No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really love your layout Tup, but am not sure what Gen's feeling about it.

Dont mind my first idea I was just trying to work it out.

Comment

Yes, to the investigation.

I was working more on the idea that all the 'public' buildings were grouped together and civilian houses were farther down the street, on the other side of the park.

The Mayor's house is definitely on the main street, right next to the Town Hall.

The garrison building is a little more 'out of town'. The good citizens of Foreston don't want the 'military rabble' living in their town.

Possibly some apartments over the shops for the shop keepers to live if they wanted. Or for those who can't afford a house.
      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
        Really love your layout Tup, but am not sure what Gen's feeling about it.

Dont mind my first idea I was just trying to work it out.
        Thanks! I'll be here all week!

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
        Yes, to the investigation.

I was working more on the idea that all the 'public' buildings were grouped together and civilian houses were farther down the street, on the other side of the park.

The Mayor's house is definitely on the main street, right next to the Town Hall.

The garrison building is a little more 'out of town'. The good citizens of Foreston don't want the 'military rabble' living in their town.

Possibly some apartments over the shops for the shop keepers to live if they wanted. Or for those who can't afford a house.

give me a few minutes to edit my plan...any certain number of shops? just so I know?
        Last edited by Tupopoflungo; 27 March 2008, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Oh - there's " a number", yeah. But a lot of those aren't on the main street.

I would suspect though that the bakery is on the main street, and possibly quite close to Jack's.

There's also Sorrel's Clothes and Jewels, but as said, that one is not on the main street.

EDIT : those are all the shops I could remember.

Comment

Incorporated all the things Gen Blue wanted, and actually divided it into two parts, based on Sharp's diagram of Gaia in the FAQ thread, "The Suburbs" or housing, being southern foreston, closer to riverton, and the "In Town" area, or business area, being North Foreston, closer to the base...

North Foreston
            Spoiler:

South Foreston
            Spoiler:

Still open for debate/additons/changes/deletions

Let me know.

P.s. The circle with the arrow and the letter N is a compass, the N is the general northerly direction

Comment

Just a few notes, but overall I love the map!

1) I was under the impression the mayor's house and town hall were connected.

2) I think it would be logical to have the Garrison between the base and the town, not off to the side. It would make resupply easier and it would also allow the garrison to serve as a check point.

3) Would Jensen's the doctors office be one of the shops?

4) Why is there a bridge? Is there a river? If so it might be a good idea to add a fishing house.

5) I don't know if this is understood but remember, Riverton is really far away and generally isolated. Its a day's travel.

I really think you did a great job with the map, it's about time we had one. I am just bored in class and had time to think it over.

George

Comment

Yes, a double post but I am bored and no ones on.

I really like how this scenario is playing out. We are making it up as it goes along. This is how missions should be done from now on,it would save a lot of headaches and it would be really more fun than playing out a predetermined scenario where you are told how your character should react.

Comment

I thought I would answer these individually for easy-ness....

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                  Just a few notes, but overall I love the map!

1) I was under the impression the mayor's house and town hall were connected.
                  This is a fact I was unaware of...Can anyone confirm?

2) I think it would be logical to have the Garrison between the base and the town, not off to the side. It would make resupply easier and it would also allow the garrison to serve as a check point.
                  I agree with you. I was referencing Sharp's Map of Gaia, where it shows a building kind of north of foreston...I assumed it was the garrison...I may be wrong...Can anyone confirm this too?

3) Would Jensen's the doctors office be one of the shops?
                  Umm...No, as I said in my first post, I basically included all the things I knew, plus what Ryn said, after I get enough new information, I'll add this as well. Version 1.1 was my original. Version 1.2 was the edit. These will be added in Version 1.3

4) Why is there a bridge? Is there a river? If so it might be a good idea to add a fishing house.
                  The bridge goes over the road, It's basically like a 4 foot wide wooden bridge for safe passage over the road, between the sections of the park. Because I placed the park on both sides, I thought this would be good. In several parks I've been to in my life they have spanned a road, and they have had a bridge for easy, safe access.

5) I don't know if this is understood but remember, Riverton is really far away and generally isolated. Its a day's travel.
                  I don't think I really referenced distance at all in this, all I referenced Riverton in was the general direction the road took and which way it was located.

I really think you did a great job with the map, it's about time we had one. I am just bored in class and had time to think it over.
                  Thanks a bunch. I am truly glad for the input, as I stated, my knowledge of the contents of foreston is severely limited...so I definitely needed the help.
                  Last edited by Tupopoflungo; 27 March 2008, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Great work Tup!!!

thanks ... as a visual person this really helps!!

my only thought was from what i read from earlier posts was that Jacks's was at the end of town as you left to go to Riverton

the back side facing out to the forest??? and where one could watch the sunset??? not sure how that works on this planet of course!!!

and then my other question?? where would the market usually be placed???

i love how everyone gets this stuff in their minds?? and it is interesting to see how our mind pix all vary!!!

again ... thanks for all of the great work Tup!!!

teehee!!
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!
                    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                      Great work Tup!!!

thanks ... as a visual person this really helps!!

my only thought was from what i read from earlier posts was that Jacks's was at the end of town as you left to go to Riverton

the back side facing out to the forest??? and where one could watch the sunset??? not sure how that works on this planet of course!!!

and then my other question?? where would the market usually be placed???

i love how everyone gets this stuff in their minds?? and it is interesting to see how our mind pix all vary!!!

again ... thanks for all of the great work Tup!!!

teehee!!
                      Again, this is more information that I did not know previously.

What kind of market are you talking about? Like a bazaar kind of middle eastern sort of deal? where people kind of have a...stand almost???

or something totally different, cuz i put some space in for shops...

Nothing in the design is to scale, the shops block could contain 10 shops next to each other, or however many, its just a rough layout of where things are.

but, with this new information, I hope to perfect the design to a point where sharp actually puts it in his...mappy...thingy...

sorry if i sound like i've just had a labotomy...im quite sick, and i cannot sleep....

Comment

sry you are sick Tup ... hope it is not too serious ... feel better soon!!

and i can see this by the time Sharp gets back ...

version 1.99999999999999

poor tup!!

as to the market i got the impression it is only there on certain days ... so i am thinking "stands"

but others can probably give you better input on that!!

teehee!!
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

So it's possible that they could perhaps be set up in the park and/or between the rows of shops...?

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post

as to the market i got the impression it is only there on certain days ... so i am thinking "stands"

but others can probably give you better input on that!!

teehee!!
                            I am thinking the power coil guy in "The Ties That Bind"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
                              Lol, just watched that episode yesterday...

anyway, that's kindof what I was referring to by Bazaar type of market. sort of stall things that can be taken down and removed when not in use, and erected when needed...

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
                                So it's possible that they could perhaps be set up in the park and/or between the rows of shops...?
                                ahh yup!! and the park ... good idea!!!

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
                                *snicker* uhhuh!! touche!!

and just to throw another wrench in the mix!!

i was almost envisioning it more as a town square ... thus town hall and mayor's place in the center ... all the other stuff in a square around it ... was just a thought!!!

we have so many of those wittle town's like that here in north georgia ...

teehee!!

adds an extra '9' ~~ yikes!
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X