SG5 Missions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<Main atrium, Temple, Smyrna>>

"Probably a loincloth of some kind, lieutenant," David replied, somewhat dryly and with a twinkle in his eye. For himself of course there would be a robe, wouldn't there ? Something scholar-like, or priest-like. Maybe sandals, he didn't mind those.
    He would definitely NOT get out there missing half of his clothes... Uh. That so was a no-no. "Just count yourself lucky you'll get at least that; it is rumoured ancient Greek athletes wore no clothes at all when they practised their sports ... But then again that's not your cover either. Remind me again, what is it ? Personal bodyguard ? Hmm, then it might be just a little more luxurious ...". Oh but he was enjoying this...

He continued wandering around, looking for doors, corridors, wherever it may lead them.

Comment

<<Smyrna, Temple>>

Robert's eyes flickered back to the historian before he stepped through the doorway. "I believe we call that the person that can kick your @$$, doctor. And, yes, I can take you down faster than she can stop me." If the man thought the shoulder hurt, he had no idea. Hughes debated, index finger tapping his trousers, "Getting backhanded by the ribbon might actually be worth it."

There seemed to be a couple of more rooms branching out off of this one. He picked one entirely at random--the one directly to his left--and made his way towards it. Smaller than the room he'd been in, he wondered, 'What had they used this one for?'

Comment

<<Main chamber, Temple of Nemesis>>

"Joking about the services, Doctor. Nobody's been in here since, well," she cast a look behind her at the steps of the altar, still bearing the evidence of how unpleasant this place had been for the rest of her old team, "Since the last time SG-5 was here."

Stevens walked toward the passage Williams had noted, while listening to the two men bicker. After figuring they weren't just teasing at each other, "Quit antagonizing each other before I throw you both into the nearest wall." Sure, she couldn't make good on the threat, deap-seated memory of torturing the colonel wouldn't let her use the tech on any teammates. They didn't know that.

Finding the light control, she turned on the wall scones and gestured them in. The passage was short and the door control was placed low on the wall like the lights. She turned it and stepped into the musty private chamber of her old tormenter. "Clothes should be in the teakwood on the other side of the double bed. I promise nobody will look like they stepped out of a Roman-themed skin flick if they don't want to." 'Considering it'll be hard to get any Goa'uld lords to fancy me if they think Hughes or Crescent is already serving that purpose.'

Once the intel had gotten to her, it hadn't taken long for Hera to act.

The gate whooshed open, Themyrius and Alexander hadn't gone back to their relaxed argument over an ultmate showdown of ultimate destiny between Heracles and Gilgamesh. They snapped open their staff weapons and aimed at the event horizon.

There was no time to react, Hera's legionnaires came out shooting. The two young guards were no match for a squad of a dozen led by a tribune, and were left dead as the thirteenth man stepped out of the stargate. The tribune who had taken the message from their mole adjusted his cape and armor and pointed toward the city. "You know our mission, men. Nemesis' vessel is to be taken alive. Kill anyone else who opposes you."
        Last edited by DragonGate; 24 April 2010, 10:02 AM. Reason: Adding more details, poor Themy and Alex.
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<Smyrna, Temple>>

The third room proved to be just as fruitless as the other two and Robert headed back the way he'd come. The next closest thing was the short corridor, spotted by Williams and left alone until Stevens had taken it up. Hughes followed, close on the major's heels, convinced she was on the right track. With a twinge of sympathy, 'She knows this place better than you do.'

But she didn't stand for the two men at each other's throats. Playing the role of the reluctant child, "But Mo-o-o-m." The normal one syllable, he drew out in three or four. "He's completely intolerable."

Robert stepped aside and let the doctor in. Really though, what was suitable for someone of his rank and position? He could work with Stevens on that one, he decided. She'd have some idea of what was acceptable and what wasn't. He just wouldn't deal with Williams on this. Trust the man he did not.

Arms folded, he looked at Stevens. Williams could take first crack at going through the assorted clothes. "Yeah? Great, so what would be-" He frowned and rephrased. "So what exactly would a bodyguard go for?"

((Don't expect much from me today, this'll probably be it.))

Comment

<<Smyrna, Temple>>

Oh. Not in use, then, that was a good thing. He had wondered about the small blotches he had seen in some places, but had not dared to think further about what those could mean. There had been signs of a struggle. Some edges of walls had weird indentations on them, almost as if they'd been hit by something.

She called on them to stop their bickering but David could not resist one last taunt.

"I could say the same thing for you, lieutenant. And what's with the mom thing anyway? You're not related to the major as far as I know. Is this a normal military thing to do? Compare your superiors to your parents?"

