X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post

[ Residence - Main hall ] { Kym Tyler }

Kym shortened her stride a touch to match Ryn's. "Beat's me. I thought we'd done a full population count of any survivors." As they reached the stairs, she grabbed the corner post and swung around, jumping down two steps. This startled a boy running up, almost making him trip.
    Slowing her pace, Kym continued with her speculation, "Who knows, maybe the Atlantis expedition found allies and is coming back. Though why they would show up on a random planet is anyone's guess. The only other thing I can think of is a Goa'uld lordling got killed and these are folks who were stuck on that planet."
    Reaching the bottom of the stairs, she walked over to Mykonos. "Captain Tyler and Sgt. Chikozu reporting as ordered, Captain Gentle Lady."
    Kym grinned at the combination of rank titles.
    Originally posted by Ryn View Post
    << Residence, Main Hall >>

Ryn moved out of the way for the boy that fetched Lie'na, wondering where he ran off to in such a hurry. He almost tripped and she caught him on the arm, preventing a fall. "Careful, there!" The kid smiled nervously, mumbled a few, grateful sounding, words (unintelligible to Ryn) and then hurried off.

The explanations Kym offered about the people they were going to meet/rescue, seemed sound, so Ryn just shrugged and nodded. They would just wait and see, speculation drove you nowhere.

She now stood at the bottom of the stairs, at attention as the other woman reported in.

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
    Residence - Main Hall

Lance flew down the hallway after the news that had been brought to him from the boy who was looking after Ryn. His words had hardly made sense, let alone meaning behind the. He was overall quite baffled as to what was going on around the place.

The orders/requests she had send was quite odd, "Captain," he looked at Cal, as he made the expression that he would like to know what was going on.

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
    Lie'na

[Residence - Main Hall]

Following her little leader, Lie'na reached the Main Hall again in a quick time, her long gait kept her from being breathless when she reached the others. As she approached she looked at the posture of the others and matched it as slowed to a stop.

"Captain." She inclined her head a touch as a mark of respect, she looked at the others with warm eyes, then focused onto Cal, awaiting for her orders.

[ Residence - Main hall ] { Cal Mykonos } { Administrator Donel }

“Good,” said Mykonos as she turned to survey her team. “Thanks for being so prompt. Administrator Donel here,” she hooked her thumb in his direction, “works at the military base outside of town. He says that a group of Tau’ri have turned up disguised as natives seeking refuge. As soon as they were taken inside the base, they pulled weapons, took hostages and threatened to explode a naquida bomb if anyone interfered with them.”
    Donel, who’d walked back in the building listening intently to someone on the other end of his phone, held up a hand.
    “A moment, Gentle Lady,” he interrupted before returning to his call. “Thank you, Group Leader. I will inform the Gentle Lady and we will meet Commander Brigid shortly.”
    Folding the top of his bulky device closed, he dropped it into a pocket as he approached the group. “I just spoke to the group leader who was involved with the imposters. They have surrendered their weapons and released the hostages but insist on speaking with someone from … the SGC?” He made the last words sound like a question, unsure what the organization was.
    Cal nodded, “That would be me right now. I’ll explain on the way.”
    “Very good, milady,” Donel bobbed his head, “The car is waiting.”

[ Outside the Residence ]

Callista followed the man outside and surveyed their transport. It wasn’t like any army truck she’d ever seen. Streamlined and fairly narrow, it sat low to the ground on six wide balloon-like tires. Alternating lenses in a brilliant yellow and clear lined the roof line, door panels, front and rear bumpers indicated that emergency lights would be flashing as they traveled.
    Donel went around to the driver’s side and suddenly six doors rose up vertically and layed themselves along the roof. Bucket seats were lined up two by two in the compartment with a tiny storage space at the very back.
    “If you please,” Donel said in the tone of an order, “When you are seated, fasten the safety harness. Lap belts and shoulder belts. We’ll be going quite fast and you never know when another driver isn’t paying attention.”
    He got in the driver’s seat and clipped the two sections of the lap belt over his waist, Reaching over his shoulders, the man then clipped the two shoulder belts to the lap belt and effectively secured himself to the seat.
    Cal got in and followed his lead, finding the the locking mechanism was very simple and foolproof.

(( Interval supplied for replies. ))

Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      [ Lady Bridgid Infirmary ] {Gracious Lady Cear - First Physician Instructor} { Ruarc }

Cear nodded, "If you wish, Julia." She fumbled a bit over the proper title and smiled sheepishly, "Nurse Julia, I mean. Physician Auxilary Deoan speaks fair Tau'ri. She's in class now but will be taking her senior students on rounds later."
      She grinned with real amusement, "You joining them will be the highlight of the student's term."

