No announcement yet.

Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue nodded as much as the restraint around his neck would allow. "Thanks, Gus. You're a good man. Do whatever you have to do. I understand."
    ~What's going to happen?~
    All the tests that I told you about earlier.
    ~The ones that might hurt?~
    Yep. Those. Just keep calm and it will be over soon.
    Last edited by Gen Blue; 15 January 2007, 03:10 PM.
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

Gus nodded and went to work. He painstakingly worked through a full physical as best he could with Nick laying down. Finally, after all the xrays had been taken and Nick had been run through a full battery of MRI scans, Gus turned to the tray and picked up an empty syringe, drawing blood into the resevoir; then, feeling guilty to his core, he picked up the second syringe, hoping that Nick would not notice that rather than drawing blood, this one was an injection- and by the time he realized it, it would be too late.

"Just one more," he murmured quietly, and popped the sheath off the needle.

Comment

"There's always 'just one more' isn't there, Gus" Nick sighed.
        Janus, who'd been not-so silently enduring the interminable testing, flicked a glance at the filled syringe coming toward him. A half remembered image picked up from Nick's mind set him off. ~Don't let him do that. Please don't. I saw, in your mind, I saw. I saw, I saw.~
        Saw what?
        The symbiote started struggling, yanking at the restraints hard enough to cut Nick's skin. ~No, no, no, no.~ No, NO, NO. Don't do that. Don't. I'll go, I'll go, I'll goI'll goI'll goI'll go.
        “JANUS,” Nick bellowed, “NO!” The man’s body convulsed hard enough to snap the stitching on one of the leather bands. His scream was lost in the din of shrilling alarms as he fell back on the bed.
        Last edited by Gen Blue; 16 January 2007, 02:36 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

"Sujie!" Gus yelled, and almost instantly the alarm exploded into life and several SF's came rushing in. "I need a tranq, stat! BACK OFF!" he roared at the SF's, who seemed intent on crowding around the general with arms drawn. "Edges of the room, all of you. Nick," he said, laying across the still mostly restrained man thrashing on the gurney. "NICK! Talk to me!" Switching tactics, he caught at Nick's face and held it still in his hands. "Janus, listen to me. We're not trying to hurt you, we just need to talk to you. Please, calm down, you're hurting Nick and if you continue you may kill him- and none of us wants that. CALM. DOWN."

Sujie Kinagi entered the room with the dosage of sedative Gus had requested, and he held out a hand. "Give him a minute."

Last edited by ShelBel; 15 January 2007, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Janus kept thrashing in panic, the image of a lethal injection trapped in his memory.
            Nonononono. Don't hurt Nikolai. I'll go, I'll go. Please don't. I'll go. I'll leave, I'll leave. Don't hurt Nikolai, he babbled frantically. The blazing eyes of the symbiote rolled back and, with a final gasp, the general's body went limp.
            Last edited by Gen Blue; 16 January 2007, 02:34 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

As Blue's body went limp, Gus swore vividly under his breath. "OUT!" he called. "Everyone out. EVERYONE. Sujie- go back to the monitors. And take all this with you." He shoved the tray with the syringe of amytal at her and turning back to Nick, taking his vital signs.

Thankfully, he only appeared to be unconscious, but if the symbiote had gotten agitated enough there could be permanent damage... "Nick," he said softly. "Come on. Nick, Janus, whatever- come back to us here." Gus moved around the general, hooking up brain monitoring equipment as he kept up a steady stream of soothing chatter. Every so often he would pause and verify that Nick's vitals were steady; he didn't want to try to hook him up to anything yet, since it would probably only cause the symbiote to panic again...

It's panicking. Acting like a terrified toddler getting his shots. This has got to be the strangest symbiote I've ever heard of, Gus mused.

Comment

Janus timidly watched the doctor from under almost closed eyelids. He took heart when the medical tray was removed and nothing else happened. Unsure exactly what to call the man, he finally spoke up, his morphed voice barley audible, "Doctor Augustus?"
                sigpic

Comment

Hearing the symbiote speak his name quietly, Gus paused in his treatment of Nick's superficial cuts. "I'm here," he replied slowly.

Comment

Janus blinked slowly and frowned. "Don't be mad at me, please. I know everyone wants me to be gone but, I can't leave. There's too much that needs fixing."
                    The breath caught in his throat, "Now I've hurt Nikolai and he won't talk to me. I even told him that I remember a name."
                    sigpic

Comment

"Janus... I..." Gus was torn between yes, wanting the symbiote gone and letting the general get back to being himself, but knowing that doing so could very well kill him *and* the symbiote as well.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose as a portion of the modern Hippocratic Oath came back to him.

...Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty...
                      Gus sighed again. "Janus, I'm sorry we frightened you. Did Nick tell you that we weren't going to hurt you? Do you believe him?"

Comment

"He told me. I tried to believe him but, I see things in his mind. He's still not sure that I'm not a Goa'uld. He hates the Goa'uld." Janus wiggled as much as the restraints would allow. "I keep trying to remember something that will make him believe ME. Can you tell Doctor Hermione and Callista something? Please?"
                        He paused for a second, "Tell them I remember Beowulf and Berea."
                        sigpic

Comment

Without taking his hand off the damaged restraint, Gus turned around and looked at the security camera he knew was there. "Sujie, get Dr. Lancaster and Sgt. Mykonos down here. Now."

Dr. Kinagi nodded and after a few pushed buttons, paged Hermione and Cal.

Comment

Hermione sighed and got up from the corner of the infirmary in which she'd been lurking. She made her way to outside the isolation room and waited patiently for Cal to arive.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

<< from Quarters >>

Callista pounded in, swinging through the door with one hand on the opening.
                              "What's wrong," she asked breathlessly.

sigpic

Comment

Sujie looked up, one eyebrow raised, at Callista's abrupt entrance.

"Nothing is wrong, per se," she said evenly. "But... we have a message for you. For both of you. Please- follow me."

She led both women to the door of the Isolation room, and pressed the intercom. "Dr. Aaronson. Dr. Lancaster and Sgt. Mykonos are here."

Inside the room, Gus turned to face them through the partially-shuttered window. "Hermione, Callista. Thank you. Um... Janus wanted a message passed on to you. 'Tell them I remember Beowulf and Berea.' "

Comment

Working...
                                X