No announcement yet.

Briefing Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's ok," Ryn told her friend. "Figured you were busy." She shrugged.
    "How fast does it go ?" On the subject of the bike. The engineering stuff didn't really interest her, it went in one ear and went out the other. Ryn was all about experiencing things, not about creating them.

Her eyebrows raised when she heard about the healing powers of Major Stevens, and she couldn't really imagine the Shajgar to be *that* nasty.
    "Wow. So, why don't they keep her handy, then ? She sounds like an asset.".

Then they were interrupted by the arrival of two people that Ryn vaguely remembered from the Infirmary.
    "Oh. Hiya doc. Miss." The last to Julia. "Don't know what it is all about either, but do you think Major Stevens could help me out with my shoulders or is it not allowed ?" She asked Carrie, still eager to get the wounds sorted if there was a possibility. She was in pain even now, but focusing on the conversation helped deal with it. Ryn didn't want to become *too* dependent on pain killers, especially not if their 'workable capacity' diminished with each dose.

Comment

Julia shot a glance over at the ‘gate, “Can’t blame you, I’m still impressed every time I see it…” then turned towards Carrie, “What do you say? You seem to know more about this then the rest of us?”
      “Uh?” Carrie looked back at the others, torn away from her memories and shrugged, “Maybe, but not that much I’m afraid. Some kind of diplomatic / negotiation kind of thing on Iberia, Gus didn’t tell me more then that. Guess we’ll just have to see.”
      She walked over to the side table and poured a mug of water before replying to Ryn, “Allowed and allowed… I’d say it’s more a matter of need. Because, quite frankly, since you’re not dying and we don’t know much about how long these devices actually work before they shut down permanently, I’d say you’re not exactly a top priority for its use…” Carrie sat down at the table, as far away from the head end as she could and gave Ryn an apologizing smile, “I’m sorry, but it’s not my call to make. You’ll have to talk to Gus about that…”

NPC – Julia Hawkins, RN

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Ryn nodded. It was sort of the reply she had expected. Given her track record with the chief doc, she highly doubted he would authorise it. "Okay. Guess it was worth a shot. So um. As long as I'm not expected to carry a backpack - I'll be fine on the mission I suppose.". There was always the belt, too, though walking around like a Michelin-woman, didn't really appeal to the redhead either. The P-90 would be bulky enough already.

Comment

With a frown, Julia sat down opposed Carrie, “Well there is that thing about having to carry your own pack while on missions?”
          Carrie took a sip of the water and looked between Julia and Ryn, with their bruises in different stages of healing, noticing the similarities of the patterns, ‘Fist fight…Yep, Ryn’s really been on the receiving end while in Foreston…’
          “Let’s just see what Cal has to say first, okay?”

NPC – Julia Hawkins, RN

Comment

<<From Mess Hall>>

He walked in and the sight of four females already waiting in the room baffled him endlessly. Simply he wasn’t sure if they were bantering or doing female talking or having a catfight.....or all of the three at once. Shuddering at the image he did what any male would do, entered the room with caution. Keeping himself at the safe distance, McKinnon cleared his throat, to announce his arrival, moved towards the table and took a seat, not really knowing what to say to the group gathered in the room without putting his foot in his mouth.

Comment

((guess only a doctor would still notice Ryn's face injuries. ))

Shrugging at what the doc and the nurse said, Ryn took a seat as well, it seemed like the hip thing to do at the moment. She found herself sitting in the middle of the table, opposite Julia. Deciding to get through this meeting comfortable, she reached for the pitcher of water and poured herself a glass. She then reached for the small bottle in her bag attached to the belt. Popping in two pills in her mouth, she took a sip from the water. Which was when she became aware of another newcomer in the room. An officer. And also someone vaguely familiar. She recognised him from back when they had arrived on Gaia in the 302's and she had had to empty her stomach due to her fear of flying. He had helped her with his own water bottle.
              And they had returned back to the base after trying to find the shooter.

Automatically, Ryn rose to her feet as a sign of respect. "Sir.".

Comment

Lie'na

[From Outdoors]

Lie'na entered the large room with more than a little trepidation and, though pleased there were faces inside that she recognised, that anxiety remained as she quickly scanned the room with her eyes. The clear glass pane along one side of the room did not help the uneasiness, for though she was not afraid of heights, usually there was soft loamy ground below them. Not cold steel.

One of the women she had not yet met was standing, so it took her a moment longer than she would habe liked to decide to take a seat, if all the others stood she would too, but as most had remained seated she would seat herself.

She knew not to go for the head or tail of the table, one would make her seem arrogant beyond words, the other would make her look weak. Instead she chose a seat on the side of the table opposite the glass pane.