Wrinkling his nose as a whiff of dust got caught up in it, David began browsing the indicated, gorgeous wooden closet. He threw various items of what looked like male clothing on the bed. They did look like they could've used a wash though that did help with their feel of authenticity. There was leather in abundance, though he picked up a beige cape-ish thing (with embroidered edges) for himself, together with some dark brown trousers of a soft cottonlike material, and a wine red sleeveless top. He'd decided to go for comfort. After all, a scholar such as himself definitely wasn't a candidate for the coveted (not by him) bounty-hunter-garb. A belt with the same kind of embroidery as on the cape's edges finished off his look.

"There, what do you think? For me, I mean. Now I just need sandals... Where's the shoe closet?"

((hope the colours and stuff are ok, just went and used that imagination of mine, figured it would not be elaborate stuff .... ))

Comment

<<Smyrna, Main Temple>>

She gave both men a look. "There's tendency to take a parental kind of attitude in military leadership, Doctor. Though it's usually not between a leader and subordinate that are only a few years apart. And if I was your mother, Hughes," she let the threat go unfinished as she started looking through the clothes, pulling out a off-white dress and holding it up to her body.

The hem hit well above the knee, leaving the cargo pockets of her trousers completely uncovered. "God, I forgot how skanky the Goa'uld usually dress. Maybe I can find something a little longer in this somewhere. You should be fine with a light toga, your zat should be easily accessible and visible. After all you're playing a guard, not a boy toy. I think her shoe collection is over there."

Tribune Legias and his men headed for the polis, it didn't take long for outliers to realize something was wrong and run for town to alert the Senate and Ak'nar's militiamen.

((feel free to pick up the attack, they're closing the Ed Center early today. Damnit.))
              Last edited by DragonGate; 24 April 2010, 10:01 AM.
              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<Smyrna, Temple>>

Robert briefly met her eyes, a little apprehensive, and then stared down at the floor. But if she suspected just how much he'd started to latch on to her as the parent he never really had, she never said a word to Williams.

Instinctively, at her unfinished threat, he flinched and dipped his head. "I-" His voice broke, but he gritted his teeth, he pressed on. The words came out in a rush. "If you were my mother, what?" He just knew his childhood wouldn't have been as bad then, not with someone he actually looked up to.

He raised an eyebrow as he finally picked out one of the togas and turned it every which way. "In the interests of not getting killed, I should probably have mentioned this from the hallway, but isn't the point to mix in? Wouldn't something longer make you stand out?" He frowned, "God, white is so white."

Robert's eyes darted over to Williams, his outfit was still strewn across the bed. The colors, the embroidery, "Sure you're not going just a little overboard there?" Well, he had wanted an opinion, hadn't he?

((Sadly, no time to pick up the attack on my end now. Need to be up early for the final rounds of the draft. But I'll see what I can manage then if neither of you has dealt with it.))

Comment

<<Smyrna, Temple>>

"Ah, well, the ways of the military never really interested me. In fact, your lingo is the one language I've never really mastered, nor wanted to. All those acronyms, sayings... In theory, I could know what they meant, but in practice, that's something else..." David smiled at her, then went on about the current subject.

"I suppose you could say the same thing for a professor-student relationship, one that I have experienced from both sides. I've been both, actually, my academic career was blossoming in quite a satisfying way, but then 'they' recruited me, and well, you know what happened since." It was said with more than a little regret. Life at uni and in research had been so... fulfilling. To say the least. And now what was he doing? Playing war games, only real ones. It still filled him with dread.

He looked over at Hughes, the man was flustering. There must be something there, the linguist thought, something emotional that he hadn't really seen or noticed before in the lieutenant. But David still wasn't really used to dealing with this kind of thing, inter-team relations were very, very new. So he stayed quiet though did cast the lieutenant a somewhat curious, sympathetic glance. They were still team mates after all.

The dress did cause a smile. "Hmmm. Yes. I see what you mean. I thought I saw something dark blueish there in the closet, though not sure, it might've been a night gown."

He looked at his two team mates. "Maybe we should have matching toga's? We need some kind of common element, to indicate we are serving you, right? And doesn't the captain need something as well? Overboard? You're saying this is too much?"

Why was he babbling so much, David guessed it was the fear. Some feeling of foreboding had settled within him, and it was impossible to get rid of it. So, he babbled. Although it did all make sense, in a way.

((Sorry, DG, will not even try to comment on the attack thing. I am slowly learning how to act in missions first. Let me just say though that you're doing an excellent job on this, the whole environment you've set up is really very much alive and real . Poor guards, I liked them! lol))
                  Last edited by Ryn; 24 April 2010, 03:19 AM. Reason: reworked it a little bit

Comment

<<Smyrna, main plaza>>

Outside the two buildings where SG-5 was split up on different missions, war had broken out and the population that didn't have their weapons had fled to retrieve them. Tribune Legias was using a boulder for cover and issuing demands. "Hand over the Tau'ri and everyone else will be spared! The mighty Mother Hera only wants the outsiders!"