(( Go ahead and reply as Julia. I'm out of time to continue. ))

< Lady Bridgid Infirmary >

Julia gave the older woman a warm smile, “Thank you. I’d really appreciate that!” and then winked at Carrie. Having to deal with a bunch of overexcited students later on might actually be fun!
      She fell in behind Carrie as they moved towards the cubical, feeling a little bit of dread, but also curiosity about what kind of ‘situation’ the doctor had meant. The episode in the gate room before their departure was way too fresh and vivid to sit well with her, but as her old man had said, the only way to get over it was to get back in the saddle again, ‘Dad and his metaphors…’ and this was at least a start. Being there as an observer, not having to actually
      do anything. Just stand there and watch… and leave if she felt the need for it. No pressure…

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post

Spoiler:
        Julia gave the older woman a warm smile, “Thank you. I’d really appreciate that!” and then winked at Carrie. Having to deal with a bunch of overexcited students later on might actually be fun!
        She fell in behind Carrie as they moved towards the cubical, feeling a little bit of dread, but also curiosity about what kind of ‘situation’ the doctor had meant. The episode in the gate room before their departure was way too fresh and vivid to sit well with her, but as her old man had said, the only way to get over it was to get back in the saddle again, ‘Dad and his metaphors…’ and this was at least a start. Being there as an observer, not having to actually
        do anything. Just stand there and watch… and leave if she felt the need for it. No pressure…

[ Lady Bridgid Infirmary ] {Gracious Lady Cear - First Physician Instructor} { Ruarc } { Studen Efa }
        (( I got tired of just calling her 'the student'. ))

"I send a message to Deoan to call me when class is over," Cear agreed, "Now, your pardon, please."
        She addressed the student in Iberian, "Tell me what you have, Student Efa."
        In a few sentences, the young woman gave her report. She stopped at the door to the cubicle,"This is Mistress Meallán, Ruarc is part of her mother's household."
        Cear glanced down at the form the other girl was fillling out. "That needs to be totally complete, Mistress," she said sternly, "I understand that Ruarc is part of your household. Do you know what happened to cause his injury?"
        Last edited by Jynjyr; 23 September 2010, 03:00 AM. Reason: removed the size parameter - now default size
        You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

(( the font for Iberian is too small, sorry -- please just use regular size ))

<<Road outside Residence>>

Ryn got into the car silently, and followed suit regarding the belt and safety procedures. The vehicle felt weird, nothing like she was used to, it felt very science fiction. Not that she minded, it was actually nice. It did make her wonder what they used as propulsion, she highly doubted it was gasoline. There were no exhaust fumes it seemed like, and the cars ran far too smooth for that. She guessed it had to be some form of electricity, maybe even solar energy, although she saw no such panels anywhere, or maybe they were hidden well into the design of the car. Or even designed totally differently.

So the new group were impostors of some kind. She wasn't sure what to make of that news, but would reserve judgement about these new people until their meeting, if there indeed was to be one. Ryn looked over at the others of their group, then turned back to gaze at the view outside. Keeping quiet seemed like the way to go for now, and Ryn let her thoughts drift this way and that.

Comment

(( Anyone else having a display issue with the 'Iberian' font? It's the same size as the regular font for me. On three different comps. ))

[ Road outside the Residence and en-route to military base ] { Kym Tyler } { Administrator Donel }

Kym buckled herself in and squirmed about to get the straps sitting comfortably on her shoulders. The space between her seat and Mykonos' in front of her was tight for her long legs, her knees were pressing into the seatback.
            Donel reached out and touched a screen on the dashboard, checking that everyone was buckled in. Getting six green lights, he tapped the door control and they slid smoothly down and sealed with a hiss. At the same time, a gentle stream of air began issuing from vents hidden in the ceiling. With a whine, an engine started and they began to move. As they approached the gate to the Residence, he touched another control to activate the flashing lights on the exterior of the vehicle.
            Once on the main road, the acceleration pressed Kym back into the seat. The big balloon tires helped to absorb the bumps in the road and they sped along, scenery becoming a blur as they left the populated areas.
            "Wow. Can we get something like this for Gaia? It would make the trip to Foreston in minutes instead of hours." She was only half joking.
            sigpic

Comment

<< Speeding along in the Car >>

Wow, they were going fast... Ryn felt the pressure against the shoulders from the straps and the speed and gritted her teeth. It was over soon as the car stopped accelerating and instead kept its speed going. She could relax now.

Ryn looked over at Kym as the latter asked her question. "Yeah. How d'you think it works? What's it use for propulsion?"

