No announcement yet.

Security Office - Level 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Lt. Col. Danny Marshall - Chief of Security, Sergeant Gregory Emmanuel NPC}

Marshall and Emmanuel listened to the various radio chatter, which got progressively worse and worse.

"God damn it!"
    Marshall muttered as he stood over the controls, trying to figure out how to amplify the incoming signals.

"Why aren't the secondary repeaters kicking in? ******* fuzzball..."

"The system is not overloaded, sir, they're in case of back up. The primary system's aren't being overload they're being blo-"

"I know that! So get the secondaries online,"

"They're tied to the emergency system sir, I can-"

"We're in lock down!"

"But they're for relief, I can't easily.."

"Just get it done, I need to hear what's going on..."

Marshall studied the camera feeds and picked out what he can for the radio signals.

"The power switches? She's going to direct them to the gate? What the hell? I thought she was a pilot."
    Marshall was becoming over loaded. Was that the safest plan? Where was the General? Who was on desk duty? Perris?

"PERRIS!!! GET BLUE IN HERE NOW!"
    Marshall shouted at the top of his lungs through the open door.

He sat down and grabbed the mic - what was this flight lieutenant thinking?

"Do we still have power control, Greg?"

Emmanuel did a quick turn of the head at another monitor.

"Full control of base systems."

"Good."

Marshall grabbed the mic and directed it to the sub-level 10 speakers. That was hard wired, unlike the radios, and stood a better chance of resisting interference.

"If you can here this, this is the security booth. Do not pull the power, repeat, do not pull the power. We have full control here. Any further plans involving any sort of power discharge or regulation needs to rendezvous here. Repeat, rendezvous here. Marshall out."

sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

"Sec...ty, this is Catheri...zzt Hayden, we're head..g your way now."

Comment

{General Blue}

(( Drag me along. I'll try to keep up. Although I really haven't been reading everything. ))

<< From General's office >>

Nick felt a fingernail tear as he grabbed the door jamb to slow himself down and make the turn into the room. "What the bloody blue blazes do we have loose here," he demanded, "I missed the beginning of all this. Can you give me a 30-second briefing?"
        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

The radio awoke:
          "Security, this is Patrick. Do you need a set of eyes to stay down here? Over.
          Valorin ~ Stephen
          http://valorin.net/

Comment

(Sorry Gen, just gonna jump in and do a quick post to not keep Valorin waiting. Hopefully I'll have time for a longer post for the general tomorrow)

{Lt. Col. Danny Marshall - Chief of Security, Sergeant Gregory Emmanuel NPC}

Originally posted by Valorin View Post
            Sec *crackle* rick. Do y *crackle crackle crackle* stay *crackle* here? Over.
            Greg looked at Marshall and shrugged.

Danny thought for a second and again directed his mic to the sub-level 10 speakers.

"Who ever just called in, if you are suggesting that one man stay behind, please do. If the situation get's dangerous, retreat immediately. Sit tight and wait for further orders. Marshall out."

sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

{Lt. Col. Danny Marshall - Chief of Security}

Marshall turned and stood at attention - formal as always.

"General, sir! Purple small fuzzily aliens, sir. About the size of a chicken. Came through with the incoming wormhole from...the treasure hunting expedition. Can phase shift similar to Re'tu. TER's are effective and have been distributed. They have a knack for small electrical objects and have been screwing with computers, lights and wireless radios. They don't seem to have any malicious intent, or organization."
              Marshall took a breath, nearly gasping for air.

"There's a team on sub-level 10 picking up supplies for a plan they will present when they get here. They left one man there for the manual generator shut off in case it comes to that. The wired connections are fine, so we've been one-way communicating through the intercomm speakers on each floor."

"Oh, and I just sent Laport to check in on Thor."

sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<Security Office~ From Medbay via stairs>

{Flt. Lt. Catherine Hayden}

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                <<Sub Level 3>>

So Cate was just as confused about their stolen moment in the dark. Somehow that didn't make him feel much better. His cheeks still tinted a dark shade of red, he nervously coughed and whispered out of the side of his mouth, "So completely ignoring the awkward moment then?"

Then he realized there was still one obvious problem: a certain sergeant that he'd been extremely snappish with earlier. And a possible witness to their ... physical contact. Robert wondered whether the man could keep his mouth shut.

All of a sudden, his head was really starting to hurt again and he stopped just before the security office to briefly rub at his temples with his free hand. 'I really hate my life.'

