Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
    No one is 'native' to Gaia. There was no intelligent life, that we know of, on the planet. Part of the reason it was chosen and has become the Tau'ri refugee center. Most of the townsfolk are from Earth but, there is a good scattering of people from lots of other worlds.

Of course, since Earth is no more, we're all 'Gaians' now.
    Oh...er....umm....

About half the people in Foreston arn't from Earth and got there after we established the town but before we moved the gate into the (soon to be finished) base. For example: Most of the workers at the factories arn't from Earth, but rather from displaced allies, who need food and shelter.
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

What do you mean the base isn't finished ? The earthquake or gaiaquake stuff has been finished, if it is that... I think max_omega's characters worked with that, as well as one of JM's...

Comment

I think he's talking about the past, events that would have happened before the beginning of the RP.
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Yep, before we started really playing. They moved the Gate and DHD from it's open field and put them underground in the base.
          The towns and the factories were completed before the underground base was.
          Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
          sigpic

Comment

Foreston-

As for the transportation...if Sharp knew the General had been shot at, he could get the chopper up asap and air lift him out. :/
            sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
              Foreston-

As for the transportation...if Sharp knew the General had been shot at, he could get the chopper up asap and air lift him out. :/
              Not only that, but if we have choppers, chances are that, with Brih's status, the medic would have called for an air evac.
              sigpic

Comment

It's a 15 minute drive. Would it really be any faster? With the flight check and getting a pilot? It's not like we've used the chopper alot and it get's daily checks or has a pilot on standby.

DG - wouldn't it be better to not leave the 'rot or curdle' stuff in the sun on the street?
                You're never too old to do something goofy.
                sigpic
                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

I'll have Jeanie help out with that, she will have seen from the window what they're doing and will want to help.

BTW what's PMCS-ing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                    It's a 15 minute drive. Would it really be any faster? With the flight check and getting a pilot? It's not like we've used the chopper alot and it get's daily checks or has a pilot on standby.

DG - wouldn't it be better to not leave the 'rot or curdle' stuff in the sun on the street?
                    A standard military unit would have a QRF (quick reaction force) as well as helicopter for medical necessity ready to go within minutes. Keep in mind, if I understand it correctly, the road to Foreston is quite bumpy. Now, a chopper ride is not guaranteed to be smooth, but probably better than a bumpy humvee ride.
                    sigpic

Comment

we wouldn't really have one prepped, afterall, all operations are within the base unless the personell are on leave or on the shooting range...

anyway it wouldn't take that long to wheel it out onto the tarmac...the point wouldn't be for getting there for a transport for the wounded but a safe transport for the general.
                      sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

we wouldn't really have one prepped, afterall, all operations are within the base unless the personell are on leave or on the shooting range...

anyway it wouldn't take that long to wheel it out onto the tarmac...the point wouldn't be for getting there for a transport for the wounded but a safe transport for the general.
                        The truth is, with the seriousness of her injury, if they were to send a chopper, it would be to pick her up as well as the general. You can easily fit both of them no problem, and it is faster and smoother.

As for having one prepped, I am pretty sure that pilots have to check their choppers daily. Make sure they are ready to go. A pilot would probably be on duty at all times, just in case. So even if it is not sitting out on the pad waiting to take off, it would be a matter of minutes to get it in the air. In the time it would take to get a vehicle just to the base, the chopper would probably have done two or three trips.
                        sigpic

Comment

What?? are you saying Brih is less important that the General??

*snicker*

teehee!!

sry ... i couldn't resist!!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

okey...Gen/Jyn, do you want to have Cal radio Sharp/Marshall back at base?
                            sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                              oh my!!! and i expected Brih to be half way to Foreston when i got back!

and muffled what do you mean muffled??
                              This is what I meant: muffled...

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Note: Need conformation for chopper landing clearance.
                                sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                                X