Comment

Spoiler:
                [ Lady Bridgid Infirmary ] {Gracious Lady Cear - First Physician Instructor} { Ruarc } { Studen Efa }
                (( I got tired of just calling her 'the student'. ))

"I send a message to Deoan to call me when class is over," Cear agreed, "Now, your pardon, please."
                She addressed the student in Iberian, "Tell me what you have, Student Efa."
                In a few sentences, the young woman gave her report. She stopped at the door to the cubicle,"This is Mistress Meallán, Ruarc is part of her mother's household."
                Cear glanced down at the form the other girl was fillling out. "That needs to be totally complete, Mistress," she said sternly, "I understand that Ruarc is part of your household. Do you know what happened to cause his injury?"

Meallán looked up from the form towards the newcomers and one second later, she was standing in attention out of respect for the darker woman.
                “Yes, Gracious Lady. I have completed it to the best of my abilities!” She swallowed and handed over the papers; all of them covered in neatly printed letters.
                “I have no idea of what happened this morning as I was getting ready for school.” Meallán looked between the other women and then lowered her eyes as well as her voice as if sharing a secret, “Ruarc is known for his clumsiness. He’s always dropping things, tripping... falling…” She never ended the sentence out loud, ‘He’s an embarrassment to the entire house…’

NPC - Mistress Meallán - Security detail. Private 1st class.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Lie'na

[Car]

Lie'na gracefully stepped into the car, feeling a stab of paranoia in the confined space. She quelled it and sat uneasily - the belt, however, she was rather dubious about tying herself down.

Instead she half shrugged it on enough for it to look like she'd put it on properly, but if there was a crash she was certain she could react fast enough to avoid injury. She looked up at Kym as she spoke, and gave a non-committal gesture.

She was more impressed with the driver's skill, she knew how to fly, but the limitation of staying grounded it seemed more difficult. Especially with the traffic.

"I once thought it better to be right
                  But now I have finally seen the light
                  Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                  I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                  Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

[ On the road ] { Cal Mykonos } { Administrator Donel }

Unable to turn around and speak to those in the rear seats, Cal tilted her head back and spoke loudly, "I don't think that this would be suitable for the road to Foreston but, they've got some 2 and 3-wheel all terrain vehicles that would be perfect."
                    Donel briefly drove in the oncoming traffic lane as a similar 3-wheeler refused to give way. Without taking his hands off the wheel, the man thumbed the comm control and murmured the offender's tag number as a reminder. That was one operator that was going to be walking for the next 6 months.
                    "Hydrogen turbine power cell, Milady," he answered Ryn's question, "about 6 months life with average use."
                    They were well away from any traffic now and he settled into the top cruising speed for the roadway. Fence posts along the verge flickered past faster than they could be counted. "Fifteen minutes away, Miladies. I'll have a another update before we arrive."

sigpic

Comment

<< The Speeding Car >>

Hydrogen? As in... Water? Wow. Ryn was suitably impressed.

"That's awesome, a car running on watery fuel,"
                      she replied, probably getting the whole tech system wrong, but there you go. "Folks back home would've killed for that tech. If Earth was still there." It would've changed the whole economy, she thought. Oil-based tech would have to make way for other ways of doing things. Ryn wasn't sure it would've gone down all that well with the oil magnates.

"So, fifteen minutes eh. Guess I'll take a few of those for shut-eye." She nodded, got comfortable using the neck rest, and within seconds was sound asleep, with her soft snores resonating through the car soon after.

Comment

[ Military Recruit Base ] { Cal Mykonos } { Administrator Donel } {Captain Carl Johnson} {Lt. Susan Elliot}

Cal gave Donel a very brief briefing on what and who the 'SGC' were. "So, since we're the only ones left, I guess I'm the official representative of the SGC."
                        Donel nodded, "Makes perfect sense now, Milady. This group must not realize the extent of your tragedy."
                        "I'm going to want to talk to Base Commander Brigid before I speak with their leader."
                        "Of course, Milady. We'll be arriving at the gates shortly." Even as he said this, the passengers were pulled against their harnesses as the car firmly decelerated. The sentries at the gate saluted with their rifles and the barricade shot up to leave the way clear.
                        With a whine and a hiss, the car rocked gently to a stop and the doors slid open. Before Cal could even unhook her seatbelt, Donel had bounced out of the car and around to her door.
                        "Gentle Lady, the Base Commander waiting on the other side of this van," he indicated the large command post truck that they were parked beside.
                        Mykonos took the offered hand and got herself and her suddenly unruly skirt out of the low slung car, "Thank you, Administrator. Well done. I hope Commander Brigid appreciates your skills. I know I would."
                        Donel blushed and bowed slightly, disconcerted by the foreign lady's compliment. "This way, Miladies and major."
                        The captain looked at the refugees as she approached the Iberian commander. They can’t all be MIA’s. Some are too old, some are too young. Ok, provisions for dependents too.
                        She faced the, now standing, base commander and returned the other woman’s greeting, “Base Commander Brigid. My regrets for any harm your people may have come to.”