They had finally arrived amidst a buzz of activity, the Security room seemed full and just at the threshold Cate had to answer Robert out the side of her mouth softly. "No I'm not, we'll talk about it later...over food and...." She gave him a quick little smile.

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                < Sub level 3 >

“It doesn’t really matter. I’ll answer to anything from ‘Hey you!’ to ‘Medic!’ and ‘Doc’,” Tim couldn’t help but shooting Hughes an amused look ‘Deer in the head light!’ before answering Hayden, “But if you choose to be informal, ma’am, it’s Tim.”
                He hurried the few steps left up towards sublevel 3 and got there just in time to get the door open to lady officer, “After you ma’am,” and as Hughes passed, he made a motion mimicking him locking his mouth and throwing away the key. At least for now…

Now being in front of senior personnel Cate had to reluctanly drop her informality, she inclined her head towards Tim and gave him a friendly face. "Thank you Sergeant, I'll remember that." She meant of course his name and the fact that he was being polite, something that seemed a rare commodity these days.

When she stepped into the room fully Cate's eyes went wide. Nikolai Blue, the last time she saw him was when she was skinny 15 year old at a Embassy party in Washington DC, he was a Colonel then and Cate was totally smitten by him. She regretted not having her party dress on now then mentally slapped herself. "Fool woman, you're not 15 anymore, but he was still very handsome...oh shut up you." She saw Marshall and brought herself back to the matter at hand, but still, the General...she snapped to attention and gave a regulation salute. "Nic....General Blue sir, Colonel Marshall. Flight Lieutenant Hayden reporting from Medbay." She took a deep breath, realising her gaff. "Colonel sir, you requested a full brief on what we plan to do sir." She dropped her newly aquired equipment on a chair and waited for the fallout.

Comment

Marshall crossed his arms and stood, answering any questions the General might have*.

He looked to the door as a motley crew entered the booth.

"Flight Lieutenant."
                  Marshall nodded in welcome while he sneaked a quick peek at the computer screen, making sure all the systems that had been working were still working. He then looked back at the woman.

"Wh-"
                  Danny glanced at the General, taken back. What was this military turning into? Some half baked minute man militia where you just jump out of bed?! If he had reported to commanding officers wearing that he would have had to run the tarmac all day.

"What happened to your outfit, Flight Lieutenant? And you, Hughes? Certainly one of you could have found yourselves some proper BDUs."
                  Marshall looked back and forth between Foster and Hughes, then back at the General, sighing.

"But yes, before you find a proper uniform I'd like a full briefing on your proposed plan of action. I've just briefed the General of the full situation."

((*Gen: Sorry for not waiting. If you had any questions that Nick needed to ask Marshall, just ask them and we can do a little "flashback"))

Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 02 November 2010, 05:13 PM.
                  sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

{General Blue} (( Nope, I'm good. ))

Nick let his half baked idea of using a portable naquida generator as bait and "Pied Pipering" the interlopers through the Gate fall by the wayside. He would only bring it up if the proposed plan seemed even riskier.

He returned Hayden's salute with a wry grin. Force of habit must have driven the woman since one doesn't render a salute when out of uniform. He couldn't exactly fault her though. There was the one memorable time he responded to a mortar attack and found himself in a foxhole wielding an M5 while dressed in his skivvies and boots. Thank God it was summer.
                    "Special circumsances, Colonel. Uniforms or not, at least they're dressed." The amusement was plain in his tone.

"Let's hear what you have, Lieutenant," he said tensely, "No ideas are too far fetched at this point."
                    sigpic

Comment

<Security Office>

{Flt. Lt. Catherine Hayden}

Getting the wave off from the General was as good as getting from her father, she was relieved for the moment, but she knew privately, despite Nic's supportive words, Danny would not let her slide to easily and Cate had visions of doing latrine duty on the edge of the flight line or cleaning out cockpits of 302's after novice pilots had lost their lunch experiencing their first 7G turns. Yet in her typical style, Cate sauntered past the Lt Colonel, very much tempted to poke her tongue out at him, she didn't, only just. "Straighten up girl.." She heard the commodores voice in her head.

"The first thing I need to tell you both is about this." She pointed to the long slender Dragon tatoo snaking it's way down and around her left arm. "It was part of an initiation that I had to undergo...recently. Suffice to say sirs, the ink is laced with Naquada and that now flows through my blood..." Then the hairs stood on her neck, she almost drew her weapon, but something held her in check, it wasn't right. She sensed the symbiote in Nic, but it wasn't callous or even aggresive, there was a calm, but slight panic from it. Cate felt it from the hallway outside but dismissed it into another part of her mind.

