Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, Ciannwn? Really?

If people I RP with every day want to offer me support for my mother’s condition, but not talk about it publicly, that is what I asked them to do.

People who haven’t even actively RPed here for months or years have no business throwing gasoline onto the fires or dictating what happens in the game anyhow.

Comment

Many hugs to all of you for your well wishes and VMs, and thanks, Leeta, for letting people on New Seasons know. And welcome back, AFA!

There's not much I can contribute to the ongoing discussion and I still need to catch up on the CO hive to see what happened. But what I can say is, I wouldn't recommend to explicitly ban something from the game world. There are a number of things that can be sensitive topics as I learned the hard way myself but there's no safe way to know before.

I still remember the alcohol discussion we had some time back vividly, as Rhys was an integral part of the issue. It never occured to me before someone might get upset because of the drinking, but the issue ended with me taking a break from WWA because I got the impression people were ganging up on me - which was, of course utter nonsense.

But it's proof how strong emotions are involved in this game. We put so much of ourselves into it, for example it's impossible to separate us from our game alter egos. It's impossible to separate WWA from RL sometimes. So it's no big surprise we all tend to react edgy when our emotions are stirred, no matter if we're on the offending side or the offended side.

My suggestion would be, like people have suggested before, to put small hints in spoiler tags to ask players to drop or tone something down. In addition, I'd like to request that a similar post is made here in OOC, so every player will know what topics to avoid. There's no need to write anything specific if you don't want to expose your private life. Just a little 'could you please all be careful with topic 'XY' because I'm not comfortable with it'.

Not every player is on the CO hive so people could miss a request. I don't go to the CO hive every day myself when I'm not feeling up to RPing, and if there have accumulated, say, five pages of thread I'm only skimming them and might miss a subtle spoiler tag.

Often I wish we were telepathic like the Wraith, so we would know how the others feel and could offer comfort immediately and adjust our own behaviour accordingly.
      Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 14 May 2011, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
        But it's proof how strong emotions are involved in this game. We put so much of ourselves into it, for example it's impossible to separate us from our game alter egos. It's impossible to separate WWA from RL sometimes. So it's no big surprise we all tend to react edgy when our emotions are stirred, no matter if we're on the offending side, or the offended side.
        You are right here! I don't know about others (though I presume you're all the same), but I put a lot of my emotional self into Addict. On occasion I think we may forget that we are talking to real people with real lives and subsequently real emotions. From discussions with other members of the WWA, we're also fairly ultra-sensitive and have a tendency to take everything personally (I know I do!).

All I can say is that I consider many in the COH and WWA to be my close friends and if I offend you or bring up a topic you are uncomfortable with... please tell me! I don't want my friendships here to become like those in RL. My friendships in RL are disfunctional and somewhat rotten. The fact that I dislike crowds, drinking and bad pub bands has earned me a reputation as a "weak dog". Problems are escalated through backstabbing and bullying - I don't want this to be the same in the COH!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I’m going through messages and received a few from WS. Naturally, she didn’t mean to upset anyone with Shaun’s antics. Shaun’s character is simply meant to be humorous. She also said she was fine with Shaun carrying a fancy goblet around instead.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
            I’m going through messages and received a few from WS. Naturally, she didn’t mean to upset anyone with Shaun’s antics. Shaun’s character is simply meant to be humorous. She also said she was fine with Shaun carrying a fancy goblet around instead.
            Well, if he's going to be carrying around a pimp cane, he might as well have a pimp cup too

TP mentioned a partay in the COH. I'm keen. I think it'll be a good way to unwind
            sigpic

Comment

People who haven’t even actively RPed here for months or years have no business throwing gasoline onto the fires or dictating what happens in the game anyhow.
              I was the one who set WWA up in the GW role playing forum and I also drafted out the original rules. The rules have gone through a number of modifications due to some things being unworkable while others didn't cover what was needed etc. but rule changes have always been a group decision. I'm also the only person who can alter the opening post and rules posts in this topic because of the way the GW forum works.

Even though I'm physically incapable of keeping up with role playing it's been group agreed that I can still use my characters in mini-fics. Mini-fics are very closely related to the game world and it's sometimes been the case that things which started off in mini-fics have ended up as part of the role playing.

I'm not trying to dictate what happens in the game because it's impossible for one person to dictate anything due to the way the game is run. Anyone, whether a game organiser or ordinary player, can raise a game discussion point. No final decision is made until everyone's come to an agreement.

My latest posts have related to something you raised here -

A helpful guide is asking oneself if the action in question is something that is known to anger others or not, especially at the voting booths. There are just certain highly-polarizing, highly-debated, highly-emotional issues which should be kept out of our game or toned down.
              Gay characters would fall into the category of highly-polarizing, highly-debated, highly-emotional issues. I was the one who originally suggested allowing gay characters in the game and everyone involved at the time agreed to this. I started Crockett off on the mushrooms even before we moved from the All Wraith Thunk Thread and I also brought happy weed into the game - drugs like these fall into the category of highly-polarizing, highly-debated, highly-emotional issues.

Crockett's story, which I've continued in mini-fics, has gone into religion/mysticism and this is also a highly-polarizing, highly-debated, highly-emotional issue. Religion caused heated arguments in SGU topics because some GW posters were outraged by the fact that a number of SGU characters, including a few scientists, had religious beliefs. Others were outraged by all the sex and nudity although there was very little of either in the show.

You suggested that certain issues should be kept out of the game or toned down. I replied to this by asking how far we should take your suggestion because we've already got a lot of this content in the game and game related mini-fics. I'm not trying to throw any gasoline on any fire by asking this because your suggestion relates to the group as a whole. Everyone is entitled to join in and add their views about whether we should continue to allow alcohol, mushrooms and happy weed and religious themes etc.etc.

