No announcement yet.

SG-3 Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission related OOC chitchat can go here.

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Julia just fascinated by the mere fact of yet another person knowing more than their native language fluently.
    Everyone will soon find out that Cal's Iberian language skills are limited to the formal greetings, please, thank you, & where's the toilet.
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

Hehehe, well Julia doesn't know that

...and from what I understand of you native guys; knowing a second or even a third language is kind of rare?

Do you by any chance have a Gaelic(?) dictionary Gen? Would like to know at least a welcoming phrase, or is it that loooong one that Cal the one to be used?
      I figure my char's has at least *tried* to memorize that.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

I used this. http://translate.reference.com/translate
        I went from English to Irish. What Cal used was a very formal greeting. You can use something shorter. Bí Beannaithe means Blessed Be, a Wiccan greeting.
        sigpic

Comment

Cool link!

I'd definitely use that one if necessary.

"Bí Beannaithe" might even be something that Julia have picked up

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
            (( Please play your own companion or play each other's companions. I'm not even going to try to do them all. ))
            No worries Gen

Can we ask someone outside of SG3?

Anyway; I would like to have someone play a slightly, elderly Iberian doc... Might be grumpy, might hold some grudge against surgeons in general ( everybody knows how gross a surgery can be and having that is a specialty; well, one can't expect too much of that person, now can you? ) or might be just cheerful of joy over the possibility to be a tour guide for the Tau'ri doc... Not very likely, but possible...

I've got a plot bunny and I'll let you in on it if you choose to help me out

Who wants to trade?

I'm sure I can play someone with a language difficulty pretty good Male or female doesn't really matter to me...

Comment

Certainly. Anyone can join in as one of our Iberian hosts/guides. Just make sure they read up on the culture. The link is in the SG3 Mission thread.
              sigpic

Comment

Just a question... what typical names would the Iberians have? Are we only looking at Irish, or Welsh and English as well?

Comment

Irish, Welsh, English, Scottish anything from that area of the world.

Hey, if anyone wants to play Kinte or Tashir, feel free. You don't have to be part of SG3 or the core mission group to join in. The more the merrier.
                  sigpic

Comment

Gen, help:
                    Link to dress codes/colors for different occupations in the Iberian society and the rank structure. Please

Posts will probably come in in my tomorrow evening.

Ryn:
                    Checked the PM and agreed on one condition; you hide away your poking stick for the next few weeks *points at my LOA notice* posts will come when I have the time, promise

Comment

Ma'am, yes, ma'am *salutes* no poke ma'am, yes, ma'am! *salutes again then marches off*

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                        Gen, help:
                        Link to dress codes/colors for different occupations in the Iberian society and the rank structure. Please

Posts will probably come in in my tomorrow evening.

Ryn:
                        Checked the PM and agreed on one condition; you hide away your poking stick for the next few weeks *points at my LOA notice* posts will come when I have the time, promise
                        Check back at this post. The link to the document is there. Let me know if you cannot open the document on Google.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/1...1#post11332355
                        sigpic

Comment

OMG........ I randomly picked the name Niamh....creepy Gave her the rank of the lady too I say that's very, very creepy.

Comment

I was just about to ask you to possibly change your companion's name. Please? I've already established that Naimh is the one who's been dealing with the Tau'ri.

A site for Irish names. http://www.namenerds.com/irish/lists.html
                            sigpic

Comment

Sure no problem....Like I said...it was totally random.

I'll change it to Lady Iseult if that's okay?

Comment

Or even a rank lower, Mistress (someone). A subtle insult.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X