"Tok'ra?" she sighed the word under her breath, no one but her would've heard it, no one but her and Nic. She raised one eyebrow at him, then plunged on. "When the alarm first went up and after several meetings with these things, something started to change. Every time I met them, they became agitated, and fled. Yet they came near others without fear." She took a deep breath. "Sirs, I believe they are sentient and they see me as something akin to themselves, maybe even competition for their consumption of energy. That's when I formulated this ah...course of action in my head as we were trying to neutralise them, they simply want to go home General and I'm confident I know where it is. PCW-767, it's the mushroom planet, I know you have sent study teams there and as you know those supersized fungi emit low voltage energy, strangely around 110 volts at 50 hertz...I sort of spent a lot of time there." She swallowed hard, she did not want them to know it was where she had almost been captured.

"The long story short sirs. When you are there, you can actually watch the fungi being eaten, no creatures, just little chomps being taken right before your eyes. That's our firends. My plan is this. With the naquada cell out of a TER or a ZAT, wired into my transformer here." She showed them the one she took from stores, about the size of a small shoe box. "A capacitor and 60 hertz converter, then with this teflon coated wire, it's wrapped around my body. We set a micro timer on a switch connected to the transformer at 1.3 seconds, when that is pressed I will become an EM pulse for that duration, not enough to damage anything on the base, but enough for the Furbies to think there's a seven course banquet. I will be standing on the ramp in front of the Gate after it's dialled, when they arrive, they won't really see me as a meal, more like their Fairy God Mother who's going to grant all their wishes." Now she was feeling a little tired and maybe hungry as well, no one had interrupted her as yet, Cate took this as a good sign. "One last thing, I will need to lead them though, but I should not come back directly. I'll need at least two friendly gate addresses through which I can go to make sure they're not following me any longer."

Comment

Robert wondered, as he followed her into the office, how Cate kept her cool about it. Still, he nodded. "Later then." Almost inaudibly, he tacked on, "Just please say you have a secret stash of liquor that you can smuggle into the infirmary for me. I really want to get hammered right about now." And, at the rate he was going now, he wouldn't be surprised if his day continued to get a whole lot worse.

He just hated when he was actually right. It started with Marshall going off on him and Cate. But Robert was very practiced with the look to kill and he used it to masterful effect as he muttered under his breath, "Yeah? Maybe I'll whack you in the head with a staff weapon sometime and see how clearly you think with a concussion."

He held a clenched fist up to his head, trying to calm what felt like a beating drum. 'I should be *****ing about all my problems in the infirmary, not running around trying to save the base.' He added, with an almost scathing stare at Cate, who had already begun to outline her plan, 'Or looking like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer because of her.'

Comment

When the small group entered the room, Tim came to an abrupt halt, ‘Oh crap… Not only Marshall – But the general?! Why the heck couldn’t someone have warned us!? Oh well, what’s done is done. If the officers get away with their ‘choice’ of clothes, a set of well used BDU’s won’t draw too much attention… I hope. More or less battle conditions, right?’
                          He took one step to the side, closed the door behind them and then stood at attention while listening to the Flight Lt’s explanation.
                          As a medic he had a few concerns about using your own body as a fire beacon, no matter how harmless it might be to someone apparently pumped up with Naquadah, but hopefully she knew what she was doing.

Tim gave Hughes a concerned look out of the corner of his eyes; come to think about it, he really had no idea of why the man had been in the infirmary in the first place, and by the looks of him now, maybe that was where he belonged.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

{General Blue}

~That’s why she felt so funny,~ Janus thought indignantly, ~Naquida but not from a living source.~
                            There’s a difference,
                            Nick thought back.
                            ~Sure. Her’s feels cold, mineral. A symbiote’s feels warmer, organic.~
                            The important thing is, does it react the same as yours does to an energy spike?
                            Janus let his confusion seep into Nick’s thoughts. ~I don’t know.~
                            Coming out of his instant of reverie, the general started shaking his head, “Before we try the human lighting rod bit, I’d rather see if we can make it work with a naquida generator.”
                            ~See, your idea wasn’t quite so hair-brained, was it?~
                            Don’t be too cocky, I’d have us try it before I let her try it.
                            There was an impression of gulping, ~At least I’ll be able to fix the shock damage. I think.~
                            sigpic

Comment

Danny stood more at ease and smiled slightly asthe general had shrugged off the other's unprofessional attire.

