Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KyshaMalini View Post
    LOL, that's better than me. I don't have headset and my webcam's broken
    Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
    I don't have any audiovisual equipment either.
    Lol, well, I don´t really need a headset, I have a microphone on my laptop, but a headset would be better for calling, because my laptop is so old and very loud.
    I also don´t have a webcam.
    sigpic

Comment

*has no headset but a webcam*

I could really use a headset - every time I'm having an online phone call I'm feeling extremely stupid for talking to my computer screen very loudly.

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
        What I would love to do is have a proper Wraithy get-together, somewhere in Europe or the UK. I know I've mentioned this before, but it would be so awesome to talk to other Worshippers. Imagine, we could talk Wraith all day. ALL DAY!
        Believe me folks, you soooooo do not want to hear what I sound like - it;s so un-TP-like you wouldn't believe it

Besides, TP is cool and clever and funny and I'm awkward, stuttery and painfully shy

It;s easy to be witty in posts because you have time to compose it! I'm the type that thinks of the great one-liner 5 minutes after it's too late! LOL
        sigpic
        Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
          I would love to chat on skype or whatever else. I'd love to hear everyone else's accents. My accent is just a plain New England accent. It'd also be cool if we could meet somewhere that is ok for everyone. I believe KM lives lives around hour away or so away from me. I always thought it would be funny if we ever bumped into each other by accident.
          It would be quite funny Shame I'm not up your way very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
            Believe me folks, you soooooo do not want to hear what I sound like - it;s so un-TP-like you wouldn't believe it

Besides, TP is cool and clever and funny and I'm awkward, stuttery and painfully shy

It;s easy to be witty in posts because you have time to compose it! I'm the type that thinks of the great one-liner 5 minutes after it's too late! LOL
            Oh me too... five minute later I have come up with something erudite and smartarse. Plus, I love Scottish accents, so there, so no using that as an excuse, wench.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't mind talking on mic but webcam...
              The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                I don't mind talking on mic but webcam...
                Ditto! *faints*
                sigpic
                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

I don't RP so I don't participate in conversations going on in this thread, but I do ocasionally check out what's going on here...

The Skype thing sounds good but might be very tricky because of the different time zones we all live in. I'm not super social and I get nervous when I have to talk to strangers (and you do not want to hear me speak english!), but still, I for one would love to see and hear fellow WDC members.
                  sigpic

Comment

*waves to Leleth*

Yes, the time zones are a bummer. A conference call may work though if we agreed on meeting at a specific time at a global holiday, or at weekends. Maybe around European midday could work, when there's a chance Addict is still awake and Orb is waking up. Geez, time zones are mind-boggling.

I'm also quite shy talking though and my webcam is deactivated, but my mic is on. (So no one can accidentally see the chaos in our living room )

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
                      I don't RP so I don't participate in conversations going on in this thread, but I do occasionally check out what's going on here...
                      *waves* You are welcome to join. The Wraith Bladwin on your avatar is available for adoption.

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                      Yes, the time zones are a bummer. A conference call may work though if we agreed on meeting at a specific time at a global holiday, or at weekends. Maybe around European midday could work, when there's a chance Addict is still awake and Orb is waking up. Geez, time zones are mind-boggling.
                      Please don't plan around me: I don't have a webcam or microphone and am too shy with my bad hearing to use them.

Comment

*waves hi to Leleth* I think you should join us Leleth and adopt Baldwin. He was with Alec, my adopted wraith, during the siege. They could make an interesting combo in the chill out hive.
                        The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                          What I would love to do is have a proper Wraithy get-together, somewhere in Europe or the UK. I know I've mentioned this before, but it would be so awesome to talk to other Worshippers. Imagine, we could talk Wraith all day. ALL DAY!
                          I'd love that, if I had enough money

But I've also looked on Skype's site and found they've apparently added a new group call feature. http://www.skype.com/intl/en/feature...ference-calls/
                          I don't even have a webcam, and we only have internet on the family computer, not my personal pc
                          Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                          I admit I'd probably be a bit nervous about webcam stuff. Apparently I have quite a clear english accent, my Danish cousins can understand me clearly but have major problems understanding my brother because he mumbles so much and talks in a lazy way

I'm also quite shy talking though and my webcam is deactivated, but my mic is on. (So no one can accidentally see the chaos in our living room )
                          Yes, I suppose that's another factor. It's a pity Asgrad beams aren't real

Gotta go get some food, but will try to get on for a bit longer some time over the next couple of days

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post

Please don't plan around me: I don't have a webcam or microphone and am too shy with my bad hearing to use them.
                            I can't claim to have the loss of hearing you do, but I think you should not be shy about this. We are your friends and we don't care what you sound like, or look like. Hell, I have a tendency to sound like a smartarse ALL the time (an autistic tendency to blurt acquired information in a fit of excitement ), and my bedroom is a heap, plus I'm officially daft, with a whacked out sense of humour some find offensive! But, I'm also a great believer in IDIC, especially in fellow fans.

