Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
    I will be not very active because I will work mornings and evenings all April. But I will drop here every day. And ( I don`t know exactly from which day of May ) I will have probably all day work. Not good for my free time, but I will have more money.
    Haha. When I think about Fed Con: 5.00 to work, later go to FC, 20.00 to second work. All day on legs. I manage it.
    I will take Marek and Gregus to help.
    Hope you have a good time at FedCon
    Any wahoo for more work, which equals more money

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    Had another wraithy dream yesterday. It was the first time I dreamt about Tommy and Rhys in one and the same dream. I was their worshipper but they lived on separate hive ships and had me on a rota. I remember dreaming I had to switch ships and leave Tommy because our allotted time was over and I went to see Rhys. It was awkward because I didn't want to leave Tommy but at the same time I wanted to be with Rhys.
    Aaw
    I had a dream yesterday that I was taken from earth by a Wraith, he told Todd I was going to be his
    *whispers* He looked suspiciously like Kenny
    Aurora: he looked like who?
    PA: No one, dearest
    Aurora:
    Federation Convention = Europe's biggest sci-fi convention. http://www.fedcon.de/
    Ooh, I wish they had something like that nearer to me

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
    That sounds kind of sweet. I been having a lack of wraithy dreams lately.
    Aaw
    *Craig takes fairy cakes and hugs to Leeta*

Comment

What I would love to do is have a proper Wraithy get-together, somewhere in Europe or the UK. I know I've mentioned this before, but it would be so awesome to talk to other Worshippers. Imagine, we could talk Wraith all day. ALL DAY!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
        What I would love to do is have a proper Wraithy get-together, somewhere in Europe or the UK. I know I've mentioned this before, but it would be so awesome to talk to other Worshippers. Imagine, we could talk Wraith all day. ALL DAY!
        *Does want!* Especially since I keep wondering what you all sound like. That would be brilliant. Logistics, however, would be a pain in the proverbial butt.

Comment

Originally posted by KyshaMalini View Post
          *Does want!* Especially since I keep wondering what you all sound like. That would be brilliant. Logistics, however, would be a pain in the proverbial butt.
          *also wants!*

Sharing Wraith art tips would be fun as well as doing group crafts, like jewelry making.

Comment

That would be brilliant! I'd vote for sitting in a very public cafe talking loudly and lewdly about Wraith - and see how people react Plus, the Europe side of that arrangement would be good

Ahhh... trust me, you don't want to know what I sound like. I hate my voice with a passion! Plus I have a weird accent that's a mixture between Australian and New Zealander.
            sigpic

Comment

It might be easier to use webcams on Skype. We couldn't have an all Worshippers video conference but we could take it in turns to chat to each other.
              sigpic

Comment

I would love this too. But I can´t even go to the FedCon.
                Besides, you don´t want to hear me speaking English. My writing skills may be quite ok, but my pronunciation is horrible.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithCat View Post
                  Besides, you don´t want to hear me speaking English. My writing skills may be quite ok, but my pronunciation is horrible.
                  Me too. I probably will stutter. DS will see on Fed Con how I speak English.

Thank you all for nice words about my work. I will start tomorrow. Today evening I have free.
                  sigpic

Comment

That would be awesome on so many levels.

I'm not sure you'd want to hear me speak. My pronounciation probably takes getting used to. It's somewhere between a Brighton accent (I had a co-worker from there once and loved to hear him talk) and the way they teach us to pronounce at school.

Besides, I'm really slow and have difficulties with my vocabulary. It doesn't show that much in written language because I always have an online dictionary open in one tab.

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                    It might be easier to use webcams on Skype. We couldn't have an all Worshippers video conference but we could take it in turns to chat to each other.
                    That would work. I have Skype. But yes, a conference would be even better. I wonder if there is a software that could be used for that.

Maybe next year? You could stay with me so you wouldn't need to get a hotel.

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                    Me too. I probably will stutter. DS will see on Fed Con how I speak English.
                    I'm sure we'll find a way to communicate.

Comment

I would love to chat on skype or whatever else. I'd love to hear everyone else's accents. My accent is just a plain New England accent. It'd also be cool if we could meet somewhere that is ok for everyone. I believe KM lives lives around hour away or so away from me. I always thought it would be funny if we ever bumped into each other by accident.
                      The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Conferencing

I found this, but haven't really taken very long to check it out. It only allows for 8 at a time, but that's certainly better than none. There may be other programs that are better, and I'll go pick some IT brains.

And another...

Edit: Pish to accents. I don't care whether you have Tourettes and shout obscenities after every adjective. In fact, it would be great to hear your voices.

This looks most promising.
                        Last edited by Isolde; 11 April 2011, 09:22 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Conferencing

I found this, but haven't really taken very long to check it out. It only allows for 8 at a time, but that's certainly better than none. There may be other programs that are better, and I'll go pick some IT brains.

And another...

Edit: Pish to accents. I don't care whether you have Tourettes and shout obscenities after every adjective. In fact, it would be great to hear your voices.

This looks most promising.
                          I'm known to swear a lot but I'm not really into shouting obscenities.

Checked out the links and the first looks promising, at least for me 'cos I have a mac.

But I've also looked on Skype's site and found they've apparently added a new group call feature. http://www.skype.com/intl/en/feature...ference-calls/

Comment

Maybe next year? You could stay with me so you wouldn't need to get a hotel.
                            Thanks for the offer. But I can´t say yet. I want to start writing my degree dissertation next summer term.

Why can´t the FedCon be in summer?

BTW, I also have skype.... but I´m hardly online there. And I still need a headset.
                            sigpic

Comment

BTW, I also have skype.... but I´m hardly online there. And I still need a headset.
                              LOL, that's better than me. I don't have headset and my webcam's broken

Comment

And I still need a headset.
                                I don't have any audiovisual equipment either.

Comment

Working...
                                X