He noticed Hughes mutter something under his breath and hold his hand to his head in pain. Ah yes, the Lieutenant was in the infirmary for something wasn't he?

"My apologies, Hughes. I forgot you were in the infirmary prior to this incident."

Marshall than stood with crossed arms as he listened to the Flight Lieutenant's idea. 'What the ****? Has she lost it?' He took her word on the planet, which he couldn't recall, and the method involving the "buffet" made sense...but all the rest...

"Agreed. We're not turning you into a french fry today. And I disagree with your claims about the alien's cognitive ability. These creatures have shown no complex thoughts, no aggression, to suggest that they may find us a threat competing for resources. They seem like flies attracted to sugar. Nothing more."
                              He turned to the general.

"A naquadah generator would be nice, could the device needed be mounted on a MALP or FRED? We could send a team to retrieve it at a later date, and take the appropriate precautions."

sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                                Robert wondered, as he followed her into the office, how Cate kept her cool about it. Still, he nodded. "Later then." Almost inaudibly, he tacked on, "Just please say you have a secret stash of liquor that you can smuggle into the infirmary for me. I really want to get hammered right about now." And, at the rate he was going now, he wouldn't be surprised if his day continued to get a whole lot worse.

He just hated when he was actually right. It started with Marshall going off on him and Cate. But Robert was very practiced with the look to kill and he used it to masterful effect as he muttered under his breath, "Yeah? Maybe I'll whack you in the head with a staff weapon sometime and see how clearly you think with a concussion."

He held a clenched fist up to his head, trying to calm what felt like a beating drum. 'I should be *****ing about all my problems in the infirmary, not running around trying to save the base.' He added, with an almost scathing stare at Cate, who had already begun to outline her plan, 'Or looking like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer because of her.'

"I might be able to arrange that. But not here. I sort of have an interest in a pub off-world. The first chance we get, I promise you can have the finest ales and booze this side of the galaxy." Cate said to him under her breath, keeping both the General and Marshall firmly in her gaze.

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                                {General Blue}

~That’s why she felt so funny,~ Janus thought indignantly, ~Naquida but not from a living source.~
                                There’s a difference,
                                Nick thought back.
                                ~Sure. Her’s feels cold, mineral. A symbiote’s feels warmer, organic.~
                                The important thing is, does it react the same as yours does to an energy spike?
                                Janus let his confusion seep into Nick’s thoughts. ~I don’t know.~
                                Coming out of his instant of reverie, the general started shaking his head, “Before we try the human lighting rod bit, I’d rather see if we can make it work with a naquida generator.”
                                ~See, your idea wasn’t quite so hair-brained, was it?~
                                Don’t be too cocky, I’d have us try it before I let her try it.
                                There was an impression of gulping, ~At least I’ll be able to fix the shock damage. I think.~

"With all due respect sir, the naquada gerator won't work for our purposes." She put herself at the ease posiition, trying to relax a little, the last thing she needed now was stress.

"We simply don't have a transformer portable enough to handle the output of the Naquada generator, as well we need the EMP at the gate, we simply cannot have the base power offline for the time it would take to carry the generator to the gate room and back even if we could control it's output." There was that, but also the fact that Cate was concerned of just how much she could hold without it generating another change in her. Seeing in the dark was one thing but..she left the question unanswered.

((OOC Sharp and I posted at the same time and I didn't see his post up, so editing away))

((OOC Edited again, because Sharp is a spoilsport))

"Agreed. We're not turning you into a french fry today. And I disagree with your claims about the alien's cognitive ability. These creatures have shown no complex thoughts, no aggression, to suggest that they may find us a threat competing for resources. They seem like flies attracted to sugar. Nothing more."

"A naquadah generator would be nice, could the device needed be mounted on a MALP or FRED? We could send a team to retrieve it at a later date, and take the appropriate precautions."

Cate was then distracted by the Colonel's words in the back of her head. She wasn't sure if he was actually speaking or it was still a residue from Janus until she moved her head slightly and saw his lips move. "Sir there are no guarantees with anything I agree. But for the reasons I just gave, the Naquada generator won't work. I can't really explain this here, but for some reason I can feel these creatures...." Cate faced the Colonel front on. "I realise I'm an unknown entity to you Colonel Marshall, I'm just asking you to trust me. I will not be fried, or even lightly roasted believe me...sir."
                                Last edited by RogueRanger; 09 November 2010, 08:16 PM. Reason: Missed above post

Comment

Working...
                                X