No announcement yet.

OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to heard you were hacked, NG. It's a pain in the rear when that happens. Those kinds of people who do that to others are low lifes.

Good luck with your exam and essay, Oranos. What is Applied Anthropology? How long have you been studying and do you have much left of your course to do? Hope you don't mind the questions, just curious. I hope you do well and pass! I finished an Aged Care course in the middle of the year, so I know what its like to have too study.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
    My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

*sulk* It's official. I think I have the flu. Some nasty little bug that's making me feel like I've been whacked with sticks all night.
      I'm working on getting posts done ..... really I am.
      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
        I did manage to change my password so apparently the hacker hadn't changed that or?
        You guys think it's safe again?
        Used capitals, small letters and numbers as a combo this time...

I upated the anti-virus software two days ago, AVG 8 to AVG 9.5 when I first noticed the "Fail-to-deliver"-message. Didn't make the connection of being hacked back then, more of me having caught a virus . Had a scan done then, nothing turned up though, and will make another scan as soon as I get home tonight.
        If you changed your password, and your computer is free of viruses, it should be fine
        but I would definitely double check with AVG and maybe another program (spybot/windows defender/Ad-aware...whatever)

(Just try not to forget the password! )
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Hope it isnt the same password as your other online activities, if I were you I would change all those too!

Gen - hope you feel better soon *mega hugs with lots of tea and OJ*

Comment

Just spend an hour of reseting passwords and run Spybot and just started AVG...

Do I need to say that my comp time for the night is out?

I'll see what I can do post-wise later on... or tomorrow... Sorry...

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
              Good luck with your exam and essay, Oranos. What is Applied Anthropology? How long have you been studying and do you have much left of your course to do? Hope you don't mind the questions, just curious. I hope you do well and pass! I finished an Aged Care course in the middle of the year, so I know what its like to have too study.
              Thanks.

It's fairly self-explanatory. It's essentially the application of method and theory to analyze and solve current problems. Maybe not so simple to define, but that's probably the definition I'd use.

How long have I been studying? I'm confused. For the test or are you referring to college? For the former, just a couple of days. For the latter, this is my third year.

The courses wrap up in December.

Think I covered everything you asked. If not, feel free to repost a question or whatever.

Comment

O, you pretty much covered it with your answer! Thanks for answering, I was curious for I don't think I've heard of Applied Anthropology.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                  O, you pretty much covered it with your answer! Thanks for answering, I was curious for I don't think I've heard of Applied Anthropology.
                  No problem. When most people ask what my major is, they don't even know what anthropology is. If your only problem is Applied Anthropology, you're in good shape.

At least my minor, English, is somewhat more explanatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                    *sulk* It's official. I think I have the flu. Some nasty little bug that's making me feel like I've been whacked with sticks all night.
                    I'm working on getting posts done ..... really I am.

*gentle poke w/more tea with honey and all the good stuff against the flu...*

Comment

Feeling semi-human again. Tomorrow is a day off and I can sleep in. Then, when I do get up, I can make a pot of tea with a large splash of brandy. Turn on the fireplace, snuggle into the comfy chair, pet the cat and nap through various tv shows.
                      The brandy may not make my flu any better but, I really won't care.

Ainty - your post is a real toughy to answer. I'm not a really demonstrative person so I have to let Janus sneak out and take over. He's been feeling as cr@ppy as me.

Darn!!! I wish we had some symbiote smilies.
                      Last edited by Gen Blue; 05 November 2009, 02:52 AM.
                      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like my kind of day off. Take good care of yourself!!

Comment

Oh dear ...I can't think of posts expect see accounting stuff floating in my head

Is that the muses way of tell me to keep studying??

Comment

lol ... you still doing bookkeeping ? Wow, congrats!

Oh - is there any chance of ever getting a talk of McKinnon & Chikozu ? Ryn tried to talk to her team but so far no one responded yet. She sent an email on the same morning that we are still playing.

*poofs off to zzz.....*

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                              Oh dear ...I can't think of posts expect see accounting stuff floating in my head

Is that the muses way of tell me to keep studying??
                              Probably. But you shouldn't listen. I don't.

I've thrown my paper and exam to the curb to repeatedly watch new videos of Mass Effect 2, read the latest Wheel of Time book, and post here. I'm sure we are all thankful for my sacrifice.

Comment

*gentle Genpoke*
                                I know, my post got buried under Julia and Hughes Bit hard to find, it is there though

Comment

Working...
                                X