OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
    OK ... just wondering if I'm holding up SG-5 ? If so then I'll post ... just thought DG would come up with a response ?
    No, that was my impression as well.

Hughes requested to speak with Stevens in private, but Crescent is still there, and since DG is playing Crescent...

DG's probably just busy. Which will probably be me over the weekend. I have an exam coming up on Tuesday.

Comment

Net is back in the house *big sigh of relief*

The router is totally useless though; anyone who knows what to do with a router that probably has the wrong IP-adress and wont take orders from the reset-button in the back?

Oh, well, it just means I can't surf from the lappie atm *cries* but at least I'm back

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Dunno... shoot it ? Have Sawyer or Sayid fiddle with it ? Hmmmm Ummmmm... Google, mayhap ? Look for the brand of your router ? Help pages ? Uhhh...

Sorry, can't be of help other than the above.

Am glad you're back too!!!!!

*pokes the RP for good measure then poofs off to Reality-TV-addictions*

Comment

Yeah, I know, I know, I need to post. It's been work.

Venting that may be slightly hurtful to people who use a network in their job and don't always cooperate with IT personnel.

Spoiler:
          I hate users! They're absolutely certain that their internet not working or not being able to print is a crisis worthy of me dropping an effort to push an entire battalion of several hundred XP computers to Vista before we head to an extended training exercise to help them! The only way I can get an ounce of cooperation is to hold resolving their problem hostage until I get their computer to be upgraded. Quid pro quo works!

And my co-workers are useless. Especially my so-called help! He complains if I don't "please" ask him to do something. This is the Army! He's supposed to be my lackey on the computer side and do what I say, when I say it, not take ten minutes to start moving. Unfortunately, we're the same rank so I don't have much power over him.

There, feel better now. Now if I could say this at work without sounding like I'm going to snap and kill people. Or sound disrespectful, since the most uncooperative people are the senior ones.

Will be posting tonight, promise.
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Always good to vent. And yay! You posted! Woohoo!!!

I'll post tomorrow. Off to zzz now!

Oh - but before I go - is it even possible to create duplicates of the scrolls ? I mean, those things are well, fickle and break down easily, maybe he'd have them framed or something ? Does the base even have that kind of printing tech (to make 'new' scrolls) ?

Comment

Yeah!!! the "G's" are back!!!

get it ....

NG!! w00t!!

DG!! w00t!!

now if i can just get SR to stop lazing about and get to it!!!

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                Always good to vent. And yay! You posted! Woohoo!!!

I'll post tomorrow. Off to zzz now!

Oh - but before I go - is it even possible to create duplicates of the scrolls ? I mean, those things are well, fickle and break down easily, maybe he'd have them framed or something ? Does the base even have that kind of printing tech (to make 'new' scrolls) ?
                Depends on how complex you'd want to be, I guess. Some fairly thin paper rolled tightly, maybe David could write something humorously reassuring in ancient Greek for himself to look at when things get tight. Older methods of making paper were on materials like papyrus or rice paper.
                "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
                  Depends on how complex you'd want to be, I guess. Some fairly thin paper rolled tightly, maybe David could write something humorously reassuring in ancient Greek for himself to look at when things get tight. Older methods of making paper were on materials like papyrus or rice paper.

i have a recipe for such ... made some for a presentation in school ...

just don't know if he has time for the drying process ... maybe put it under heat lights in the mess ...

it really is quite simple!!

could always use actual paper and scuff it up for visual effect!!

teehee!!
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                    now if i can just get SR to stop lazing about and get to it!!!
                    Just misplaced my muses, already

Comment

*drags out SR's muses from there hiding places*

"There. Sit. Behave! ...That goes for you too Mr Oxford... You're back with your rightful owner now"

Comment

I'm half way done writing for Kim, just stuck on Aramis part and how to shoot Zack with that for guilt expression.

I'll catch up with Travis soon. If anyone can tell me the time (mid afternoon or afternoon) so I can dust off Clarie and Lance.

Comment

*sneaks in from RL duties*

It's somewhere between breakfast and lunch...

*poofs back before detected*

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                            I'm half way done writing for Kim, just stuck on Aramis part and how to shoot Zack with that for guilt expression.

I'll catch up with Travis soon. If anyone can tell me the time (mid afternoon or afternoon) so I can dust off Clarie and Lance.

hmmmm ...

alright ... will check in sometime next week.

teehee!!
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!

Comment

Next week?

What are you up to that you haven't told me?

...or is it a subtle poke to SR to try and post more frequently?

in that case *poke, poke, poke*

*ducks and hide*

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                                i have a recipe for such ... made some for a presentation in school ...

just don't know if he has time for the drying process ... maybe put it under heat lights in the mess ...

it really is quite simple!!

could always use actual paper and scuff it up for visual effect!!

teehee!!

Please share that recipe I was thinking this morning about the labs creating the scrolls (in only one hour), and also making actual scroll holders ... with a rectangle-ish opening in the bottom (not all the way through just so that the top of the paper would fit into it somewhat) and it also would be like so that the scrolls would fit into it rolled up, as well as in that bottom opening though not when rolled up, obviously , and the whole thing would look all-weathered and all, maybe torched a little and strapped up with leather straps ... sounds kinda complicated but that's what you get when you have too much free time and no posting time, and well it's sleepy time now...... *poof*

Sorry if I didn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X