhaps you should just leave her for the night, then,“ his wife suggests.
                          “I’ll just look in on her, “ he says. “Just to make sure she’s alright – and see if she’d like some tea.”
                          The room is dark when Lawrie pokes his head around the door and he can’t tell if anyone is there or not. Carefully he turns the dimmer switch on the wall by the door until he can just see his mother lying on top of her bed, a soft smile of contentment on her face. He turns to leave but somehting makes him change his mind and he tip-toes into the room and up to the bed. Looking down at his mother, he lays his hand on her forehead. It’s cool.

-oOo-

Babs had wakened at a soft sound in her room, like someone tip-toeing in carefully. When she opened her eyes she saw the face that had been so beloved to her for so mamy decades now; his face so pale it almost glowed in the gloom of her room.
                          “Hello, Princess,” he said, smiling softly down at her. His eyes shone like little beacons and she knew she would go anywhere they led her. “You didn’t really think I’d forget, did you?”
                          He took her hands in his as he spoke and gently lifted her to her feet, drawing her close to his own tall and slender frame. She could feel the heat of his body even through the heavy leather of his coat, the smell of the leather mingling with the spiced floral scent of his skin.
                          She reached up tentatively toward his shoulder and let her hand drift down the soft silk of his long, straight hair. The action reminded her of her age when she saw her gnarled, age-spotted and wrinkled hand against the flawless smooothness of his hair as it shone like silver threads under the light of the moon from her window.
                          As he dipped his head down to hers she caught a glimpse of them in the mirror on her dresser. Doesn’t he see, she wondered? She watched this tall, beautiful, forever young and handsome alien bend his head to kiss the gnarled old crone in his arms.
                          “I always loved your red hair,” he whispered in her ear, brushing his lips across her hair. “And now you’re mine, like you promised,” he said, reminding her of the lover’s oath she’d made so many years ago. Now her hair was white as his and she turned her head to mock herself in the mirror, but what she saw made her gasp. No white-haired crone, bent and aching from years of arthritis stared back at her. Instead she looked at the image of her youth – no, better than that – this was the tall, strong Amazon of her fantasies – her alter ego, TP.
                          Not pale rheumy eyes, tired and misted with age, intead she looked into clear, deep green eyes, sparkling with life and vigour, and framed by long, shining hair, the colour of a chestnut stallion.
                          And behind her, no apperition, but clear as day and solid as he rested his hands on her shoulders, was the Wraith she’d promised herself to all those decades ago. Steve had come for her just as he’d promised – and to make good on her promise to be his and his alone on her 90th birthday.

-oOo-

Lawrie knows his mother’s forehead is too cool, but it takes him a moment to understand what it means. Normally so capable, so self controlled, he suddenly doesn’t know what to do and feels hot tears prick the back of his eyes, his fingers trembling as they hover over his mother’s forehead.
                          He turns his head toward the doorway to call his wife, but the words never come because something catches his eye, and there, in the mirror on the dresser, he sees them.
                          He recognises his mum, although he’s never seen her look quite like that before, even when she’d been much younger and stronger.This is his mother as perfect as she can be and the sight of her like that, so strong and tall and beautiful, makes the tears spill over an drun down his cheeks.
                          But what makes him gasp is the man who stands at her side – not a man, for he recognises him as a wraith, and not just any wraith either, but the one he’d always teased his mother about so mercilessly, the one she called Steve, sometimes Deeplake.
                          Lawrie blinks, his logical mind unable to accept the evidence of his own eyes, but far from ridding him of this image, it only serves to make it appear clearer, more real, so real that he’d wear Steve actually winks at him – just as he’s sure he hears a deep, multi-layered voice tell him softly, “I’ll take care of her now...”
                          And then the image fades to nothing as if it was never there. Turning back to his mum, lying so still and serene on her bed, he wonders how he’ll tell the family. But before he leaves her room, he bends to kiss her cheek and whispers, “Have fun, mum.”

THE END
                          sigpic

Comment

Bakja: Hope you enjoy your time with your sister

Addict: Mind you, my family and most of my RL friends have no idea about my green obsession

Leeta: Sorry you're still not well, I really hope you get better soon *hugs*

TP: A Kenny story?! Must read that one And just read your Steve minific. Aaw *gets passed a tissue bu Aurora and a whole box of them by Craig* *sniffle*

As to those people who have second FB account for WWA friends and the like: I thought about doing that because I'm still too afraid for my family and most of my RL friends to see and read my stuff... but then I think that all my stuff is up here and on dA anyway so I don't know whether to be bothered or not

Comment

My muse is manic this week and I've written another fic. I'm posting this one here because it's really a WWA minific as it's based on WWA/COH events, in particular TP's promise to elope with Steve on her 90th birthday!
                              Awww, such a mixture of a happy and sad ending. I added "The Promise" to the freeforums.

Wonderful work on the minifics. The Kenny one was lots of fun!
                              Last edited by WraithTech; 21 May 2011, 01:07 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Naturally, it;s called "The Promise"...
                                That story is just amazing. I love it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X