No announcement yet.

SG-3 Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds cool, should create a nice twist and enough sleep deprivation to cause a few issues LOL!!!

Comment

Kym, like me, can sleep anywhere, anytime, through almost anything. So, during her 'sleep time' she can sleep. I don't thing anyone is going to get enough 'sleep time' though. We are going to be a charming team to deal with when we get back. Maybe they should have trank guns waiting for us.

When I thought an eight day mission, it was eight 24-hour days. Now it's twelve 16-hour days.

2 meals a day and 4 hours sleep. That's not even a "Convention Schedule". (IE: 2 meals and 5 hrs sleep per day are required to survive a 4 day Con. Trust me on this.)

ShelBel - You're the only one close enough. Want to go to a Con on Memorial Day weekend? Lansing, MI.
      You're never too old to do something goofy.
      sigpic
      Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Wait, ill fly from Perth in Western Australia, to michigan ok? lol

anyway guys i was wonder what the plan was, is this mission going to be a relaxing misison, or we going to have to use our weapons?

apparently im ment to show that im qualified for promotion, also i was going to unleash Allurai as a weapon soon (this mission) and jynjyr, you get a chance to go with your "Berzerker" thing

Name: Issac Matthews
        Team: SG-3(Marines)
        click for biography

Comment

*Props self up*

Yep, this is going to be one HELL of a mission to look at.
          Lookin' forward to it.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

The post I couldn't make this morning when GW tossed me out.
            Well, I hope we knew in advance that the days were 16h, 48m long. We've been monitoring the place for a while.

I know there's no intelligent natives but, that doesn't mean there are no 'nasties' lurking about. The non-intelligent kind. Where there are herbivores, there are carnivores. I'm sure we'll have some excitement.

BTW - Kym isn't going to go berserk again. She's going to worry like heck about it though. That's when I'm going to have Allurai step in.

McCoy has to come off watch and Kym has to do her watch before I can come get Matthews. That's the first time Kym is going to touch the rod.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
              2 meals a day and 4 hours sleep. That's not even a "Convention Schedule". (IE: 2 meals and 5 hrs sleep per day are required to survive a 4 day Con. Trust me on this.)
              Been there, done that. You are *so* correct.

Originally posted by Jynjyr
              ShelBel - You're the only one close enough. Want to go to a Con on Memorial Day weekend? Lansing, MI.
              Argh, I doubt I can swing it, we've got choir concerts to sing at and another concert to go see in Minneapolis the week prior.

Comment

It was a thought. Although this isn't specifically a Sci-Fi con, it's fun. http://www.mediawestcon.org/
                sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday, Somnium.

Your gift
                  sigpic

Comment

Thankies Jynjyr thats an awesome gift

Comment

Lol a bit late but better late then never. HAPPY BIRTH DAY SOMNIUM

Ps Jynjyr, thanks for the green for that post of mine, i did have to think of some pretty cool stuff. As a writer's point of view, was the whole thing is easy to see in your head?

Name: Issac Matthews
                      Team: SG-3(Marines)
                      click for biography

Comment

Hey Somnium, I was thinking... I think our power source should be hooked up to some abandoned machinery- think like an old grain mill or something. Built into a cave with running water; during the rainy season (I'm assuming there is one, LOL) the batteries aren't used, but since its summer and dry they're still running the mill.

I'm also thinking it should be low in the ground, with some sort of hopper/bin on top, so that the farm animals (aka our "horses") could pull a cart on top, dump their load of grain, and move on without too much trouble. Maybe on the edge of a large lake or something, set into a cliff?

Again... just thinking out loud.

Comment

Hmm sounds good but was under the impression we were going with Jynjyrs initial idea of it being one of those (the name slips my mind!) mirrors that allows you to travel to alternate universes? Jynjyr if you still have the initial idea can you post here and we'll see what everyone thinks?

Comment

(What I originally pitched to Somnium)

Next planet on the list has EM traces on the MALP recon.
                            Gate thru, follow the EM track. Yeah, a day or so walk toward the ocean.
                            Façade carved into the cliff face. Think Petra. Someone can read (kinda) what’s carved over the door. Not sure what language. “Place of Probabilities”

Go in. Something interferes / sucks up the power in everything as long as in the cave-building.

What you’ve got is 16 (1 for each hour of the day) Quantum Mirrors arranged around the circular chamber. (There But for the Grace of God, Point of View).

This is / was a premise for a fic that I’m kinda, sorta, maybe working on. Only mine has SG-1 and, on the Alternate Earth from which they meet people, the Phoenix Foundation runs “Project Doorway.” I love having Jack meet Mac.
                            Last edited by Jynjyr; 15 March 2006, 02:11 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

That works. We both have the same concept of cliff/water/cave, which I find interesting! LOL!

Change the number of mirrors to 16 (for the hours of the day)? Jaime can read a little bit of Ancient, so she could "kinda" read whats over the door. Could prove to be an interesting situation after a couple days of sleep deprivation. Good opportunity for Matthews/Allurai and Tyler to have some sort of "incident".

Comment

Originally posted by ShelBel
                                That works. We both have the same concept of cliff/water/cave, which I find interesting! LOL!

Change the number of mirrors to 16 (for the hours of the day)? Jaime can read a little bit of Ancient, so she could "kinda" read whats over the door. Could prove to be an interesting situation after a couple days of sleep deprivation. Good opportunity for Matthews/Allurai and Tyler to have some sort of "incident".
                                Originally it was 28 mirrors, because thats a number that is impossible to have Mirrors directly opposite each other, a point I needed for the fic and just carried over. Although 16 could be one at each compass point and I don't think anyone / anything is going to be coming thru them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X