No announcement yet.

OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want to write the abstract of my paper for me?? It's the last thing I have to do, but I'm stuck on how to start.
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Yea ... NO!

Comment

Then you can't complain about being boerd.
        Dear Journal
        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Nah, just not quite bored enough to write a paper for you. Won't stop my complaints, though.

The boredom. The boredom. The boredom. The boredom. The boredom. The boredom. The boredom. The boredom. The boredom. The boredom.

Comment

So, JM, may I ask what this paper is about??

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

And, I suppose it is time for me to leave for the night. Try not to destroy the place while I'm gone.

Comment

FINISHED AT LAST!!!! Now all, I have to do is complete the IRB and I'm good to go for a week or so until I have another one due.

Well, this praticular paper was the report for the experiment we just finished in our Research Methods in Psychology course. Basically, we were trying to find out if people would smile back when you smiled at them. And the results, were that yes they did smile back, but only about half of the time. That's the VERY, VERY short explanation anyway. And the IRB is a form that you have to fill out every time you do an experiment that used human subjects.
                Dear Journal

Comment

Oh, human lab rats

Seriously: Nice experiment though, I would have thought/hoped for a higher outcome on the smiking back

Comment

It could turn out differently there, different cultural context and all.
                    Dear Journal

Comment

Yes, maybe, but then in the other direction.
                      I don't know how you did your study, but I think that if I went out for a walk on a street in our town, actually MUCH LESS then 50% would smile back. Not because they are more grumpy/angry up here, but you just don't DO that, cultural thing, I don't know; which makes me think about my oldest daughter, whith NO such issues

Comment

Well, around here, no one really looks at anyone else, but if you do happen to make eye contact for more than a split second, then it's perfectly ok to smile in greeting to that person.

EDIT: Ok, I rushed through the IRB, I can add more to it just before class in the morning if I have to, but I think that it'll be ok. And now that it's 0100, I really must try to get a few hours of sleep tonight. I'll stop in again at about 1000 my time, so 9 hours from now. So until then, have a great day, and a great night, or what's left of them.
                        Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 10 October 2007, 09:58 PM.
                        Dear Journal

Comment

nighty nighty JM and I'm about to get th kids to school

Comment

I'm going to try that today at work. Everyone I see around the office, I'll smile at and see how many smile back. There are some who won't even acknowledge that you've said 'good morning' to them. I guess they're so important that they don't need to 'see' other people.
                            You're never too old to do something goofy.
                            sigpic
                            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

WOW! The 'Quarters' thread stuff is really good. I tried to green people but, I guess I haven't been spreading it around enough.
                              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                              sigpic

Comment

Daily break between classes visit. Will try to get something done for CJ.......
                                Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X