<<Ak'nar's offices, Smyrnan Senate>>

The Jaffa stood up when one of his lieutenants burst into the office where he was about to respond to a question of Captain Crescent's. The lieutenant wasn't even out of breath as he explained. "It's an attack! A tribune and a squad of legionnaires have come through the stargate, Ak'nar." He glanced at the blonde captain. "And the tribune is demanding the Tau'ri surrender."

Crescent jumped out of her chair. "I'm betting this isn't a coincidence, Ak'nar. I have to get to my teammates."

For his part, Ak'nar would be willing to take that bet. He would pull the prim'ta out of whoever had alerted the Olympians himself, if he caught the scum-sucker. "Go, I have to muster the planet's militia. With me, go and muster every man of fighting age. If we want to keep our freedom, we will have to fight for it."

Crescent left first, checking her pistol and wishing like hell they had more than sidearms. Ak'nar and his lieutenant left the office next, and Prima locked the door behind them and hunkered down to wait out the battle.

Stevens looked up at the question from Hughes. Her first thought was, 'You'd have a dad that cheats on your mom constantly, parents who spend most of their time yelling at each other, Mom trashed Dad's car in the parking lot of the Peterson AFB JAG office, Mom invited the entire SGC over for Christmas dinner just to spite Dad when he was stuck at Norfolk with his lieutenant girlfriend. God, was our marriage really that bad?'

Her answer as she considered the fact that he was right, female Goa'uld dressed like sluts and they had to blend in, "You'd probably have grown up to be Air Force and gone to Catholic school. Or become a JAG lawyer, if you took after the other Major Stevens."

She looked closer at the clothes Williams had picked. "Not too overdone, though your personality may have to match. Theolaus was a freeman, if I remember right." Stevens snapped her fingers, remembering the clothes Ares had left even if she preferred to remember nothing else about Nemesis' closest ally being on this planet when Ba'al had been smacking the System Lords, running to his half-sister before she had got tired of him being around, and then SG-1 had killed him.

She dug back into the clothes chest and handed him a folded robe. "In keeping with Williams' mention of similarity, these should match to what he pulled out. Ares left a bunch of stuff when she threw him off the planet."

Crescent had been running and gunning as she left the Senate and grabbed cover where she could to get to her teammates. The door in the foundation of the temple was still open. She ran inside, seeing the lights were on, she shut the door and hoped the legionnaires didn't know about it. "Have to warn the major, have to warn the major. Situation has gone FUBAR."

She ran down the tunnel, M9 held low in front of her. It wouldn't take long to figure where they were, and open the main temple doors.

Captain Kari Crescent

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<Smyrna, Temple>>

A faint smile, "It's a little hard to picture." Robert wondered, probably not the same weapons skill, probably not the same athlete, probably not the same snappish reactions. "But maybe nice." It may have been strict, it couldn't have been worse than his father.

Hughes looked over the robe and considered, "Am I just like totally missing something here? We're supposed to be your slaves. Isn't simpler better? He's got enough colors and embroidery to complete the rainbow." She said it hadn't been too overdone, but it still struck him the wrong way. Just how fancy could they go?

He snapped alert The person coming wasn't exactly being stealthy, that was for sure. And you got to be good at listening over thousands of screaming fans. "Think we have company." His hand rested near the Jericho, "You didn't call for a pizza, did you?"

He looked back at Stevens, more serious now. "Orders?"

((Back to the draft. On the last round.))

Comment

<<Smyrna, Temple>>

David grinned at Stevens. "I could go as freeman. That would be better actually, I couldn't act the whole slave thing anyway, wait, what, who was Theolaus? If I'm to impersonate him." If he had something to work with, that would be nice.

And more fluster from Hughes. Well, now. Had the major hit a nerve? Williams was beginning to get the picture. But, of course, silence is golden, as the saying went. He didn't want to antagonize the lieutenant even further by adding a, possibly hurtful, comment.

"Blending in is indeed the answer, but, ..." He began, but then a strange look from the lieutenant and then the announcement that they had company, sent his stomach all aflutter. David gulped. OK. OK. Don't panic. Breathe. It's probably Crescent. Think. THINK. But he couldn't.

And then a flash of familiar blonde hair appeared from around the corner, and he visibly relaxed. See? Told you. Crescent. Gods, but I'm *THIS* close to a heart attack...

Comment

<<Temple of Nemesis, Nemesis' private chambers>>

"No impersonation, he was Nemesis' staff scholar and several decades older than you, Williams." She heard it, too, and waved them back. "Weapons ready, just in case."

Kari had followed the sound of her teammates' voice after exiting the tunnel to the altar in the main temple. When she was about to enter the room, she called, "Friendly coming in!"