Carl narrowed his eyes as he watched an official looking vehicle arrive and park out of sight. He signalled Elliot to join him, “Wadda ya think, Elliot? Another lie?”
                        The woman barked a laugh, “Do you expect different by now?”
                        They watched the new arrivals come into view.
                        “Hah,” Carl snarled, “Do they really think we’ll fall for another Iberian witch and her costumed sycophants?”
                        Elliot frowned, “I don’t know, Captain. Those look like pretty official insigia on those folks. The man with them is a Major. I don’t think these people would put a man at a higher rank than a woman. The others are a Captain a Gunnery Sergeant and a Jaffa.” She sounded surprised at that realization.
                        “Huh,” Captain Johnson grunted, “Let’s see how much this “Major” understands his supposed rank.”
                        He let out a piercing whistle, “HEY. MAJOR! A word.”

((http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sycophants))

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                          Spoiler:

Meallán looked up from the form towards the newcomers and one second later, she was standing in attention out of respect for the darker woman.
                          “Yes, Gracious Lady. I have completed it to the best of my abilities!” She swallowed and handed over the papers; all of them covered in neatly printed letters.
                          “I have no idea of what happened this morning as I was getting ready for school.” Meallán looked between the other women and then lowered her eyes as well as her voice as if sharing a secret, “Ruarc is known for his clumsiness. He’s always dropping things, tripping... falling…” She never ended the sentence out loud, ‘He’s an embarrassment to the entire house…’

NPC - Mistress Meallán - Security detail. Private 1st class.

Cear tightened her lips slightly but held her questions for the moment. “Thank you, Mistress. There’s a waiting area around the corner.”
                          She cocked an eyebrow at the girl, “Unless, of course, you’d prefer to stay and give him some support.”
                          Efa quickly punched the patient’s identificaton into the computer. “Whoo,” she whistled quietly. Ruarc had been seen in many different neighborhood clinics and by many public service doctors in his scant 33 years. The disturbing trend was that he was being seen more and more often. She left the record for Physician Cear to read and rejoined her patient.
                          “Ruarc, my name is Efa,” she said quietly, purposely leaving off any title, “I want you to try to relax and let someone take care of you for a change.”
                          She slid a bandage with a soft gel center under his head and tugged his hand down to his side, “Lean your head back. It doesn’t make a difference if you get the cover dirty.”
                          The girl saw the wince as he shifted position and let his head down, “What else did you hit when you fell?” She took his hand and unobtrusively counted his pulse and breathing. Mentally she was making notes about the faint greenish mark on his forearm and along his jaw. Not so old bruises.
                          sigpic

Comment

[ Recruit military base ] { Kym Tyler } {Base Commandant Brigid}

Hydrogen power cells, Kym thought, no exhaust but water vapor. Wonder if we can adapt them to the humvees? Diesel fuel won't last forever.
                            Her musings were interrupted by their arrival. Getting her long legs out of the car was an exercise but she accomplished it.
                            The shrill whistle from the enclosed compound snapped her head around. Frowning at the rudeness, Tyler edged her way a few steps toward the refugee group hoping to overhear what they were discussing.

Brigid nodded back to Mykonos, "Gentle Lady Callista, no harm was done except to their pride."
                            She told the Tau'ri envoy everything that Captain Johnson had told her about their situation. "Please be aware that the men may not be totally rational right now. They've been living off the land for months, it seems. Goodmam Lieutenant Elliot, the young woman standing next to Captain Carl, refuses to accept the responsibility of command. They're insisting that we speak to the man."
                            The woman made a face of distaste at that requirement.
                            sigpic

Comment

Military Recruit Base

Being the last of the crew to reach the area that was for the meeting between the so called survivors from Earth and his team. Wasn't sure why but he was feeling suspicious in regards to this group and for a good reason. If they knew where the Alpha Site was, then why didn't they go there, instead coming here? Something hadn't seemed right to him at all.

Walking towards the group after he heard his rank being called out, he was half frowning at the group who had caused this trouble. Reaching Cal and Administrator Donel, he gazed at them, before facing the man who had called out to him. With raised eyebrow, "And the word would be?" he asked, really not liking the guy at all.

Comment

[ Military Recruit Base ] {Captain Carl Johnson} {Lt. Susan Elliot}

Carl slowly looked the man up and down. "The uniform looks pretty good, doesn't it, Elliot? Somebody went to the trouble to really research it."
                                Susan murmured a noncommittal reply, not wishing to inflame the situation any more than it already was.
                                Johnson finally addressed McKinnon directly, the sneer obvious in his tone, "Major what? Major pain to your puppetmaster, I'll wager. The dark haired one in the pink dress? Is that her? What kind of story is she going to come over and spin for us?"

(( ?? ))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X