Any group decision could affect mini-fics I write in the future plus the mini-fics already on the WWA website. I've shared this site with DS - if the group decision is to ban certain things, DS and I are the ones who would have to go through the site and remove any content relating to these things.
              Last edited by ciannwn; 14 May 2011, 08:15 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                I was the one who set WWA up in the GW role playing forum and I also drafted out the original rules. The rules have gone through a number of modifications due to some things being unworkable while others didn't cover what was needed etc. but rule changes have always been a group decision. I'm also the only person who can alter the opening post and rules posts in this topic because of the way the GW forum works.
                And, I am very thankful for your hard work on the website and the drafting.

Even though I'm physically incapable of keeping up with role playing it's been group agreed that I can still use my characters in mini-fics. .
                I'm sorry if you took my remark as a personal insult, because, as someone with physical problems myself, I didn't intend any physical insults. What makes me feel disrespected is that you are able to find time to debate unrelated issues that makes my experiences seem of little or no importance. Moreover, I feel disrespected that time is spent researching obscure facts in WDC but not what actually happens in the game word before directing angry posts at me or making me feel like a cornered anomaly. I'm a messenger to bring up a topic in OOC as continued from another thread.

if the group decision is to ban certain things.
                Why does the word ‘ban’ keep appearing? I will repeat what I said before: I never used this word in this discussion.

Everyone is entitled to join in and add their views about whether we should continue to allow alcohol, mushrooms and happy weed and religious themes etc.etc.
                So far, everyone seems fine with implied, private use of smoking and recreational drug use, not banned. Religion is irrelevant if people are not proselytizing.

As for sexual orientation, that does not cause cancer. More importantly, there are laws against discriminating against sexual orientation in many countries. I can’t find a GW rule that such discrimination is allowed or not, but I’m sure the site would not want to be sued for wrongful discrimination.
                Last edited by WraithTech; 14 May 2011, 08:24 AM.

Comment

STOP!

Hello father!

I'm going to put my neck on the line and wade in again here. We're arguing around in circles again because we're talking at cross-purposes.
                  Ciannwn, you're coming at this from the logical pov and intellectualising the issue, but for both Orb and WS it's been an emotional issue.

I;m going to quote both Orb and Addict here:

IMHO this post means this issue is resolved.

Orb and WS have been able to talk this through and reached an understanding and are able to get past it and move on.
                  I;d suggest the rest of us do likewise.

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
                  Well, if he's going to be carrying around a pimp cane, he might as well have a pimp cup too

TP mentioned a partay in the COH. I'm keen. I think it'll be a good way to unwind
                  What a splendid idea - I can't think of a better way for us all to kiss and make up (No, Steve, you don't have to kiss and make up with Shaun - or Eddie )

Come on, folks - we're family here... *puts on Sister Sledge track* I expect you all to SING!!!

I;m an ancient old woman of 52 tomorrow (yes, Steve, only 38 years until I elope with you ) so par-tay in the COH all day tomorrow for good, clean Wraithy fun - low key teasing only!
                  I'll probably be going out for dinner but I;ll be around daytime and evening and of course there's no reason not to carry on partying without me

*big squishy hugs to absolutely everyone - yes, even HR's queens *
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

I don`t understand all what I read here today. But I understand there was discusion about smoking. I don`t smoke, and I don`t like it. But I know some people like it. I think if somebody here wants to smoke in the COH than we can find for them smoking-room in the COH. If we will be all together and somebody wants to smoke than he/she can go to this room.
                    People are different and some of them smoke, drink or eat too much sweets. We are here to relax. If somebody wants smoke than can do it. Other can do other things like eating a lot of chocolate ( not health in RL ). If somebody wants to drink alcohol I think he/she can do it, but with intellect.
                    We are all Wraith Worshipper Family and we can turn a blind eye on this what we don`t like, but our friends like.
                    I hope I write all good, if not don`t worry. Important is I like here all and I want to spend a great time with you all.

Can`t wait for TP`s Birthday`s Party.
                    sigpic

Comment

There's been a lot of discussion behind the scenes, Bajka, and folks feeling understandably emotional, but the misunderstandings have been resolved, I;m happy to say.

You're quite right - we're a big happy family of Wraith Worshippers here. I;m glad to hear you like it in the COH - and we do parties exceptionally well Looking forward to seeing you and your boys there tomrrow
                      sigpic

Comment

We will be tomorrow here. Now I will go to sleep. Here is a cake for everybody, the biggest piece for TP.

sigpic

Comment

Oooh - green!

*scoops some green icing with fingertip* Yummy! Sleep well and see you tomorrow, sweetie *hugs*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                            *big squishy hugs to absolutely everyone - yes, even HR's queens *

*the Queens look around* Sally: Have we entered a parallel universe?
                            Tania: I'm not sure!
                            HR: Oh come on, TP was just being nice. Come on now, hug her back
                            *Queeny hugs for TP & Steve and the rest of her Wraiths*

And to all a good night!
                            Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                            I don`t understand all what I read here today.
                            That makes two of us, but I think I got the basic gist of it.
                            My videos
                            My art
                            sigpic

Comment

Steve:

TP: *nudges Steve towards Sally* Go on - give your mother a hug! LOL

Steve: Oh very funny! *but hugs Sally anyway*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

Steve: Oh very funny! *but hugs Sally anyway*
                                Steve hugging queens? *takes photos* I'm going to keep that for ever and ever.

Happy Birthday TP!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X