Finding them, she had to catch her breath for a minute while holding up a hand to forestall anybody saying anything. When she could speak, it was not good news. "The planet's under attack, about a dozen or so soldiers, they want us, Boss. The population is fighting, but most of them didn't have weapons readily accessible on short notice. Ak'nar is gathering his militia."

Stevens swore and started walking towards the passage out. "Williams, stay put, Hughes, Crescent, with me. We have to help them, they're here because of us. Damnit, I'd like to know who ratted."

Women and children were hiding wherever they could, Ak'nar and a few of militia were hunting for their invaders, who had managed to slip from the populated area and were circling around in the woods. It wouldn't take a genius to guess where SG-5 were looking, and Ak'nar knew that Legias was far from stupid. Swearing, he gave two of his immediate subordinates orders and headed for the Temple.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<Smyrna, Temple>>

Jericho drawn and aimed at the doorway, he waited a couple more anxious moments.

At the sound of Crescent's voice, the flash of her distinctly blonde hair, Hughes brought the sidearm down and kept his index finger off the trigger. Out of breath and running, her news was anything but good.

He took it all in. Under attack, dozen or so soldiers, most of the population caught off their guard, but trying to mount a resistance.

He practically leapt to the left of Stevens. A little on the sarcastic side, "Doesn't this make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? The last time I felt this wanted was when you snatched me up for your team." More quietly and almost to himself, "And didn't kick me off it a couple of times."

Before following, Robert looked back at the doctor and gave him an encouraging nod. A 'we've got you covered, nothing to worry about.' The man was probably scared half to death now. Combat was new to him, after all. And, hell, it wouldn't have surprised him if Williams had never even gotten into a fight at school before.

And this was one of the reasons he'd voiced his concerns to Stevens, part of why he'd been so tough on Williams, but at least the historian wouldn't be out there and in the way. That would have been an unnecessary distraction, both for him and his fellow officers.

With leg reach, he easily caught up. When he did, he looked down at the smaller woman. "Would you like a couple of prisoners or not?"

Comment

<<Temple of Nemesis, headed outside into the fire>>

Stevens checked her pistol and laid it down while she put the ribbon on her left hand and picked the pistol back up in her right. "Oh, I feel very wanted, Hughes. I'm sure we could stand to be much less wanted than this."

Now on the question of prisoners, "Normally I would say no and leave that to the local population, but we're here for information and whoever's in charge of the squad may know something. Try to capture the most fancy dressed one alive." She thought about that for a minute and who else was fighting. "Or more like try to keep Ak'nar's militia from killing all of them."

Kari hurried to join them, getting to the boss' right. She knew enough of SG-5 history to figure one person in particular the Goa'uld would want, it was going to be just like that training mission, except the other side getting the commander would mean a lot worse things than a little embarassment and the other side having bragging rights.

As Stevens marched off across the main chamber, Kari gave Robert a meaningful look as they followed. "Just so we're clear, the invading squad is probably going to trying to take the major alive for what she knows as an ex-host and a team leader, they want information too. Me and you, are probably on the 'do whatever you want with them' list."

Stevens climbing the stairs up onto the altar to reach the tunnel, drawing a bead and quickly lowering her pistol when Ak'nar stepped out of the tunnel. "Crescent got here ahead of you and warned us."

He didn't move from the tunnel opening. "You and your men should stay here, Major Stevens. Hera has sent her soldiers to capture you."

"Screw that. Your people are under attack because of us, Ak'nar. We're helping you. End of discussion." She had look up to look him into the eye. "Now get out of my way."

Captain Kari Crescent

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<Smryna, Temple>>

As for the one that was dressed the most fancy, that side's best, he'd also be the one brazenly shouting out orders and demands. Probably 'hand over the Tau'ri, do this or die,' the usual trumped up villian card. According to Stevens, he was the one to take alive. Hughes nodded and asked, "You want us to concentrate on him then? Get to him before the militia?"

The flow of information continued to come fast and furious. This time it was from Crescent's end. To her, "Got it. We'll just be sure to disappoint them." He remembered his dad and grinned a little. "I was always good at that. Dad would probably swear to it, if he was still alive."

The tunnel loomed just ahead of them now, but Ak'nar stepped out and barred their path. He insisted the three remain where they were.

But Hughes was quickly growing impatient and stared daggers at Ak'nar. He half expected an elbow any second. This was exactly what Crescent had specifically told him not to do, but he was about to do anyway. "I'd really hate to have to enforce her request, Ak'nar, but I will. So unless you plan on trying to enforce yours, kindly do as she says."

((It's a little something, but I need to get back to my final papers. I hate finals week. This whole post when I can crap sucks. ))

Comment

Working...
                                X