• Time
  • Show
Clear All

*pops in*

Go read in SG6-thread

*poofs out*

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Mission has begun. I edited my *bump* post in the mission thread to lay our scene and introduce two guide NPCs.

And in other news, Transportation took my stuff today, so I no longer have a computer, just a flash drive of my files. Or a TV. Or anything besides military clothing, one civilian set, and my gear. On the other hand, I like the new drive. It's supposed to be one of the water-resistant, shock-proof, rugged types, so it should survive my Fobbit* life in Afghanistan.

*Fobbit = Military slang for personnel who very rarely or never leave the confines of the unit Forward Operating Base (FOB). Combination of FOB and hobbit. Newer term. Older term is REMF (rear echelon mother ~beep~))
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
        Mission has begun. I edited my *bump* post in the mission thread to lay our scene and introduce two guide NPCs.

*Fobbit = Military slang for personnel who very rarely or never leave the confines of the unit Forward Operating Base (FOB). Combination of FOB and hobbit. Newer term. Older term is REMF (rear echelon mother ~beep~))
        Fobbit, I love it.

Yeah, I'm just trying to perfect Robert's line to Crescent (which is giving me more trouble than anticipated), and I'll be good. Who knew talking to women could be so damn hard?

Comment

O - you talked to me a lot lately on AIM - and I'm female

LOL Fobbit, weeee, fun fun. At least you won't be in the line of fire at all.

Also, a really nice opener, DG.

Just a few quick questions whilst pondering my post - what would David know about those markings the people have ? Are they like Goa'uld (that's the proper spelling! ) forehead tattoos ? Cuz he would know that one...

And what is widely known about the Olympians, anyway ? Who are they, or do I make stuff up about that ? Got this funny feeling more research is in my near future....

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
            O - you talked to me a lot lately on AIM - and I'm female
            I never said for me. Why is it that just because I watch some sci-fi here and there people just assume I'm completely inept when it comes to women?

I think I'm cutting out most of Robert's conversation with Crescent. I just can't think of a way to make it work. In terms of it sounding natural for Hughes, of course.

And I think I shall see if I can't get some sleep again. I'll post for Hughes sometime my morning.

Comment

Yeah, the Jaffa have the forehead tattoos, I'm thinking the freed human slaves have the same mark, but on their shoulder. I looked up on-line that tattoos were used to mark slaves in ancient Greece. Couldn't find a particular spot though, might dig more after work.

A balanced scale was the best one I could think of for Nemesis, since she was a goddess of vengeance.
              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

OK - thanks !
                DG - what if you go poof and we haven't gone as far as we'd like ?
                Does someone else (if so who ?) play Jen then ?
                Or do we have to wait a whole year to finish the mission ?
                I will really miss you!!!

Comment

My tentative plan is if we're still on Smyrna, a Goa'uld loyalist bad apple will kidnap her. I should be off pretty early today, loaded up our stuff yesterday to be late shipped overseas. After this week, we'll be in family time, only have to show up for morning exercise.

We'll play here until the 18th or so, feel free to invent NPCs to play with. Here's a quick sketch of three I had in mind for everybody to learn their covers from.

Theolaus - former philosopher of Nemesis, an older free human who is very unhappy with his position as an outcast and lack of citizenship, being denied a voice in the local democracy despite being a land-owning Greek male. Lives away from the central settlements by himself, can't stand the Jaffa he sees as shol'va to their murdered goddess. Possible teacher for David, if approached right.

Namara - former lo'taur of Nemesis. Her issue is similar to Theolaus', though her anger is directed squarely at SG-5 and Lieutenant Colonel Jason "Gator" Richardson for kidnapping her mistress and ending her privileged existence as a personal slave and prospective host. Lives more in town as she holds less of ill-will for the Jaffa. Possible teacher for Kari, though will require a big dose of buttering up.

Ak'nar - former First Prime of Nemesis. Unlike many of the Mediterrean-descended Jaffa around him, he came into Nemesis' service after a border skirmish with a vassal of a vassal of Heru'ur. Holds citizenship and has run for the local Senate several times, but knows no one is going to elect him to a seat, though he can tip the balance as a third party. Regrets what he had to do the old SG-5 in service to his goddess and made a half-hearted "rescue" attempt after SG-5 had gotten clean away with a sedated Nemesis. Possible teacher for Robert.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Sounds good.

Can I ask somebody else (say Ainty ) to play the NPC's ? I'm really no good for playing with myself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post

Can I ask somebody else (say Ainty ) to play the NPC's ? I'm really no good for playing with myself lol.
                      Her? I'm not sure I want her within ten miles of Ak'nar, not if Robert's to be his padawan.

Comment

Comment

Oh, tried to green our team in the mission thread, but the system wouldn't let me, so I just want to say I really am enjoying the mission so far.
                          It's weird though all this time I thought it would be Ryn who would get all the fun but it turns out it's my linguist!

Comment

Not sure how available I'll be for today's post session (it'll be today when you both read this). Probably not on in the morning and not back till 3 or so central time, maybe even later. So if you need to take over for Hughes to move things along--either of you--feel free to do so.

Ryn. I cut it off heading into the temple and didn't really describe much, but just go with Robert's lead. Preferably without Hughes doing anything stupid like setting off traps.

DG. Um, they'd carry radios now, stow it with the GDO later, right? If not, I'll edit when I can.

It hurts to think now, I'm really too tired for this, but wanted to keep things moving on my end as best as possible.

Comment

Guess neither of us knows what's in the temple so will leave it to DG to give us something to work with

Can I say again, it is fun ?

Though, depending on DG's availability, my next post will be tomorrow my time....

BTW, do radios work that way ? Can someone else of the team listen in on the team channel ?

Comment

Yeah, assume we have radio and GDOs right now.

And everybody can hear the transmission on a net. The way radios work (puts on Army Commo hat) is that each radio is tuned to a specific frequency. Everyone on that frequency can hear transmissions, even if they aren't part of the immediate conversation. The key is listening for your assigned call sign and responding when someone asks for you on the net.

Will post this afternoon, don't have enough time now to make a good IC post. Just a note on GDOs for my return next year, I'm going to need a GDO and an IDC for Smyrna left behind with Ak'nar, since Greg and Jen's IDCs should be locked out after they both go MIA.
                                Last edited by DragonGate; 19 April 2010, 06:27 AM.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
                                X