OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye sister JM!

Thine sleep monster callith me as well to sleepith in mine bed!
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

I hath encountereth a great wonder, the likes hath not been seen. An Army class that possesseth homework!

Now that I've butchered Olde English, I'm in a class again. Routers, what fun! Today was all review, a good refresher from my training. Ah, the fun of telneting into your partner's router and changing their router's name to something silly.

Went to the big base of 2ID, Camp Red Cloud. Officer sightings, three minus our instructor. Saw an Air Force captain, an Army lieutenant colonel and got told by an Army captain my hair is getting too long. A situation wherein the proper response to everything said is, "Yes, sir."
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
        Yes yes the sig got edited as I edited for your post too *sigh* one little check box causes so many problems.

Jyn: I know protecting your head is important, but isn't wearing 2.5 helmets a little overboard? teehee!
        Actually 3 of them are mine. I've got a half-helmet, a 3/4 w/face shield and a convertable full face. Different helmets for different weather and road conditions. I rarely, if ever, wear the half any more. I like the face shields better. No crud in your face.

Oh, BTW, yes 35 MPH feels fast on a motorcycle, but you get used to it. Now, 88 MPH was FAST!!!!!

The trick, IMO, to learning to ride is to start small. A motor scooter has a hard time topping 45 MPH, is small and easy to maneuver, has no clutch / gears to worry about and, should you happen to knock it over, it's very easy to pick up.
        You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

You're talking to a person here that managed to topple her own bike over. Dunno how it happened. I kept getting the chain off when it fell!
          Though, my main gripe with motorcycles is that it costs money to do its upkeep here, too. You need gasoline, insurance, taxes... A bike has none of those. Human-powered.

Comment

After I'd been riding the motorcycle for a while, I went and took my bicycle out. Now, on the MC my feet go flat on the ground when stopped. I forgot that the bicycle seat is MUCH higher so I can get a comfortable stroke on the pedals. I stopped to chat with one of my neighbors, forgot the height difference, and almost fell into his drainage ditch.

Oh yeah, the gas, insurance, license for me, registration for the MC, maintenance are less than for a car but, they're still needed. In warmer regions of the US, that's the only vehicle some people have. I know that, in the summer, I've gone for weeks and not driven the car except to get groceries.

Hmmmmmm - I need to get all my transport options in for service soon. I hate when they all need it at the same time. I like to spread the cost around a bit more.
            You're never too old to do something goofy.
            sigpic
            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Okay. *hugs Jyn just cuz.*

I don't want to go back to work today.
              I REALLY DON'T.

Comment

Today isn't so bad... but the weather tomorrow looks iffy at best! :/

AccuWeather's Forecast for MN

Comment

not bad here in PA at all, so I can't complain

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I had an absolutely HELLISH Thursday-Friday, but things are much better now.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

My ordered item arrived today! Yay!

Although, my account hasn't been credited yet... *starts to worry*
                    Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                    LOVE HIM-> DT
                    ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Hey Hul - could you please add a little more to your James post? I and David want to get to know him better. I tried to include you in the conversation too you see.

In other news - back from work. Yippee. *goes to fetch chow*

Comment

OMG! What a day! I normally work between 745 and 1600, didn't get off until1900 *whacks stupid-non-thinking-staff at work Feels like I'm more dead then alive...

No IC posts for me tonight, but I'm not holding anybody up atm, so that's nice Getting to bed early tonight, might lurk around here awhile, but bed sounds REALLY nice to me now

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Aww *huggles NG gently and passes pillow and teddy. *.

I'm braindead too, so I'll go watch some telly. I'm aimlessly clicking around now anyway, a sure thing my concentration's totally gone!

Night all!

Comment

Posted this in LOA section but figured i should post it here

Spoiler:
                            Sorry for not doing this back in december but i am doing some misionary work for my church over in Africa and have had very little recreational internet access. I Am curently in Germany metting up with a bunch of new kids that are joining our program so if there is naythign urgent that i need to do tell me i should have acess for about the next week before going back to Kenya.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Thanks PA! Good to see you. Hope your work is going well! Kenya! Wow. I've always wanted to go to Africa....

Comment

We've been all over but my main camp is there and my "Colonel" (its a joke i started because his whole personality remined me of sharp) is in Germany

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Working...
                                X