Still, it may all come to nothing, and I won't get time to look further into this until the weekend.
                            sigpic

Comment

*bows* With apologies for my long absence, the holidays are here so I once more have time (which should be spent doing essays but shush ) As a peace offering, I bring a new mini fic.

Fun and Foolery
                              The portals to the Disney Universe have always seemed like harmless annoyances. That is till a surprise encounter with one of its residents.

Spoiler:
                              DS took the cup of coffee proffered to her by Tommy as she snuggled further down on the sofa with Rhys. It felt like ages since she had had a chance to just relax in the rec room. Taking a sip of her coffee she looked over to Kit who was sat playing with his blocks in the corner. Tommy also watched him, wary that the toddler might have a hidden pen on him despite Tommy’s best efforts. They looked round as the door to the rec room opened and Dray and Michael walked in.

“Hey there you two, long time no see,” said Rhys. Michael got some drinks as Dray sat on the sofa opposite them.

“No, uni has just been mental! I’m off for the Easter hols though,” said Dray, taking the drink from Michael as he sat down too.

“Just remember you have your exam to prepare for, a script to write, lines to learn, at least three essays...” Michael dodged the pillow thrown at his head by Rhys. “However, I was never going to suggest she gets on with it all this instant Rhys!”

“I just thought I’d give you a friendly reminder.”

Before Michael could retort, there was a nervous ‘umm’ from Tommy. He had been watching Kit and watched Kit build a gravitationally impossible tower.

“Guys, when was the last time we saw something like this happen?” Tommy asked, hoping to be proved wrong. DS got up and poked the air around Kit’s tower. It wobbled.

“Wasn’t it when we discovered that pocket portal thing to the Disney universe?” she asked. Cautiously she picked up Kit who couldn’t understand the sudden fuss. He just wanted to get back to his tower! Rhys groaned loudly.

“Yes it was, so why did you have to go and poke it?!”

“I don’t know,” said DS apologetically, “what harm can it do?”

As Rhys facepalmed everyone in the room became aware of a faint sound coming from the distorted patch of air.”

‘Come one, come all!
                              Leave your loops and milking stools
                              Coop the hens and pen the mules!’

“Can anyone else...” Dray started to ask.

“Yes, yes we can,” replied Michael. They all looked back to the patch of air.

‘Come one, come all!
                              Close the churches and the schools
                              It's the day for breaking rules,’

DS backed away from the patch of air as it seemed to grow larger and brighter. Tommy, curious leaned slightly closer.

‘Come and join the feast of ...’

Suddenly, a man in a garishly coloured tunic and wide brimmed hat careened out of the patch of air and landed kneeling on top of a stunned Tommy.

“Fools!” sang the man. He then opened his eyes and his jovial attitude became one of confusion. “Where am I? Ce n'est pas Paris!” He jumped off Tommy and looked around the room at the startled wraith and human faces, his eyes narrowing under his purple mask. “Well?” he demanded.

“Umm..” said Dray nervously, “hi?”

“Ah bonjour, jollie fille!” the man said, bounding across the room and gave her a low sweeping bow. He took her hand and gave it a kiss. “Perhaps a pretty lady such as yourself will be able to tell this old gypsy where he is? I have never seen the looks nor the likes of such...” he looked up at Michael who was giving him dagger glares, “charming people as I seem to find here.”

“Umm,” Dray said again, wondering if she was going to get her hand back anytime soon before Michael threw the unfortunate man out of an airlock, “I think you’ve managed to get a bit lost.”

“Ah oui, you see old Clopin was meant to be leading the Feast of Fools and while I see many fools,” he gestured lightly around, “he does not see much feasting or festivaling.”

“Where’d this guy come from?” Rhys asked DS quietly.

“I think he’s from the Disney universe,” replied DS, holding a fascinated Kit. The brightly coloured man – Clopin – looked over to her.

“Ah, what an adorable little child you have,” he said beaming, moving over to stand beside DS and ignoring her protests that Kit wasn’t hers. He reached behind him and produced a glove puppet that looked exactly like him. “What do you think, Puppet? The child is very sweet, non?”

“He’s green!” squeaked the high voice of the Puppet. Kit laughed and tried to grab it but the man moved his hand out of reach.

“Indeed he is,” Clopin said sagely to the Puppet, “perhaps the young lad is ill.”

“No I’m not,” said Kit happily.

“You see,” Clopin said to his puppet doppelganger, “the lad is not ill.” The man gave a sudden yelp as Michael came up and grabbed his arm.

“Right, you’ve had your fun and games but that’s enough now. Time to go back.”