"I once thought it better to be right
                But now I have finally seen the light
                Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

{Tyler}

Kym, in the process of sitting, placed the man's face. The oblivious Major from the lounge. A second later, she focused on his unit patch and popped upright again.
                  "Major, Captain K'ma Tyler, SG3. I guess I'm one of yours now." She tipped her head toward Ryn and introduced her, "For the time being an Airman, Ryn Chikozu, also SG3."
                  Kym was confident that, once Ryn was quizzed on procedures, she'd be back to her rightful rank.
                  You're never too old to do something goofy.
                  sigpic
                  Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Keeping her face blank as she was introduced, Ryn just stood there, in parade rest behind her chair. Soon after, she felt the pills she'd taken just a while ago, start to kick in and the tension in her shoulders from the pain eased gradually. It was a relief.
                    There was another newcomer in the room but after a quick glance, it became clear she just had to stick to her current stance until told otherwise.

Comment

Lance tried not to groan at the full attention the two had thrown at him, but nodded, “I guess you are,” he smiled and told them, “At ease.

His gazed landed on Ryn, as he studied her for a moment, knew why she had been give the rank Tyler said out. He really hoped that Chikozu wouldn’t clash with Ashwood again. He trusted Kim to stay civil, but he was going to have to see it from Ryn. Clearing his throat he went to introduce himself, fair given they had done the same, “Major Lance McKinnon, Commanding Officer of SG3. Now knowing I’m a new on this team, I would appreciate it if we all worked together to get to know each other and work as a team should.

He was a flyboy as Kim called him, and he needed to know how the ground pounders did their work. For that he may need to hunt Chris down and take and get advice.

Comment

So this was her new CO. Typical for Lady Fate to pick one she already had had dealings with. She so didn't want to screw this up, but knew she was going to somewhere down the line, somehow she always did. Not trusting her tongue, Ryn kept quiet, and nodded instead at the introduction. She did not sit back down until the officers did, though did relax a little as ordered.

She did not know this McKinnon safe for the few instances that they had met each other. The one from her reality had had a ... reputation ... to say the least, but this man didn't seem to be like him at all. Even though physically, they were identical twins. Clean slate, clean slate, got to remember this, can't get the past in there somewhere, just need to work this out ... Sometimes the other reality stuff really did her head in.

Comment

{Tyler}

Kym nodded once and relaxed, "Certainly, sir. Anything you need or want, just call on me."
                          She tipped her head to one side, "With respect, sir, may I assume that I'm going to remain XO of the team?"
                          She knew the request was a bit impertinant. The major had a right to toss them all away and start again if he wanted, he certainly didn't have to keep her as 2iC.
                          You're never too old to do something goofy.
                          sigpic
                          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

<<from Mess Hall>>

Stepping in, Katherine gazed at the briefing room. It seemed that most people had already arrived, making her one of the last to enter. Looking at the people, it was hard to not notice that majority were women. Katherine didn’t recognize most of the crowd, with the exception of McKinnon, whom she had met only a few moments ago, in the mess. Some of the others she had seen before, around the base, but didn’t really know them. Judging from the uniforms, one was a officer, and two of the women sitting were infirmary staff. Noticing the Jaffa, Katherine remembered her from the commissary earlier today.

“Sir. Ma’am,” she politely said to both officers, McKinnon and Tyler.

sigpic

Comment

Carrie pulled up a notepad from her lab coat pocket and started to draw some figures on it without paying much attention to what was going on around her. Squares becoming cubes becoming houses… A tree, a path… Some more houses…
                              She looked up from her “work” as some more people entered, nodded an acknowledgment, and ten went back to her drawings.

Julia sighed at the doctor across the table, rolled her eyes and then made eye contact with the red headed airman next to Carrie as she slowly got up from her chair and reached out her hand across the table “I’m sorry, I don’t believe we’ve met before, have we? My name’s Julia Hawkins, I work as a nurse in the infirmary…”

NPC – Julia Hawkins, RN

Comment

Her eyes darted from Kym and the major talking and then back to the nurse that had talked to her. Ryn looked skittish and felt that way, too. She really wished this briefing was over with already, so she could go back to bed. It had been foolish to get up, she knew that now.
                                It was then that Ryn caught the bruise marks on the nurse's face and the redhead frowned, forgetting for a second about her current predicament - sit or not sit, talk or not talk, it was all too complicated. The bruises were simpler, and to an extent, something she could relate to.

"What happened to your face?"

Just then she noticed the outstretched hand, and again felt socially awkward, and again, this showed. She was fidgeting. The table was too wide between them for her to reach it and she couldn't get to it without getting in front of the chair she was standing at. Another glance at the major, at Kym. Tell me what to do! I'm only an airman for pete's sake, I can't think for myself . "At ease" could mean so many things. Did it also mean to start being social ?

Comment

Working...
                                X