“Back?” said Clopin, his cheerful demeanour of before darkening like a cloud, “You will excuse me if I do not trust your definition of ‘back’. I’ve had one too many supposed friends turn out to be enemies.”

“Michael, let him go,” said Dray. “I’m sure we can come to a reasonable arrangement!”

“Clopin goes where Clopin wishes and will not be forced,” growled the colourful gypsy. He threw something he had been palming in his free hand to the ground and a rush of red smoke suddenly filled the air around him and Michael. When the smoke cleared, Michael was left holding empty air.

“Where’d he go?” asked Rhys. Michael opened and closed his hand in the air a few times, trying to work that one out himself.

“Someone tell Boris we have an insane gypsy loose on the hive,” groaned Tommy.

Clopin Trouillefou was used to all sorts of strange things but even he was astounded by what he saw. He was no longer certain where he was but made sure to duck out of sight of anyone approaching. He cursed his current jovial attire for its lack of stealth qualities: the bright colours stood out even more harshly than normal against the walls and the bells on his costume alerted anyone nearby that Clopin was standing there. He had expected to be at the Feast of Fools! Not skulking around some strange demon-nest! Though admittedly, it was proving to be a thrilling experience.

There was the sounds of footsteps approaching behind him. Quickly Clopin ran in the opposite direction, the bells of his costume jiggling merrily as he crashed into a rather solid form in dark leathers. Clopin back flipped back onto his feet and looked for a way out of this encounter.

“Woah, are you okay?” asked Bullseye concerned. The skinny man had run into him at some speed. Bullseye took in the man’s brightly coloured clothes and frowned. “Wait, aren’t you-“

“Bullseye!” yelled Rhys from the other end of the corridor, “don’t let that guy get away!”

Bullseye made to grab Clopin, who danced nimbly out of his way. Rhys by this time had managed to catch up and tried to grab the gypsy as well. Michael and Tommy brought up the rear and too made attempts to restrain Clopin. Another red smoke bomb was released as Dray and DS arrived and Orb came out of her room.

“What’s going on?” she asked.

“We have a.. well, I suppose you could say uninvited guest from the Disney universe,” answered DS.

“Who?”

“A man called Clopin, he’s from ‘The Hunchback of Notre Dame’,” supplied Dray. “Actually I think he’s the gypsy king as well.”

“Bravo, belle dames,” came a jovial voice. The red smoke had cleared to show a wraith pile up with Clopin sat happily on the top with Puppet on his hand. He looked down at the wraith beneath him. “I am not as weak as I may seem, good messieurs!”

“No,” groaned Tommy, “that’s because you let us beat each other up in the smoke!”

“When I get my hands on you...” growled Rhys only for Puppet to rap him on the head with a stick.

“Ah ah ah, now now monsieur, let’s have no threats in front of these lovely ladies,” Clopin said reproachfully. He looked up and smiled. “Now perhaps someone can give Clopin a straight answer?”

The explanation had taken a lot longer than anticipated. Several times they had been forced to dumb things down to allow the gypsy king to understand it without having to resort to the excuses ‘because it does’ and ‘it’s magic’. Clopin sat quietly on the sofa, digesting what he had been told. He’d taken off his mask to reveal the face of a man in his late thirties but a tough life made his face look older, with dark eyes and a large nose. Kit was now happily sporting the mask and playing with Puppet.

“So I have come to another world, oui?”

“Yes,” replied Orb kindly. Clopin thought again for a moment.

“Can I get back? Not that I don’t find your company delightful but I must get back to my people. Who knows what trouble they’ll get themselves into without me to keep them in check!”

“Can’t he just walk back through?” asked Rhys. Michael gave him a scathing look. Clopin meanwhile looked thoughtful. He got up and looked closely at the distorted patch of air.

“Well, there is only one way to find out!” In one swift motion Clopin retrieved his mask from Kit and fixed it to his face. “It’s been fun, mes amis, and if you ever come to visit you shall be welcome in the Court of Miracles!”

With a final flourish, the gypsy king leapt into the patch of air which shimmered for a moment then vanished, along with Clopin. Beneath it, Kit’s tower collapsed as the suspension of disbelief disappeared as well. Kit whined slightly at the tower’s fall and hugged Clopin’s Puppet.

“Can we make a note to avoid ever coming into contact with another portal to the Disney universe again please?” asked Michael hopefully.
                              If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                                *bows* With apologies for my long absence, the holidays are here so I once more have time (which should be spent doing essays but shush ) As a peace offering, I bring a new mini fic.
                                Huzzah! *minific greens*

Spoiler:

Bullseye: When that human crashed into me in the hall, at first, I thought Fred and Neo were playing a practical joke of some kind.

Orb: *checks around to make sure there are no more red smoke bombs for Kit to get into*

Comment

Working...
                                X